Code of Conduct

Post LVMH scrap Fendi's fragrances

LVMH scrap Fendi's fragrances

LVMH are scrapping its remaining Fendi fragrance, Palazzo. Italy's general manager for LVMH Perfumes and Cosmetics, Gabriella Scarpa, told Women's Wear Daily that sales "didn?t meet expectations". LVMH acquired the license to create Fendi fragrances from YSL Beaute in 2005, and discontinued all of the Fendi scents before introducing Palazzo in 2007.

More...

Default Re: LVMH scrap Fendi's fragrances

So sorry to hear that! I just tested Palazzo last Friday for the first time. I liked it, and I think the bottle is terrific. I suppose if a fragrance doesn't become a mega-seller it gets scrapped. That's the way of the business world.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th February 2009 at 01:08 PM.

For a moment I thought all of Fendi's frags are scarapped (forever) and there wont be a Fendi frag again. Thankfully I was mistaken!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

This makes me very sad. I wanted this frag.

OK so I am a bit confused. Are all Fendi frags discontinued now? It's the "last remaining" part that makes me think that. My mother in laws fave scent is fendi by fendi.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    OK so I am a bit confused. Are all Fendi frags discontinued now? It's the "last remaining" part that makes me think that. My mother in laws fave scent is fendi by fendi.
    I think they are all discontinued. I only see them on the web

Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well time to start picking up a spare bottle or two when I see them then.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    Fendi original is one of my aunt's favorite scents, too.

Guess it's time to start looking for a new perfume for her...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I like both the original Fendi (although one has to be careful with it or it is overpowering) and Palazzo. Palazzo is actually my favorite "mature" orange blossom scent. What a shame!

This is so sad. I think we need to protest for Theorema at least. It's my favorite and I have been using it sparingly the past few months.

Yes, all of Fendi's older fragrances were discontinued when YSL Beaute's license expired in 2005. Palazzo was the only Fendi fragrance that was made by LVMH, so with that now discontinued all Fendi fragrances are no longer in production.

Or to put it another way - buy lots of Theorema etc

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, all of Fendi's older fragrances were discontinued when YSL Beaute's license expired in 2005. Palazzo was the only Fendi fragrance that was made by LVMH, so with that now discontinued all Fendi fragrances are no longer in production.

Or to put it another way - buy lots of Theorema etc
    Theorema is THE Fendi scent to find.
    There are many pros: quality product, good concentration, no re-formulations, etc.

The parfum/extrait concentration is absolutely magnificent, and it's very strange that at the time of release, it didn't get that much attention.

Oh gosh, now I will be forced to decide on a whether or not to get a full bottle of Life Essence . Nice and pleasant, but I don't know if it would work for me.Hopefully I can check out Theorema as well. Sounds interesting.