View Poll Results: LHB EDP or EDT?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • EDT

3 15.00%
  • EDP

17 85.00%

Default L'Heure Bleue - EDP or EDT?

Locally I can get the LHB (except any any extrait or pure parfum versions). However, the only sample sprays I've got is the LHB EDP and I never smelled the EDT.

How different or similar is the EDT from the EDP; and which one do you prefer? (poll enclosed). If I can't get the EDP, is the EDT an acceptable substitute?

Have searched and found another thread, but not much a marked preference there for either EDP or EDT... it was a vintage LHB vs modern LHB debate.

Default Re: L'Heure Bleue - EDP or EDT?

I have a sample (or had) of the EDP. When I first smelled it I fell in love with LHB. I bought it and I received instead the EDT. To make up for it, the vendor sent me another bottle of EDT. I like it too, but my favorite is the EDP, richer and smoother, but both are gorgeous
    Evenstar

I find the EdT easier to wear, simply because I have always found L'Heure Bleue to have a watery aspect throughout the top and midnotes; the EdP loses this to the spiciness of carnation.

Basenotes Institution

Definitely EDP - it's longer lasting, smoother ,deeper and holds its character well on me. EDT doesn't last long on me though it is glorious in its own right.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

EdP hands down.

I own the Eau de Cologne formula of L'Heure Bleue also (discontinued) and I loved it. I automatically thought I'd like the EdT better. SO WRONG. The EdT is really horrible IMO. I just recently got the EdP (it's vintage) which is actually called Parfum de Toilette. It's almost as good as the parfum...which is exquisite.

If you have the EdP already, the only one I think you should seek out is the parfum or the EdC if you can find it.

Is it true that the parfum and extrait are one and the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Is it true that the parfum and extrait are one and the same ?
    That is correct.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    That is correct.
    Thank you Brielle, I thought they may be the same.

Wow, 16 to 3 EDP over EDT. Unless there's last minute change I think we know what the winner is. Thank you ladies for your considered opinions.

Noooo!
    Parfum. Pure parfum.
    Believe it or not, it is the most wearable concentration because the vanillic underpinnings soften the spicy notes considerably. I know it sounds strange to say that the strongest concentration smells the softest, but it is true in the case of L'Heure Bleue.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Noooo!
    Parfum. Pure parfum.
    Believe it or not, it is the most wearable concentration because the vanillic underpinnings soften the spicy notes considerably. I know it sounds strange to say that the strongest concentration smells the softest, but it is true in the case of L'Heure Bleue.
    Sorry, but my budget is spread over buying perfumery supplies (spent US$800 so far in the last few months) and buying perfume itself. So that rules out buying any expensive parfums.... hence EDT or EDP is a realistic purchase but parfum-grade materials aren't.