Code of Conduct

Smile azzaro chrome VS azzaro visit

One of the first fragrances i ever purchased was azzaro pour homme(1978)-i really loved the anise accord in that one,however times have now changed for me(fragrance wise)and i am now looking to buy my second azzaro fragrance.I have opted for either-chrome(1996),or visit(2003)-i am willing to buy either of these fragrances blind,because from words of wisdom past on to me from fellow basenoters i have bought blind several fragrances and have so far been totally pleased.Which one of these azzaro fragrances should i opt for? Many thanks.

Default Re: azzaro chrome VS azzaro visit

I've never tried Visit, but I own and wear and enjoy Chrome. Don't expect it to be anything like Azzaro PH! It's more like CK one for grown-ups, fresher, less sweet, less floral with a distinct and very pleasant metallic note that smells to me like freshly polished... chrome! And it projects everywhere and lasts forever.
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 10th February 2009 at 09:21 AM.

I own Visit and have owned Chrome. I kept Visit and sold Chrome off. Chrome isn't unpleasant, it just seems like I've smelled it in many frags before. Visit to my nose is quite different to other scents, very woody with nutmeg. They can't really be compared but I would opt for Visit :P
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Chrome: clean and soapy

Visit: spicy and woody

I prefer Visit.

I've worn both.

I owned Visit at one time and liked it a lot; however, the longevity wasn't that good for a spicy/woody/incense scent. Chrome is a good, well-crafted "clean" scent with a megaton of longevity, but here in the States it's very popular: the market share stats show it as #5 on the US men's sales charts, up there with AdG, Polo Blue, and D&G Light Blue Pour Homme (and where original Azzaro PH doesn't sell very well anymore). Not sure about the UK.

You can't go wrong either way.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 10th February 2009 at 01:10 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I own and love APH (the only time I've ever liked anise). I also have Chrome and Visit, and don't care for either one. It's not that they are bad fragrances, they just aren't great like their older brother. They both, as far as I can recall, smelled like many other fresh/crisp department store scents out there now.
    New site for my available dec^H^H^Hsplits: http://www.badgerdecants.com

Another Visit fan here. Chrome is great but it's everywhere and there's a lot out there that smells like it.
    Visit is warm, woody with incense. It's very comforting and lasts on me. BTW, I too, own APH. Still like it a lot but don't reach for it that often. No doubt, a classic and a must-own.
    RM

both are such fabulous scents...very hard to choose. sirslarty has decribed them right, you should go with either one of it depending on your taste...
    if you want something more in lines of Azzaro Ph then Visit should be your choice, chrome is just a blast of freshness wtih amazing staying power. i love both of em..

Chrome to me is just like CK one and it is the Drakkar Noir of the new generation in the US. For me Chrome does not last very long or project at all - I have noticed that "all men' who wear this scent are very very heavy with applying this so this may lead them to believe it is long lasting with sillage.

Visit on the other hand is a very rich cedar and incense with a dash of pink pepper fragrance. I find it to be close to Donna Karen's Black Cashmere that was released a few years back. The scent to my skin is very long lasting and if over done can be very tedious.
    Last edited by scentimus; 10th February 2009 at 01:39 PM.

None for me, thanks! I've owned all of these and they just don't work for me.

Azzaro must not be my house...

Visit, no questions about it. It's hard to like Chrome if you love Azzaro ph.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Chrome fan here find it a great summer scent for me

chrome for me was a big no brainer
    I smelled it
    tried it for a few days
    bought it
    and i dont regret since i got it for like 23 bucks with shipping

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Chrome to me is just like CK one and it is the Drakkar Noir of the new generation in the US. For me Chrome does not last very long or project at all - I have noticed that "all men' who wear this scent are very very heavy with applying this so this may lead them to believe it is long lasting with sillage.

Visit on the other hand is a very rich cedar and incense with a dash of pink pepper fragrance. I find it to be close to Donna Karen's Black Cashmere that was released a few years back. The scent to my skin is very long lasting and if over done can be very tedious.
    Ditto. Visit is a very warm, comforting scent that lasts, though you do have to be a fan of nutmeg!

I've never smelled Visit. But Chrome was what I wrote back in high school along with Jovan Musk. I recently picked up Azzaro pH and loved it. I also got my old Chrome bottle back recently and it's still as good as ever. I wouldn't describe it as fresh and clean - I would say more professional and cold.

Love chrome, but then again I have a knack for fresh soapy scents

I enjoy both equally.

Visit - Suggested use:- when the weather begins to cool down
    Chrome suggested use- when the weather begins to warm up

so make your choice based on the current weather trend in your area...

In my own opinion, Chrome is a little safer to buy blind while Visit like others in it Spicy category is better be tried on first

I have a trip coming up in a couple of days, I am giving away my bottle of chrome to anyone who lives in the us and willing to pay for shipping. I am doing small on the bottles, and this is one is 3.3 Oz with about 90 % maybe more. If someone wants it, PM me. I am leaving on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Chrome: clean and soapy

Visit: spicy and woody

I prefer Visit.
    Visit for me too ..recomended !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I like Chrome - I have a 100ml bottle, a 30ml bottle, and eight 20ml bottles. But I only use it in summer here, and when I go overseas and do lots of walking in warm to hot weather. It just keeps on lasting and keeping me fresh all day when I'm perspiring, where all my the other scents would have conked out.

I have a 50ml bottle of Visit, and I find it better in cooler weather.

Renato

Visit, simply because it's not as mundane and commonplace as a Chrome-type fragrance.

The shower Gel of Chrome is the only Azzaro I own (except pH). It's really great to use in the summer, and each time it makes me giggle like a school girl thinking of a certain Chandler Burr who opened a new rating category for it in NYT: Zero Stars !Let's see if I can find that for you:

"Chrome smells like a sheet of aluminum (!) on a frozen beach, a scent to be bought by a certain type of man for whom beauty and subtlety are Orwellian opposites. It is also a commercial smash.(!) What does that say?" NYT: Men Smelling Badly (Chrome is still the only one in that category. All exclamation marks are mine. )
    Last edited by narcus; 9th April 2009 at 06:40 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    "Chrome smells like a sheet of aluminum (!) on a frozen beach, a scent to be bought by a certain type of man for whom beauty and subtlety are Orwellian opposites. It is also a commercial smash.(!) What does that say?" NYT: Men Smelling Badly (Chrome is still the only one in that category. All exclamation marks are mine. )
    LOL! That's actually exactly how I feel about Chrome, I subscribe to Burr's assessment
    100%. When I smell Chrome I am instantly reminded of a rusty metal door handle I once grabbed with my bare hand to open the door on a -30 C winter day. Yes, when I smell Chrome I smell literally rust and every time I have this sensation my train of thought and allusions bring up mental pictures of kids who foolishly lick metal on a freezing day.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post

"Chrome smells like a sheet of aluminum (!) on a frozen beach, a scent to be bought by a certain type of man for whom beauty and subtlety are Orwellian opposites. It is also a commercial smash.(!) What does that say?"
    Perhaps it says that he is totally divorced and out of touch with what the typical European and American male appreciates and likes - like an ultra fresh, long lasting, citrus masculine scent?

Maybe they should make a new version of Footloose where instead of banning rock music and dancing, they ban scents that Chandler Burr and Luca Turin don't like?

Turin's take on Chrome was,
    "Why, oh why do people want to pay real money to get the smell of their shampoo played louder, in a form that doesn't even wash hair?"

Which is most annoying - as he doesn't state which shampoos actually smell like Chrome.
    I'd be buying them by the bucket load.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 9th April 2009 at 07:08 AM.

I've never tried Visit but Chrome is great and masculine
    Perfume noob

Visit. Why Yes?

Well, Visit have a lovely aura, carisma, spices.....Very spetial feeling.....Good longevity and sillage.

Chrome? Why No?

Because is a little bit flat and common. Nothing more. Very common style.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    Visit. Why Yes?

Well, Visit have a lovely aura, carisma, spices.....Very spetial feeling.....Good longevity and sillage.

Chrome? Why No?

Because is a little bit flat and common. Nothing more. Very common style.
    Perhaps that is the case for your nose. But I can instantly spot Chrome when someone else is wearing it. To my nose, there's nothing else quite like it.
    Renato