Code of Conduct

Default Tauer Lonestar memories

I am wearing it today. hmm is this what Garage and Nostalgia smell like?
    Rubber, heavy smoke, leather... the opening is atomic, I like it, it puts Bvlgari Black to sleep.
    Hard to wear though, I got a comment as soon as I arrived at my office , they simply asked me what I was wearing.

This is the sort of fragrances that makes me love fragrances, brutal, different, challenging, addictive, surprising but perhaps... unwearable. This is the first Tauer I have ever tried but I am looking forward to discover more from this house.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Tauer Lonestar memories

Wearing it can be a commitment. I think from across a room, though, it comes across as fairly restrained.

Garage and Nostalgia are a bit different - they have more prominent rubber notes.

Aaah, L'eau de Beef Jerky! I love it.

Closest thing I know is Le Labo Patchouli 24, that also has an overdose Birch Tar.

Oh and - a shameless plug - if you want to try more Tauers, you can swap some original Tauer samples with me for something you have.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 10th February 2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

it has been 24 hours, I wore it yesterday and I sprayed in a paper test, I just reach to the paper and the fragrance still has a definitely "different industrial rubberish" note.
    I will not go as far as saying that I would like to buy a full bottle but I like it. One thing is for sure 9 out of 10 people (non fragrance lovers) will not like it

I've come so close to buying a full bottle of this one on numerous occasions. Despite LM's being a fairly odd fragrance, I find it very comforting.

I tested this last September. This was my review

Lonestar Memories--Being a Texan I had hope. But this is not a good memory. It dries down to a tarish/dirt smell and starts as nothing good that I can explain. I don't get it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

the more i think about the concept behind L'Air, Lonestar, incense rose etal..the more im drawn into it. it;s just like a movie. Tauer is doing some crazy stuff in his lab and im addicted to it

I do like it, but I'd rather wear Patchouli 24 and Nostalgia. That's why I don't own a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    the more i think about the concept behind L'Air, Lonestar, incense rose etal..the more im drawn into it. it;s just like a movie. Tauer is doing some crazy stuff in his lab and im addicted to it
    Actually, I can only really-really appreciate L'Air. I find the rest a bit mediocre and variations on the same rose / incense theme.

I wish Tauer would go out of his way once and produce an aquatic or gourmand or such. Although Maroc pour Elle is very edible in the end. Smells like couscous or rice.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

This Tauer stuff is largely overrated. I don't like l'Air du desert marocaine and Lonestar memories is one of the worst scents I ever smelled. I just tossed a boddle of incense extreme and still have a unopened boddle of ADM in its originial package that I would gladly swap...

I came up with the name Lonestar Memories for Andy.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution

I think that it's different than Garage and Nostalgia, in that the accords Lonestar Memories evokes are very natural smells: campfire, smoked and burnt wood chips (mesquite?), and then, of course, leather. Of the saddle leather variety.

I think the problem that most people have with LM, is the close olfactory ties a lot of us have with these smells and smoked food (meat, etc).

Of course, Patchouli 24 by Le Labo is much more straight up harsh, because it includes a synthetic rubber note in amongst the smoky tar and leather.

Like I said in my review, Burning Barbershop by DS & Durga is also like LM - but LM is way more foody/smoky. Those who like LM but think it's a little too much should try the DS&D scent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    nice one!

Lonestar Memories is a nice smoky, saddle leather scent.....i think it's pretty nice. I think it is a bit too linear, and I don't find much complexity to keep me interested in it very long.....but it's a good fragrance.

Nostalgia is very different to LM.......in fact, i can't think of any similarity at all....same goes for Garage.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    This Tauer stuff is largely overrated. I don't like l'Air du desert marocaine and Lonestar memories is one of the worst scents I ever smelled. I just tossed a boddle of incense extreme and still have a unopened boddle of ADM in its originial package that I would gladly swap...
    hmmmmf.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    really??? if so, thn the name captures the essence of this scent perfectly...

Tauer has a talent for creating very alluring descriptions for his fragrances. The description of L'Air is intriguing.
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

Lonestar Memories was one of the few fragrances I went immediately from a decant to a full bottle. I took a complete opposite turn on Nostalgia, it being one of the few fragrances that I simply didn't like.

I thought my description of L'Air was alluring too; a potato skin smeared with spices and a floral scented cleaning fluid, then left out in the desert sun for a few days. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th February 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    This Tauer stuff is largely overrated.
    I'll endorse the above. Lonestar Memories could have been called Portehouse pour Homme. I like eating steak not smelling of it...

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    hmmmmf.

Don't be mad. This is just my humble opinion.

One thing's for sure, it's pungent. I had to put my sample outside of my room, because I could still smell it (from the outside) and it was interfering with my being able to smell the other things I was sampling!

And that's how I ended up losing it. I couldn't remember where I put it! Eventually, I went around the house, sniffing and found it in the hall closet.
    Last edited by Aiona; 11th February 2009 at 09:50 AM.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

Rex. do you still have that bottle of lonestar?

Luckily, it was just a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    Rubber, heavy smoke, leather... the opening is atomic, ...
    And in a 2nd post you said "different industrial rubbery."

I deliberately didn't read this thread until I had tried my sample, which I am wearing today. This is exactly how it seems to me. Very rubbery, old-worn leather. At times quite sweet, at other times a bit smokey.
    Not my style of scent at all. I can't say I like it or would ever even try to like it.
    But it is different! Just that my taste doesn't match up with its profile.
    Glad to have had the experience, though.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

It seemed to have a bit of that L'air vibe to it, just not done quite as well. I'd rather wear L'air but wouldn't mind LM every now and then. I'd also like to sample the Tauer house a bit more, but haven't read anything that reaches L'air's reputation. I hope it's not a one hit wonder.

Smells rubbery to me also.

Not good. Smells like unwashed grilling grid..