Code of Conduct
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Original Insert Prose/Available Product List In Box Of Vintage Montana Parfum d'Homme

The following are the 1989 version Edt and ancillary products apparently offered concurrently, each described in detail--I will spare the Gentle Reader the flowery descriptions of each--as listed in the original multi-folded insert (7 languages) found inside the box of vintage Montana Parfum d'Homme (Red Box-1989).

I recently had the good fortune to find and purchase the 75ml NIB spray bottle locally:

************************************************** ************************************************

"Claude Montana, the new language of Fashion. For Claude Montana, the visionary, "one of the most gifted Creators of his generation"., the creation of a fragrance is an adventure that knows no bounds, to which he is totally committed right to the very end.
    The new men's line. "Parfum d'Homme", was born of his prophetic vision of the 'man of the future" and his key values: modernism, perfection and exigence."

Edt

Aftershave

Aftershave Soother

Aftershave Creme

Shaving Foam

Shaving Soap

Shampoo

Moisturizing Body Lotion

Natural Spray Deodorant

Aerosol Deodorant

Deodorant Stick

Last edited by kbe; 10th February 2009 at 11:57 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Default Re: Original Insert Prose/Available Product List In Box Of Vintage Montana Parfum d'H

It's great to know that you scored a bottle of 'vintage' Montana parfum d'homme.
    I am sure a lot of us would like to know how does it compare to the relaunched Montana parfum d'homme (Red box).

I had a bottle of the reformulated version and though the juice was long lasting, it didn't quite amaze me so I just got rid of it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Original Insert Prose/Available Product List In Box Of Vintage Montana Parfum d'H

I plan to do just that either this weekend or next gupts.

Blog Entries

I've gotta ask the obvious question; how does it stack up to Havana?
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    I've gotta ask the obvious question; how does it stack up to Havana?

Boy, that is a toughie. Overall, the vintage Montana seems a half-step closer to Havana then the re-issue, but I still haven't done a side-by-side of the two versions or a Montana/Havana show down. And Havana and Montana PdH are 1st cousins in my opinion, not siblings.

As far as enjoyability for me, I call it a toss-up and dependent on the situation/heat index/mood. The Havana is perfect for typical weather in the tropical zone I live in and is more casual, maybe nothing better for an afternoon at that palm frond thatched hut-bar on the edge of the beach, tee shirt, sandals and shorts and tall Mojitos the order of the day.

The Montanas wears very well in heat also, but are better in cooler weather compared to the Havana and seem more reserved in sillage and a better choice for a late moonlight dance night by the docks. When I first owned both in 2006 the grand chaos of Havana's opening and that divine drydown had me mesmerized and just plain overshadowed the excellent re-issue Montana PdH. It was no contest. But then tastes change as we gain fragrance maturity and experience I guess.

With a couple of years of wearing each under my belt I am going to say that if I had to save only one bottle from a house fire and could never replace any of the three, I would reluctantly take the Montana vintage and comment that I put it first among equals. I never thought I would say that I would leave my beloved Havana for another and I may change my mind in the future. Both the Montanas strike me as more subtle than Havana and each version is packing a great punch of delicious notes.
    Last edited by kbe; 11th February 2009 at 02:06 AM.