Code of Conduct

Default Hilde Soliani Bell' Antonio

The Perfumed Court description is - A fragrance focused on multi-nuanced aromatic tobacco and dark roasted coffee. Outstanding & extremely well crafted.

Scents that come to mind upon first whiff as I'm sampling this today are Fumidus, Black Tourmaline and the new one from D.S. & Durga know as Burning Barbershop. I happen to enjoy all three that I just mentioned.
    After experiencing Bell'Antonio you realize that the other three are just too smokey and too much burnt wood . There is a sophistication or elevated degree of pedigree you feel when wearing Bell'Antonio. The smokey burnt wood is still prominent, but the tobacco and dark roasted coffee temper the smoke and burnt wood into a more wearable fragrance. During the life of the fragrance there is an interplay between smoke, tobacco and dark coffee - exchanging prominent roles that keeps your interest - never knowing what you'll smell next.

A pleasure to experience and worthy of being high on your sampling wish list if you like this genre of scent.

Default Re: Hilde Soliani Bell' Antonio

Luckyscent now carries this line.

Bell'Antonio an Vecchi Rossetti both sound very nice.
    A little on the pricey side though.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...e_Soliani.html

I have samples coming this weekend of the 2 discussed above and will post my impressions.

Thought I'd bump this one since it's high up on my "to try list. It's this a "mature" smelling fragrance?

Oh its very burnt indeed. One of the most extremes burnt wood opening that i tried!

This fragrance has a wonderful opening note that is an attempt at warm coffee mixed with tobacco. Unlike most tobacco scents it reveals the raw tobacco leaves without mixing it with vanilla, dried fruit or even other woods or leather. Instead of getting dark tar I almost always get dry tobacco leaves pretty much straight up. It is a nice fragrance to smell, but it does not have much development - it stays with dried dark tobacco leaves throughout and is a pleasure to wear in cold weather. In addition, I believe that as the fragrance ages in the bottle the top notes weaken as the juice ages, so the older bottles are mostly dried tobacco leaves without any coffee or other enhancements. Tobacco oil is a very strong odorant chemical and will outlast most other notes blended in.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    This fragrance has a wonderful opening note that is an attempt at warm coffee mixed with tobacco. Unlike most tobacco scents it reveals the raw tobacco leaves without mixing it with vanilla, dried fruit or even other woods or leather. Instead of getting dark tar I almost always get dry tobacco leaves pretty much straight up. It is a nice fragrance to smell, but it does not have much development - it stays with dried dark tobacco leaves throughout and is a pleasure to wear in cold weather. In addition, I believe that as the fragrance ages in the bottle the top notes weaken as the juice ages, so the older bottles are mostly dried tobacco leaves without any coffee or other enhancements. Tobacco oil is a very strong odorant chemical and will outlast most other notes blended in.
    Sounds great. Is this the sort of fragrance you see "dad" wearing, or could a person in their late 20's pull this off?

Haven't tried this one but have tried Stecca and Saaliiisssiimo and didn't like either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Sounds great. Is this the sort of fragrance you see "dad" wearing, or could a person in their late 20's pull this off?
    I got a sample of this from scent-and-sensibility.co.uk. It is quite unique as Buzzlepuff suggests. Strong and tenacious, a pretty straight, realistic coffee plus tobacco. A bit too dark for my taste, however. The sample would last you ages I think and it is worth a test, it is high quality stuff (and should be at the price). I would say it's suitable for all but teenyboppers.

I own Bell'Antonio and also Doolciiisssimo. Unique fragrances but a bit odd. I really like them, especially Bell'Antonio, but have to be in the right frame of mind to wear them.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Thought I'd bump this one since it's high up on my "to try list. It's this a "mature" smelling fragrance?
    If you want old school tobacconist-shop Oriental, try MPG Eau de Isles or vintage Balenciaga PH. This is a very modern, very whimisical take on a gentleman's pipe-snuff scent. I also consider it totally unisex. That said, I love it, and it's on my 'list'.