Code of Conduct

Default I'm looking for a nice woody/floral scent which will stand out from the crowd!

I'm very attracted to Yves Saint Laurent Elle BUT I detect a candy sweet, powdery note which I find wimpy and do not like. So I'm wondering if anyone knows a somewhat similar fragrance which does not have that wimpy sugary note. I really like patchouli and woods, but I don't want to smell trendy (I've noticed that clean patchouli seems in right now).

So basically I'm looking for a woody (or woody floral) fragrance which is not too girly-girl sweet. I don't mind if it smells a little hippyish or unisex. Maybe more woody than floral? A little spicy or herbal? Not too sweet or fruity. And something that would stand out from the crowd.

I hope that made a little bit of sense.

Thanks so much!

(I'm a 21 year old female who wears jeans and T shirts religiously and am into a naturalistic look except for my newfound fragrance obsession)

Default Re: I'm looking for a nice woody/floral scent which will stand out from the crowd!

How about Etra by Etro?

Default Re: I'm looking for a nice woody/floral scent which will stand out from the crowd!

armand basi in red is straight florals with some wood, but smells more like the outdoors than a sugary bouquet. In fact, i cant identify any sweet notes in it at all, which makes me think they used particularly un-sweet smelling flowers. Regardless, its excellent for a woman and very energizing.

How about Eau du Soir-Sisley, Fleurs d'Orlane, or White Linen-Elisabeth Arden. I think they will be flourish your femininity with woody-petlas scents.

I highly recommend:
    Dzongha by L'Artisan
    Bois de Violette by Serge Lutens
    Aromatics Elixir by Clinique (use in small amounts)
    Diorella by Dior

You may also want to try:
    Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes
    Le Maroc pour Elle by Andy Tauer
    Comme de Garcons 3 by Comme de Garcons
    Flower by Kenzo

You should try B Never to Busy to Be Beautiful. It's a vegan line. In fact, if there's anyone out here who has tried it, I'd like some good suggestions, as well!

Parfumerie Generale Iris Taizo, The Different Company Un Parfum Des Sens et Bois. Both of these are magnificent woody florals and are a real standout, IMO. Besides these two I'd also recommend Fleur de Liane and Iris Pallida, both by L'Artisan Parfumeur, and finally, CDG White!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

If patchouli is a wood (I guess it is although it can smell more grassy/herbal than dry/woody) then you might enjoy the patchouli/plummy rose of Voleur de Roses. And I also like Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely, actually. Nice job of using musk/cedar/soft patchouli to give white florals some body. I often sneak a spray when I go to the mall to, you know, do otherwise manly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutecthulu View Post
    You may also want to try:
    Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes
    If you are trying Hermes, I recommend also checking our Un Jardin sur le Nil. That is an excellent woody-floral scent, quite natural and also a bit mysterious and haunting!
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas