Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paris Hilton - Just Me. Your Thoughts?

I really want to smell this fragrance and heard it smells pretty close to Aqua di Gio. Anyone smelt it? What's different about it? Do you recommend, and what type of fragrance is it best for? Can't find it much in department stores so just wanted to ask if anyone has smelt and can give their impressions. Receive any compliments? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Paris Hilton - Just Me. Your Thoughts?

If it follows the trend of other Paris Hilton fragrances you'll be able to find it at TJ Maxx or Marshall's in short order.

The last one in that line I tried was the Paris Hilton For Men which I got a really bad rotten fruit vibe from. And hearing it's similar to AdG ain't exactly setting the bar high over here.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    If it follows the trend of other Paris Hilton fragrances you'll be able to find it at TJ Maxx or Marshall's in short order.

The last one in that line I tried was the Paris Hilton For Men which I got a really bad rotten fruit vibe from. And hearing it's similar to AdG ain't exactly setting the bar high over here.
    I myself found Paris Hilton for Men a great citrus frag for humid/hot weather. A faint amount of spice as well. Smelled fresh and delicious - and the ladies LOVE it. They are obsessed with each of Paris's scents from my experience. And considering they are both easily accessible for near $15 is a steal. Just tell people who ask what scent it is "Ah I don't know it's form an Ex!"
    Last edited by Regis Philbin; 11th February 2009 at 11:44 PM.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

If you're looking for something "similar to AdG" there are copious amounts of other fragrances out there, most of which are better

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

^I was just at Marshall's and they don't have Just Me, but I'll check TJ soon. No Just Me remarks?

I can attest that if it's as well done as For Men, it should be good. Regardless of who makes it - it probably smells nice and ladies will appreciate it. You can get it for real cheap online so it's not going to hurt the bank.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen it to try it yet, sorry. If I see it I'll be sure to sample it for you.

Regis, I haven't seen you in forever.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Just Me is more like Halston Unbound than ADG. Of course, many say that Halston Unbound is an ADG clone.

I've never been partial to ADG and I much prefer Just Me and Unbound. I get good longevity out of Just Me.

I really liked the first scent - Paris Hilton for Men, I liked Just Me, and while I liked Heir too, I was disappointed with its longevity on me.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I will defer to The Guide p.218.

Just Me For Men (Paris Hilton) [one star] sad sack
    Ideal for her sort of guy

With all the great fragrances out there, many of which can be found very inexpensively, there are tons of options that are of significantly better quality. As a goof someone included samples of the PH line in a trade - I rarely throw samples out they are so bad, but I made an exception for PH because I'd be embarrassed to pass them on to anyone.

I've owned just me for many years and it's one of my top romantic frags. It is similar to ADG and Unbound but theres something different that makes it more for that romantic occasion :P
    UK Swap Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for decant swaps

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    7) CHANEL Bleu de Chanel
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) CREED Aventus
    10) COMME des GARÇONS Amazingreen

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I will defer to The Guide p.218.

Just Me For Men (Paris Hilton) [one star] sad sack
    Ideal for her sort of guy
    If Who Weekly and certain videos are to be believed, her sort of guys are often rich and virile. I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it would be possible to make me NOT want to try a fragrance any more than this one.

To not only be associated with Paris Hilton, but also to be compared to Acqua di Gio, is.... Unforgivable. (which brings me to my next point...)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

My gosh reading this whole thread I could not help to see how catty it was...

^ ^
    =*=

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    If Who Weekly and certain videos are to be believed, her sort of guys are often rich and virile. I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing.
    ...and utterly vapid with shallow personalities and purposeless lives. Perhaps this is why the fragrance appeals to some people - they want to emulate to the douchebags they see in the dollar magazines at the grocery checkout.

(who with any intelligence keeps track of who Paris Hilton is dating, anyway?)

Post Thanks / Like

...and utterly vapid with shallow personalities and purposeless lives. Perhaps this is why the fragrance appeals to some people - they want to emulate to the douchebags they see in the dollar magazines at the grocery checkout.

(who with any intelligence keeps track of who Paris Hilton is dating, anyway?)
    Ahh - those poor shallow, purposeless guys - wallowing in their filthy richness and hedonistic sexually wanton lifestyles - I almost feel sorry for them. But I can see that those less well endowed would seek deeper satisfaction on a higher, more spiritual plane.

You have magazines that only cost a dollar in the US?
    They cost at least 5 or $6 over here - I like reading Who Weekly, my plastic surgeon keeps them in his waiting rooms.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 12th February 2009 at 04:26 PM.

ADG clone .point blank. and ADG is so oldschool . I used to adore it now I cant even begin to wear it. tragedy

Post Thanks / Like

By coincidence, quoting myself quoting Turin:
    Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post

from Luca Turin: Celebrity
    ".....It is arguably more common to be rich and obscure than poor and famous, and in any event fame can be converted into money more easily than the other way around: consider what Paris Hilton had to endure to go from stinking rich to stinking famous." (NZZ Zurich, Feb 2 09)

Want to read all of it ?
    Last edited by narcus; 12th February 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vawallpa View Post
    I've owned just me for many years and it's one of my top romantic frags. It is similar to ADG and Unbound but theres something different that makes it more for that romantic occasion :P

Thanks Vawallpa, good description. I heard something like that too. I hope it smells better than the self-titled Paris Hilton, that is too watermelony and too floral.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato_the_dingo
    Ahh - those poor shallow, purposeless guys - wallowing in their filthy richness and hedonistic sexually wanton lifestyles - I almost feel sorry for them. But I can see that those less well endowed would seek deeper satisfaction on a higher, more spiritual plane.
    Is Renato the only gay BN member that's totally preoccupied with whether other people are 'well endowed'? As if Renato's creepy factor couldn't go any higher - it just quadrupled!

I'm a firm believer in Paris Hilton for Men, one of the best fruity fragrances for men out there.

Paris's Just Me for men, on the other hand, is not as good and it lacks a great deal of personality. It could very well may be any other new male fragrance that's being marketed as "for men" right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Just me is not similar to ADG, atleast not in my opinion
    Its very much like Kenneth Cole Black.
    I personaly like Just me but thats Just me

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    Haven't seen it to try it yet, sorry. If I see it I'll be sure to sample it for you.

Regis, I haven't seen you in forever.
    Work and class

I have been lurking the boards though!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw it at Burlington Coat Factory for $18

Post Thanks / Like

Is Renato the only gay BN member that's totally preoccupied with whether other people are 'well endowed'? As if Renato's creepy factor couldn't go any higher - it just quadrupled!
    My my, I have a sneaking suspicion that your distaste for most men's scents, and the love you frequently espouse here for wearing the girliest of women's scents, is clouding your judgement today.

I know that you love wearing women's scents and frequently encourage others here to do so - that is your prerogative. But it does not follow that you have to disparage the opinions of normal guys here wanting normal male scents which may help them to get the normal females that normal guys want. Nor does it follow that that all rich virile guys are "douchebags".

Beats me how you conclude that I - the constant and sometimes lone voice on this site saying that it's okay to be a male who likes wearing male scents - am gay. You may wish to check my wedding photo in the Off Topic Discussion.

I am of the opinion, however, that altering my user name in the manner you have - adding "the dingo" to it - constitutes both a personal attack which is against the Forum rules, and also constitutes your making a false statement - effectively lying to all the readers of this site - as you have posted a quotation from a user name that does not exist, thus deliberately misleading many readers.

By the way, have you actually ever smelled "Just Me" - you don't say that you have, nor do you give any description to indicate that it's ever come across your nostrils. Instead you seem to be saying "I dislike Paris Hilton, therefore, the scent must be bad, and Luca Turin backs me up"

Which strikes me as a fairly nugatory response to the original poster's inquiry.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th February 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    I hope it smells better than the self-titled Paris Hilton, that is too watermelony and too floral.
    I must admit to not being all that impressed with the sharp opening of this scent the several times that I tested it initially. But I bought it cheap, and was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out in the actual wearing. Regardless, Just Me isn't as loud as the first scent.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th February 2009 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you are, behaving like a grown up man is cool.
    Thank you Renato !
    Last edited by narcus; 13th February 2009 at 09:14 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

don't like it , smells cheap