Code of Conduct

Default Creed News I just heard

Well. I walked into Niemen marcus beverly hills today to do something and stopped by the creed counter and the main Creed representative was there traininig a new creed sales person. A few good things came out of this conversation.

1. He let me know that they had found a bottle flacon of Verveine Narcisse and it was the only one in the entire country and i could have it if i wanted to buy it. Of course... I did and this is one of the most amazingly Green Floral scents I have smelled. It has that old Creed /Caron quality in it that you dont find in many of the Creeds today.

2. I remember a post earlier speaking about creed may be releasing a collection-within-the-collection. I asked about this and he in fact stated that this was true. What this will supposedly consist of is approx 5 scents that have been in his vault and have been made for private customers from way back. Basically these scents were made at the request of a customer for private release with some possibly going back up to 50 years ago. This sounds very exciting!! There could be some very unique and antique scents in this new line and they will be released starting sometime this summer. I am not sure if it will be all one time or separate but it sounds exciting. Think of this as you will and nothing is confirmed but we will see what comes out. I am telling what I heard.

3. Lastly... I finally found out what the heck Erolfa stands for.

ER- Erwin (His Son)
    OL - Olivia (His Daughter)
    FA - Farah or something I forgot (His ex wife)

That's what the rep told me.

That's all I have so run with it and we will see what comes this summer!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th February 2009 at 01:28 AM.

Default Re: Creed News I just heard

Oh my! I am so jeleous of the VN. How much did it cost you? And that is real good news about the new scents, really looking forward to them. Sounds like it was a good visit for you, huh?

Interesting.
    Could you describe Vervaine Narcisse in more detail?
    Was their any other theme to the collection within collection, other than previously vaulted, personal scents ?

I have always wanted to try Verveine Narcisse.

I don't understand whats the difference between the current Private Collection and the new collection-within-a-collection.
    -

3 = the name of Creed's yacht.

I paid $340 for it because it was a flacon. The scent starts off green and mossy and with a slight hint of citrus than it goes into a wonderful, sandalwood vanilla scent with an amazing cinnamon background note lingering all the way through. Throughout the entire development there is a really nice floral background note that weaves in an out of the composition that keeps this scent very very interesting.

I am not sure what the difference between the current Private Collection and the new collection-within-a-collection is but this is the basics of what he told me. He said he wasn't allowed to give me too much information on this project but he was able to give me that little tid-bit.

Basenotes Institution

The Verveine Narcisse sounds exquisite - congrat's cairomerta. Previous to this thread, I'd never even heard of it.

What is the English translation for this?

Does it have a narcissus note?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    What is the English translation for this?
    Verbena Narcissus

Are you sure the Neiman Marcus isn't a fake? It should say Neiman on the store front, not Neimen.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 12th February 2009 at 04:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Very cool news, cairomerta. Congrats on a smart purchase. And thanks for sharing that info. Sounds like 2009 is going to be a great year!

Do you have an idea how old is the Verveine Narcisse is?

I don't remember seeing it in the basenotes directory.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Do you have an idea how old is the Verveine Narcisse is?

I don't remember seeing it in the basenotes directory.
    It's there.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120007.html

I rememeber reading stuff about it, when I was researching Feuille Verte. Apparently it was a similar release, very quickly taken off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I am not sure what the difference between the current Private Collection and the new collection-within-a-collection is but this is the basics of what he told me. He said he wasn't allowed to give me too much information on this project but he was able to give me that little tid-bit.
    It seems like they are rotating things in/out of the private collection, but veiling it under different words.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It seems like they are rotating things in/out of the private collection, but veiling it under different words.
    Yep, that seems to be what they are doing. Phasing out the old Private Collection, and slipping these into place.

I swear to god if they discontinue Selection Verte I'm going to just lose it.

Can they at least freakin' wait until I have a salaried job where I can spend a few grand and stock up on a few flacons of this stuff.

I mean, come on. Is nothing sacred?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I swear to god if they discontinue Selection Verte I'm going to just lose it.

Can they at least freakin' wait until I have a salaried job where I can spend a few grand and stock up on a few flacons of this stuff.

I mean, come on. Is nothing sacred?
    Per another thread, they weren't discontinuing the Private Collection items, per se, rather making them available only from the Paris store on special order (send SASE to Olivier Creed and he will ship one out pronto... hahahaha).

Anyway, Selection Verte wasn't on the list.

Actually Selection Verte was one of the ones the Creed rep told me was going to be gone. I even said to him, why the hell would they get rid of Selection verte and he replied, " I have no clue why" Thats what he told me. That pissed me off a bit since I love that one so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Actually Selection Verte was one of the ones the Creed rep told me was going to be gone. I even said to him, why the hell would they get rid of Selection verte and he replied, " I have no clue why" Thats what he told me. That pissed me off a bit since I love that one so damn much.
    That's interesting, because the list on the other thread was different (see: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ighlight=creed).

Here is an extract letter from Creed on that thread:

Dear Mr. ********:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in CREED.

At more than four dozen fragrances, CREED is the largest luxury fragrance line. To make room for new items, particularly a new women's fragrance in 2009 as well as the debut of the first in what will be a unique collection-within-the-collection plus a new fragrance for CREED's 250th anniversary in 2010, several existing fragrances will henceforth only be available by contacting CREED directly in Paris; they will no longer be available to the public in stores. Angelique Encens, Aubepine Acacia, Cuir de Russie, Cypres Musc and Vintage Tabarome from the Private Collection can be obtained, going forward, by special request sent to Mr. Olivier CREED at CREED, 38, Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, 75008, Paris. Like all CREED fragrances, the formulae and a quantity of the fragrances themselves will be kept in the vault beneath the Paris boutique at that address.

We are sorry your favorite is affected by this change, but we hope this note is informative.

Please let me know if we may be of assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Client Services – CREED North America

So... it appears different stories are being told.

Yes, Selection Verte and Fleur de the Rose Bulgarie have not been discontinued (imo the two most contemporary of the former private collection).

I assume Olivier and Erwin checked their catalog of formerly personal scents, and are pulling up several of the more contemporary, as well as some more unique and interesting scents.

The teams bringin' in ringers!

I'm going to have to go to France and talk to these people in person. I'm not one to tolerate dismissive answers and elusive customer service.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 13th February 2009 at 03:01 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thanks You for this very interesting post and the info.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I'm going to have to go to France and talk to these people in person. I'm not one to tolerate dismissive answers and elusive customer service.
    Straighten them out about Feuille Verte while your at it!

Cypres-Musc? Nooooooooooo!

Okay, folks... here's the official beginning of my, 'What's similar to Cypres-Musc' quest.

I wonder how many "last bottles" of Verveine Narcisse are in the country. I just bought a flacon of the same from Neiman Marcus here in Tampa, and my SA told me also that it was the "last bottle in the country". The price was also a bit different - the SA told me that because the bottle was from before they changed the prices for the private collection, this bottle was only $280.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade13 View Post
    I wonder how many "last bottles" of Verveine Narcisse are in the country. I just bought a flacon of the same from Neiman Marcus here in Tampa, and my SA told me also that it was the "last bottle in the country". The price was also a bit different - the SA told me that because the bottle was from before they changed the prices for the private collection, this bottle was only $280.
    Just more shady marketing tactics from a smoke and mirrors company with excellent marketing.

Fragrance lines are discontinued because of low sales - It's all about dollars and cents.

They do snobbish appeal like no other

Congrats on the cool find, and thanks for the Creed inside scoop ...

bumping this thread because I was just able to find a flacon of Verveine Narcisse at a Neiman Marcus. I found it while on vacation so I had them ship it to me. I also got a flacon of Royal Scottish Lavender! Really excited about these finds.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    bumping this thread because I was just able to find a flacon of Verveine Narcisse at a Neiman Marcus. I found it while on vacation so I had them ship it to me. I also got a flacon of Royal Scottish Lavender! Really excited about these finds.
    Enjoy them, especially the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post

Yes, good catch with the Royal Scottish Lavender -- I was able to track down a bottle very recently, but it is going to get harder and harder each day...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche