Code of Conduct

Default F pour homme by Ferragamo

What do you guys think of this one? I bought a bottle 4 months ago, but i can`t decide if i will keep it, or give it away as a present. The box is still sealed. I think it`s a nice scent in the same league as Kenzo Power.. Do you think it`s best for casual use, or is it also weareble for more formal occations and nightlife with a suit and tie? (has enyone tryed the "Black" version?)
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 12th February 2009 at 08:30 PM.

Default Re: F pour homme by Ferragamo

I have always thought F came across as a weaker version of Terre d"Hermes...if you already have TdH then sure give it away. If not, it's not a bad substitute.

Never tried the black version, I did not know there was a black version...
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

It was a bit subtle for my taste, kind of like Bvlgari PH is on me.
    It never hurts to have a subtle scent for the occasional time one wants to emit a subtle odour e.g. in some office environments.
    It's wearable any time, though people tend to go for louder scents at night clubs.
    Renato

F is really nice. Yes it's like Terre d'Hermes but it doesn't have the bitter orange peel feel to it. Still is earthy and peppery with the typical amber woods.

I read about F Black on the Now Smell This blog and was intrigued. I think it's another exclusive to x-store fragrance.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Depending on your tastes, it's either a weak, watery Terre d'Hermes or a toned-down, wearable Terre.

I often wear it to work with a suit and tie, and use it for casual wear as well. Not certain if I would use it for a night on the town though - I would want something louder. That said, I consider it to be one of my most versatile scents.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    I have always thought F came across as a weaker version of Terre d"Hermes...if you already have TdH then sure give it away. If not, it's not a bad substitute.

Never tried the black version, I did not know there was a black version...

Ok. Thank you. I already have Terre, so i think this will be a gift to my brother!

This was another blind buy,not a really succesful one,but hey,it was just 10 Euros...
    Fresh scent,not too strong and the similarities to Terre D' Hermes are not apparent,at least after a couple of wearings.The lasting power is just average.An elegant and rather well made item,but every other launch from Ferragamo I have tried (Pour Homme,Incanto,Subtil) had more character.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I recently bought F pour Homme Black.

It is a subtle yet intense (not too) sweet and spicy scent. I really love the drydown of this frag which (perhaps sub-conciously) reminds me of Tuscan Leather. I love powerhouses, but this frag is neither a powerhouse nor sillage bomb. However, as mentioned earlier, it has gravitas and is one of the frags i smell on myself all the time of the day. I recommend the Black version unreservedly.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Last edited by perfaddict; 24th June 2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: duplicated
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The regular F kinda goes flat right after the heart notes. But its decent and great for the office. I find it slightly similar to TdH only in the top notes. I prefer TdH over this anytime. The Black version smells similar to YSL's La Nuit L'Homme to me.

Finally tried the black version a few months ago. Nothing like the regular version. Not a very black (read dark) scent either. They could have called it something else. It is kinda weak and subtle as well. Good for those days you need to not be that 'cologneguy' I guess.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I haven't tried F yet (and probably won't, because I dislike TdH), but I gave SFpH a full wearing last night and was surprised at how enjoyable it is. From the BN reviews, I feared that it would be synthetic, clove-dominated, and too sweet, yet I found the balance to be excellent, with hardly any clove and not very sweet at all. It's a frag I would wear at any public event and also be able to enjoy.