Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Tattoo or Kouros Fraicheur?

I'm thinking of getting either one or the other. Which one do you recommend? Does one have been sillage/longevity or notes that the other one doesn't have?

After reading the reviews they both seemed pretty similar to me....

Default Re: Kouros Tattoo or Kouros Fraicheur?

That's my conclusion too...they are very similar. I would probably go with the Fraichur as it seems harder to find and I think will continue to be more scarce...
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Which one of the two do you think has better longevity?

I would just get Tattoo because of the cool bottle, but if there is a major difference between the two then I might get the Fraicheur...
    Last edited by nalgreen05; 13th February 2009 at 09:27 AM.

I used to own Fraicheur. It's really Kouros without the civet note. Longevity still is magnificent. It will outlast you on a day without a shower.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 13th February 2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    It's really Kouros without the civet note.
    Could you elaborate on "Kouros without the civet note"? I've done my research here on BN, and I am still completely vexed by what the Fraicheur might smell like. This is most likely going to be a blind buy (if I can find it) just to satisfy my curiosity.

Kouros minus the 'dirtiness' or slight 'urine' note that some people smell.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by nalgreen05 View Post
    Which one of the two do you think has better longevity?

I would just get Tattoo because of the cool bottle, but if there is a major difference between the two then I might get the Fraicheur...
    I think the Fraicheur is stronger...the Tattoo is a Tonic, which are usually lighter in concentration.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Some people don't like the flankers of Kouros because it lacks the punch in the face of the regular version, and that punch is delivered via the civet note. For me I tihnk the flankers are great. It's not all the time that one needs to "reach out and touch someone" via your cologne.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Ok cool, I think I'll go with the Fraicheur then. Thanks for all of the replies

I can't find Fraicheur available anywhere. Do they still make it?

Don't know if it is still in production, but you can find it on eBay every once in a while, and Yahoo shop will reveal a few retailers that sell the 50mL for about $40.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I have both of them (and almost all of the Kouros flankers). If you had to get one right now, I'd say get Fraicheur-- only because it's becoming harder and harder to find. Fraicheur is nice stuff, but it has a bit of the "dated" vibe of the original Kouros, while the Tattoo edition is updated to be more modern. Again, both are really amazing.

Fraicheur has a nice vetiver note that really comes out in the drydown. It's just a little less dirty and funky than the original Kouros. Tattoo is probably my favorite of the whole Kouros line in terms of walking the line between wearability and having the "spirit of Kouros." Tattoo is extremely uplifting and clean smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I have both of them (and almost all of the Kouros flankers)...
    Do you happen to have Eau de Sport? I have been wanting to compare it with Cologne Sport. There is also an extremely rare and impossible to find Plain Air body splash version...
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Also, does anyone know if Tattoo is available in a smaller size than the 3.3oz? The 3.3 is all I can find online...

Quote Originally Posted by nalgreen05 View Post
    Also, does anyone know if Tattoo is available in a smaller size than the 3.3oz? The 3.3 is all I can find online...
    I am almost positive that 3.3 oz is the only size.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    Do you happen to have Eau de Sport? I have been wanting to compare it with Cologne Sport. There is also an extremely rare and impossible to find Plain Air body splash version...
    No. I really wish I could find a bottle. Definitely rare stuff.

To Nalgreen05, I think the 3.3 oz bottle of Kouros Tattoo is the only size. However, this one is so good in my opinion, that you may wear it often enough to justify. I'm not a big fan of the aquatic note, calone, but the way it's introduced into this version of Kouros-- it's beyond incredible.

After reading all the reviews I think I'm gonna get both lol. I might need to try the cologne sport as well. Is the Cologne Sport different enough from the two to justify a purchase?

I own both the regular and the fraicheur kouros. I think both are great in their own ways. fraicheur is more office-friendly... make no mistake, it still has the signature civet note, albeit toned down. Coupled with the more prominent top notes, it is a scent that most people can accept. One of those few "fresh" verisons which i actually like (given the fact that i like my perfumes strong)... as u can imagine since i am 40 this year and my first contact with perfumes were the wonderful and decadent 80s powerhouses...

Kouros Fraicheur

I already have Kouros Fraicheur. Should I get Tattoo as well?