Code of Conduct

Default Armani Diamonds --- thoughts?

Just thought I'd gather some opinions on this fragrance. I've never really been a fan of any of the Armani fragrances.....with Armani He being the best of the worst, in my opinion. My fiance brought home a sample of Armani Diamonds from Sephora the other day and said that she liked it, so I agreed to try it out.

Now, I can see where some people would like it, but I'm still debating whether I do or not.

The truth is, I should like it. Armani Diamonds has a top-note that is a perfect, and I mean EXACT, clone of the top notes in Hugo ( Green Box ). Then the fruity/sheer musk mid/base is a pretty good match for Diesel Fuel for Life. So, basically if you combined Hugo and Fuel for Life, you'd have Diamonds. Considering the fact that I used to own Hugo and now own Fuel for Life, you would think that I would like Diamonds, but, for some reason, I'm still on the fence.

My only other concern is that not only is this the only fragrance that I've seen advertised on TV in a long time( the stupid commercials with Josh Hartnett ), but I see the damn commercial at least two or three times per day on different commercials. The scent is pretty easy to wear, and with that marketing campaign, I would really hate to buy this and then end up smelling it on every retarded frat-boy, mid-life crisis 40-something, and gas station attendant that I come across.

Anybody else have thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Wish the Armani empire would spontaneously combust?

Jester
    Last edited by Jestersinthemoon; 17th October 2008 at 03:27 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Default Re: Armani Diamonds --- thoughts?

I love it. It's a fruity version of Cartier's Declaration.

Jester, I'm actually an Armani fan. I've worn Emporio He and Mania. I profess Mania to be favorite and even wear it to this day because how it smells on my skin and the reaction I get. I tried Diamonds..and even discussed it with one of their sales people.. and wasn't a big fan. I didn't get a Hugo initial burst though I got a CK Man or harsher, spicy kick. That was fine but after that it lost me and it really did nothing special on my skin after that. So it isn't bad but I didn't feel the need to buy it. I guarantee I'll revisit it but as of right now it is off my radar.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 17th October 2008 at 03:32 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Pleasant but non-distinctive. Low projection and doesn't last particularly long on the skin, either. I suppose it's good to have one of the male-08 designer releases, though you probably don't need more than one. I chose Infusion d'Homme as my one, though I'm considering buying the 30ml DSquared2 He Wood.

hey steven,

but do you think it will end up being as overused and nauseatingly ubiquitous as some other Armani fragrances?
    Last edited by Jestersinthemoon; 17th October 2008 at 05:38 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Tried it on my wrist today, nothing special, i would even call it boring.
    I'm sure the 14-18 year old highschool boys will love it though.
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

Really like this one. I think it is a great thick and heavy scent that also comes through clean and bright.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I'm doing a follow up because I went intio Ulta, loaded up a card with it and have been smelling it. I like it much more now. I stand by my initial assessment that the beginning has a CK Man/Tommy Bahama..which I like..or a spicy, strong initial burst. I'm not getting sweet as many are though. There is a little there but it is more fallish/winter spicy still and I like that since I'm a London fan. Nice.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 17th October 2008 at 07:12 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersinthemoon View Post
    hey steven,

but do you think it will end up being as overused and nauseatingly ubiquitous as some other Armani fragrances?
    If I could predict that, I'd be in the perfume industry instead of making signs for a living.

I like it, I agree it is similar to fuel for life which i also have.

It smells surprisingly like a girl fragrance to me. And not a classy girl, a loud one, with too much make-up and all. Fake fruit overload.

In a perfect world, Armani Privé would be Armani's mainstream scents, oh well.

It's sicky and boring sweet, with a very poor longervity. Besides, the bottle is ugly.

I think everybody should have a sparkling citrus / transparent woods fragrance like a Diamonds for Men. Here in the humid southern U.S. bottles of this kind of juice comes recommended as part of the summer survival program.

The only problem is deciding what subtle variations of this kind of thing you want to have - there are so many choices of this type. Diamonds FM is good! But with subtle variations in notes you end up with the same thing a clean, aquatic transparency. You can get an almost same effect from Ice*Men, Versace pour Homme, Bulgari Aqua, Stetson All American, A&F Fierce, and Azzaro Chrome is still pretty good too. At least Diamonds for Men has a great bottle, and it is not blue! My favs though are Ice*Men and Versace pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I think everybody should have a sparkling citrus / transparent woods fragrance like a Diamonds for Men. Here in the humid southern U.S. bottles of this kind of juice comes recommended as part of the summer survival program.

The only problem is deciding what subtle variations of this kind of thing you want to have - there are so many choices of this type. Diamonds FM is good! But with subtle variations in notes you end up with the same thing a clean, aquatic transparency. You can get an almost same effect from Ice*Men, Versace pour Homme, Bulgari Aqua, Stetson All American, A&F Fierce, and Azzaro Chrome is still pretty good too. At least Diamonds for Men has a great bottle, and it is not blue! My favs though are Ice*Men and Versace pour Homme.
    Ice*Men is great...in the heat it is so nice. I never thought I could do Patchouli in high temps but this one is so unique and different from the usual frags I wear in the heat...a nice addition to my warm weather line up.

I quite like it! i got a gift set from the bff for xmas and although I rarely wear it , when I do its superb. A little chocolatey. Hahahaha and the shower gel actually smell better than the fragrance. I think all the Emporios are grand. HE was actually one of the very first fragrances I wore back in highschool. Holds a soft spot in my heart.
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 4th May 2009 at 07:15 PM.

I have a bottle of Diamonds. Pleasent smell, decent sillage, longevity sucks though. Only thing missing IMO.

A cubic zirconia of scents...

I Love this fragrance....and so does my Wife.....Gary

I agree with KMF, it is generic and synthetic smelling.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

the smell is good but abit common