Code of Conduct

Default Aramis Classic Reserve - my .02 scents...

Aramis Classic Reserve is a must have for anyone who admires the original. Classic Reserve is sort of a celebration which keeps the key accords of the original alive with a twist.

CR is not as dense as it's predecessor, it's more transparent and dare i say, very gourmandish in it's opening. Classic Reserve is like opening a can of your favorite cinnamonic/orange flavored drink with that tinge of metallic taste to it with a powerful twist of oriental notes.. it takes a while before this accord melts into lovely notes of Juniper berry (not nearly as good as Creed Baie de Genievre). This scent stays very close to skin after an hour or so with a deft touch leather over amber and mild incense and that odd metallic accord fleeting in a distance (the metallic accord is very similar to the one in Lagerfeld classic.)

This is a very good alternative for someone who feels the original is quite loud. Classic Reserve is quite refined, has toned down the intensity and makes it more wearable in todays time. would smell precious on formals and leaves a trial which is anything but pure class. need to apply it liberally if you would like it to linger whole day..6-7 sprays maybe.. one other thing..the spritzer is pretty good, sprays a very lovely mist
    Last edited by jenson; 13th February 2009 at 04:11 PM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Aramis Classic Reserve - my .02 scents...

Very nice description Jen.

Nice description.

I always thought of Cabochard as a subdued version of Aramis. Wonder how this new version would compared to what was originally intended as a female perfume, being today a perfectly unisex fragrance due to changes in usage and attitudes towards fragrances.

Basenotes Institution

Want. To. Smell.

Blog Entries

PM me if somebody is interested in buying it. I see one online. The price isn't that attractive, however ($60 plus shipping).
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I love this fragrance and promoted it to the best of my meager abilities on these boards when it was actually available in New York. Now I think it is well and truly gone. Saks did a terrible job with it, casting it into the commercial Purdah on the bottom shelf in the Aramis section next to the deodorants. I bought one, and a few others did too, but one day there were many bottles, and a week later none. To add to the ignominy, when I asked the feckless hired worker about it she gave no indication that she had any idea what I was talking about, and if I had to have Aramis they had plenty of the regular stuff. Amazing. Maybe it's at Bloomingdale's, I don't know.

Anyway, I agree with Jenson's excellent commentary, and hope that others will find it somewhere.

Thanx a ton for your sharing your thoughts folks btw, is this being discontinued or some like that...?

Basenotes Institution

As Joe_Frances said, when this came out we discussed it and lusted after it on these threads:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1198467
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1254461
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1319930

Strangely, just like he said, when I went to Sak's they knew nothing at all about it. It was like...what Classic Reserve?! I felt like an idiot. I remember even trying to find an Aramis website (which I never did end up finding) for more information about it, but the only information I have about it is from other Basenotes.

Aramis and Saks totally sucked on this one. Polo Modern Reserve showed how you're really supposed to handle a flanker of a classic masculine.

Which sucks, since ACR sounds like a great scent and the bottle is way cooler than PMR.

the bottle..swear.. it's one big chunk..i feel as if i'm holding a grenade or some...the cap and spritzer too feel like some bullet..

as for the scent, it's pretty decent. nothin that would make you say the original sucks. at the same time, this one holds it's own unique character which i appreciate and enjoy a lot. overall, a great buy from fellow bner, Manuel.

I found my bottles at a small perfume outlet in Los Angeles. They keep it shoved behind the boxes of the 'standard' Aramis; I'm guessing this is because when folks come in looking to buy Aramis, they're looking for the box & bottle that they recognize -totally unaware of a "classic reserve" release.
    It is one of my favorites. The bottle design almost mimics the scent: the Aramis we all know and love, but ambery and wrapped in soft leather.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it Jenson! I got your PM

Being a fan of the original, I just got this on ebay - I can't wait for it to arrive.

Is the Classic Reserve the same as the Classic Edition (wrapped in leather)? I tried both over the course of a week and to my nose they were very close if not identical. Lauder has no info one on either on their very poor website.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Is the Classic Reserve the same as the Classic Edition (wrapped in leather)? I tried both over the course of a week and to my nose they were very close if not identical. Lauder has no info one on either on their very poor website.
    No they are different.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

hmm.... the more I read, the more confused I am. The top picture Jenson attached looks like the bottle is encased in leather... shouldn't this be the Classic Edition instead of Classic Reserve???

What a gem I have missed. Last week I had a chance to get this for $34 but was reluctant at first, when I returned to the shop the next day the 3 bottles I had seen were gone. The SA sprayed it on the card for me and I didn't find it far from the original. When I got home I could not stop sniffing the card. I could tell then that it was more modern than the original scent.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    hmm.... the more I read, the more confused I am. The top picture Jenson attached looks like the bottle is encased in leather... shouldn't this be the Classic Edition instead of Classic Reserve???
    It certainly looks like the picture above is indeed Classic Edition rather than Classic Reserve.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    It certainly looks like the picture above is indeed Classic Edition rather than Classic Reserve.
    I agree and apologize for the confusion. i was sold the same by tellign it was the Classic reserve. didnt know it was the classic edition.

Where can i find it

Estee lauder outlets store called Cosmetics company store. They're all over the US. I would suggest doing a Google search for the nearest one near you.

I went to that cosmetic company place in my town, and all I found was the Classic Edition....The one with the leather band.
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 2nd May 2009 at 06:24 AM.