Code of Conduct

Thread: I have a crush

Default I have a crush

Remember when you were 11 and had a crush on.... well, I'm in my 40's so for me it was David Cassidy, but you can insert appropriate teen idol here. You didn't know them. But you loved them.

I have a crush on Enzo Galardi. I've been sampling his fragrances. I haven't liked them all, but I have appreciated every single one. Everything he makes has a freshness that makes me think of the chef's who grow their own herbs and go to fish market's at 2AM and plan their menu's daily.

Some of his fragrances make me swoon. Odori Zafferano is a new take on Saffron in Perfume for me. (Granted my experience is limited.)
    Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang explains to me why orientals are good.
    And Gli Odori is weird and dirty and edible and I'm shocked to have fallen so deeply in love with it.

I have a crush on Enzo Galardi. I want to send him fan mail.
    Last edited by debbborra; 14th February 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Default Re: I have a crush

That's nice that you have a crush! That makes life seem special.
    I WANTED to have a crush on Gli Odori. The descriptions and ingredients sounded herbal, "garrigue" and perfect for me. My meeting with G.O. was like a terrible blind date -- not at all what I expected. The cumin note dominated on my male skin and wiped out all other notes.
    I am awaiting my next crush, wish me luck!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Have you seen a picture of Enzo Galardi? To have a crush on someone without seeing his face or hearing his voice is a rare thing. Cherish it!

I had my first fan-crush relatively late, at age 20, when I discovered Nick Cave. I'm still a fan. Now that I've discovered perfume, I imagine him wearing Yatagan (especially when I hear his version of "Stagger Lee").

Funny you should mention David Cassidy! When I was a young girl he and Donny Osmond were my crushes! Then my daughter went through the crush thing with Hanson and The Backstreet Boys! What great memories...playing those records and singing along...TigerBeat...bedroom posters...TV specials...really great memories! The only crush I have today is the husband! He still puts a twinkle in my eye after 21 years married. My heart melts when he's interacting with either our son or daughter. There's something very special and tender that comes to his surface when he's with them. Makes me fall in love with him all over again. Sigh...well, it IS Valentines day!

Odysseusm-- Here's a Valentine wish for a new crush and a more successful outcome!

My teenage crush was a bad guy on The Young and the Restless. The character was Michael Balwin. The actor was Christian LeBlanc. I bought ridiculous amounts of soap magazines trying to find the ever-elusive picture of him. I think I ended up with two or three. I was 13 and I wanted to marry the guy. And act in soaps with him. He was off the show for a lot of years, but has recently returned, but baby, it just ain't the same!

Talking Re: I have a crush

Many crushes...
    Non-Perfume: George, Paul, Ringo, John in that order; Mick and Keith; Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; David Byrne; Jack White, Neko Case, David Bowie, The Secret Machines (all of them!)...I could go on and on. And age has nothing to do with it. I'm pushing 50!
    Perfume: Francis Kurkdjian, Ayala Moriel. I find that they both create perfumes that for me are completely swoon-worthy.

Lizzie, Right there with you on Kurkdjian. And I've seen -his- picture. Oh my!

I love to hear you say your husband is your crush, Ubuandibeme. It's charming and makes one feel good.

Sunny - I was always an AMC fan, so I missed Michael Baldwin. Cute huh?

Cutecthulu - have you read And the Ass Saw the Angel? I did see a small picture of him. It's not a glamor shot. I can't tell if he's good looking, but he looked happy and sweet.

Odysseusm - It has a really strong cumin note on me too. It smells sweaty and dirty. I'm shocked that I like it. If someone described it to me, I'd be positive to avoid it. But I fell in love.

As a teenager, I had a major crush on Kate Bush . Perfume-related crush would be Lorenzo Villoresi. For hot sweaty sex I definitely prefer my wife . Happy Valentine's Day y'all .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

My big crush growing up was Mark Lindsay, the lead singer of Paul Revere and the Raiders. Remember that song Hungry? Remember the white leotards?
    Erwin Creed is my fragrance crush, you have to admit he's a beauty.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 15th February 2009 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Erwin Creed is my fragrance crush, you have to admit he's a beauty.
    Dude! Oh my! Oh wait, he's about twenty years younger than I. I feel like I should be arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Dude! Oh my! Oh wait, he's about twenty years younger than I. I feel like I should be arrested!
    I'm 49, so do I get a Go To Jail card, too?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 14th February 2009 at 10:05 PM.

You do. If they put you in the cell next to mine we can tap dirty messages on the wall though.

First celeb crush was David Bowie when I was 14. Last one was David Duchovny (sigh).
    Perfume crush... Luca Turin because of his witty style and great taste :-))))

John Lennon, Mick, Bryan Ferry. But really, always Mick. It has been 44 years since I first stood outside his hotel in New York, screaming. I am a little embarrassed, but I think that I have good taste.

Perfume crush?
    Edmond Roudnitska. He is long gone, but his aesthetic vision will be eternal.

I suppose this qualifies as a perfume crush,
    but, Pierre Guillaume can do no wrong
    I love all PG scents!

My hubby is the only real crush I've ever had.
    The moment I saw him I knew he was THE ONE
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Fun thread. I haven't been one for celebrity crushes, but there IS something about Kevin Spacey and Donald Sutherland that I've always found to be sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie Day View Post
    ...Perfume crush... Luca Turin because of his witty style and great taste :-))))
    Hey! I'm with you on that, Frenchie Day! He's handsome, too! My other perfume crush is Bertrand Duchaufour. I love him for his mind. Really!

[QUOTE=debbborra;1434894]Sunny - I was always an AMC fan, so I missed Michael Baldwin. Cute huh?QUOTE]

Umm, yeah!! Dark, brooding, disturbed, and very, very bad. He was always on the top ten worst soap villains lists. They brought him back in the early 2000s as a reformed guy, and in storylines with characters I didn't like, so I didn't care much. The whole thing just didn't work. AMC was on at the same time Days was in my neck of the woods, and I watched Days. The whole Bo & Billie, Carrie & Austin thing, you know...
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 15th February 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Fragrance: Maurice Roucel. I have no idea what he looks like, but it doesn't matter. His style is consistently strong and celebratory of non-wallflower women. (I think he'd like me, too!)

Other: Too numerous to mention, but David Cassidy was among them; he had great hair.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    Fragrance: Maurice Roucel. I have no idea what he looks like, but it doesn't matter. His style is consistently strong and celebratory of non-wallflower women. (I think he'd like me, too!)

Other: Too numerous to mention, but David Cassidy was among them; he had great hair.
    ah, you beat me to it, I was going to say Maurice, also
    especially when I read his interview when he referred to making perfume with making a baby...

and yeah, I had the David Cassidy thing, too... and each of the Monkees, one after the other Davy, Micky, Mike and Peter...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache