Code of Conduct

Default Overwhelmed by choices! Please give me a push in the right direction...

My sister got me hooked on this niche fragrance thing after spending an evening sniffing all of her vials!

I seem to be very keen on musk, amber, cardamom, and bergamot...and would not be surprised if I liked leather, too, as I am an equestrian and have spent nearly all my life around horses (that explains the musk!) and leather. I am overwhelmed at the many choices out there, so I thought some of you here might have some suggestions for me so I'm not buying completely blind!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you all might provide...

Default Re: Overwhelmed by choices! Please give me a push in the right direction...

In the spirit of the day and my declaration of ever-lasting love for Mr. Galardi (in another thread) I suggest Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang and Odori Curio.

Default Re: Overwhelmed by choices! Please give me a push in the right direction...

I'd recommend going to luckyscent.com for samples at a good price and from nice people with a flare for customer service. You might want to try Reve en Cuir and C16 from Indult. As a follow up to debbborra's declaration of love for Mr. Galardi, I'll declare my extreme crush on Francis "sugarlips" Kurkdjian.

First think of perfumes you already know and liked.

Look up their names in this fragrance directory:

http://www.fragrancedirectory.info/u...6E643D74727565

See if you there's anything in common re their fragrance family.

Eg I know a girl whose perfumes are almost all in the Floral - Fresh - Citrus Fruity category.

As a horse lover, you should check out Dzing! by L'Artisan, which a lot of people say smells like horses. It has definite notes of leather, hay and even dung. If you like leather, you should also try Azuree by Estee Lauder, Cuir by Lancome and Chanel's Cuir de Russie.

Since you like a lot of oriental-type scents (musk, amber, spices) you should try the Serge Lutens line, which has many good orientals. Start with Ambre Sultan, Arabie and Chergui.

Great choices from more mainstream lines include:
    Dune by Dior
    Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain
    Bandit by Robert Piguet
    Angel by Thierry Mugler
    Stetson
    Black Cashmere by Donna Karan
    Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

That's just to get you started. Have fun!