Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme vs. FUBU Plush for men.

I wrote up a fairly long post for another thread, but when I went to post, it was closed so I'll post it below:

"Let me talk about iris for a moment. I haven't tried the Dior, but I do have FUBU Plush (for men), which features strong Orris, which I've assumed is basically the same. It's very "powdery." What's interesting about FB is that I like the smell of it quite a lot, but it just lays there for hours, and after a while the sweetness and powdery qualities start to grate on me. I'd be curious to know if the Dior had the same effect on me (with my skin chemistry, some notes seem to just lay there for hours, whereas for others there seems to be better development), and I'd suggest to those who want to say that a newbie nose can't understand a frag to explain what you mean, such as I just did with FB. However, as I said in the other post, we can't know what all the factors are when someone else samples a frag, where or not he is a newbie."

So, I'm wondering whether anyone has sampled the 2 frags in question, what he/she thinks about them, and also about other frags that have this prominent quality in general. Does this powdery quality have a tendency to lie around doing nothing, is it me, or is FUBU Plush just too cheaply made? Thanks.,

Default Re: Dior Homme vs. FUBU Plush for men.

I have Dior Homme and Prada Infusion D'Homme. Before I sampled it enough times, I could have absolutely sworn that Infusion D'Homme was a dead-ringer for Dior Homme. This was because of the iris I was noticing. Now that I own a bottle, I now notice more of the neroli in Infusion D'Homme but I still find them similar.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Is the question whether or not FUBU is like Dior Homme because it contains orris/powdery notes? Since there are many, many fragrances with powdery notes, I think you'd need to know a lot more about FUBU's notes before one could make a comparison. Any comments I made regarding understanding Dior Homme were taken grossly out of context, which I need not explain here.

The note pyramid for FB in the BN directory is accurate, if that helps.

I have Dior Homme. I don't really know what to say, but this is by far the best complete, unique, and male perfume I smelled so far. There's no note in it that could be worse or better. The leather really attracks me.

I wrote a review about this perfume, you might like to read:
    http://www.fragrancethis.com/?p=9

Hope you might get a better idea of this perfume.

Justin: That's the thing about FB. It has great notes, they are all "in place," and yet there is a lack of dynamism. It's like a thick paste that just lies there, and eventually becomes irritating. From my experience, Guerlain produces the most dynamic ones, in general. I like the notes in FB better than the notes in Shalimar Light, for example, yet SL has great dynamism that makes up for it and provides hours of olfactory pleasure. I was wondering if these powdery frags tend to lack dynamism.