Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these Caron fragrances do you consider a masterpiece

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eau de Cologne

0 0%
  • Impact Pour un Homme

4 6.35%
  • Pour un Homme

31 49.21%
  • Eau Fraiche

0 0%
  • Eau Pure

0 0%
  • Eau de Caron Forte

0 0%
  • L'Anarchiste

18 28.57%
  • Les Plus Belles Lavandes

2 3.17%
  • Third Man

38 60.32%
  • Royal Bain

2 3.17%
  • Yatagan

37 58.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Poll: Your Thoughts on Caron Men's Fragrances

Which (if any) of the Caron fragrances would you consider a masterpiece (current lineup only)

Default Re: Poll: Your Thoughts on Caron Men's Fragrances

i haven't tried them all, so I'm not exactly sure if they're 'masterpieces'. (also, Eau de Reglisse is marketed as unisex, and it's quite nice). I've been working my way through the feminine-marketed fragrances and many of them are quite unisex. En Avion is a great leather fragrance, as is Tabac Blond. Parfum Sacre is good, but light. I'm looking forward to trying Poivre, Nuit de Noel, and Oe'r de Or.

Fortunately I could click multiple choices. Maybe that makes my vote easier since I don't decide which of the four is greater than the other three, but deep in my soul I think Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man, and L'Anarchiste are masterpieces. If I had to pick one of them it would be Yatagan.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Fortunately I could click multiple choices.
    Perfectly fine; that's what I wanted. If you think that all of those you've tried are a masterpiece, then vote for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Fortunately I could click multiple choices. Maybe that makes my vote easier since I don't decide which of the four is greater than the other three, but deep in my soul I think Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man, and L'Anarchiste are masterpieces. If I had to pick one of them it would be Yatagan.
    Sums it up for me, but I would like to say all of the aformentioned are masterpieces. IMO

DITTO
    Last edited by richard d; 21st February 2009 at 12:23 AM.

I agree with DustB on the four, but my all time favorite is Pour un Homme.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Pour un Homme, The Third Man and Yatagan would be my top three choices.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I've only experienced Third Man, on MY man, and I consider it a masterpiece.
    I'll have to sample some of the others.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I voted a while ago, but since I've seen the most recent results, I've got to say that L'Anarchiste deserves some more serious consideration. At first, I didn't buy this one, but it wasn't until I bought a bottle and used it for a while, that I realized how great this one is. Orange, musk, camphor. NICE. This one and Yatagan will always be in my wardrobe.

Post Re: Poll: Your Thoughts on Caron Men's Fragrances

I don't feel qualified to vote, as I have only tried Pour un Homme, The Third Man, and Yatagan--frankly, I had never even heard of some of the others. Must do better...

Perhaps I am not knowledgeable enough to appreciate Pour un Homme just yet but I proudly own The Third Man, and I might get Yatagan just to wear for rugby practice and games.
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 17th February 2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I agree with DustB on the four, but my all time favorite is Pour un Homme.
    I agree!

I have tried only three and I think all are superb, simply amazing, I think Caron is my favorite house.
    L Anarchiste is the one that I consider a "visionary" fragrance, people simply love it, there is not a single time I wear it and I get comments that lead to a nice conversation on fragrances.
    Yatagan is also perfect, I admire it, it is so..... balanced. Complex yet easy to wear.
    Third man is perhaps the less exotic but the more elegant of the 3 I have, lovely, masculine, inviting.
    If I have to keep only one it will be.... L Anachiste
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

If I can pick only one it would be third man, otherwise third man and lŽanarchiste.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

The Third Man. An inspired fragrance.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

None of them. They're rough to my nose, like wearing a homespun cassock dating back to the dark ages. Perhaps revered, but nevertheless ever so damn rough.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I agree with KBE, and out of these, Pour Un Homme wins...... Great house, though, all around.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Agreed. They're best offering from Caron for men. I won't argue which one is better than others, though.

Anyway, if possible, my pick would be Tabac Blond. Too bad they are for women, though men can wear it with no problems(For ie: me ).

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    i haven't tried them all, so I'm not exactly sure if they're 'masterpieces'. (also, Eau de Reglisse is marketed as unisex, and it's quite nice). I've been working my way through the feminine-marketed fragrances and many of them are quite unisex. En Avion is a great leather fragrance, as is Tabac Blond. Parfum Sacre is good, but light. I'm looking forward to trying Poivre, Nuit de Noel, and Oe'r de Or.
    Please do report back after trying some of these feminine marketed fragrances. I would like to hear how well they work on a man. I've tried Tabac Blond, and didn't particularly like it; not because it seemed feminine, but because it seemed a bit harsh to me.

If you ask me about a masterpiece by Caron, I would always choose Pour un Homme.