Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what will God and the Devil will wear?

In other words:

What is the fragrance that brings to your heart/soul/mind the strongest feeling of positiveness, holiness, cleanesses , innocent, love and peace? That will be God.

What is the fragrance that brings to your heart/soul/mind the strongest feeling of darkness, weirdness, evilness, sexuality, sin, envy, egoism, war, hate, violence? That will be Devil.

I cannot even answer that myself, but when ever I wear Acqua Di Parma Colonia I feel so clean minded and full of positive vibe.
    When I wear Knize Ten or L Anarchiste I feel sort of the opposite, like material, dirty, provocative and devilish.
    Last edited by Basteri; 17th February 2009 at 01:20 PM.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: what will God and the Devil will wear?

I thought the Devil wears Prada.

(drums please)

Don't believe in either, so I guess I can be pretty creative here...

God - I'd say Feuille Verte, because it is so heavenly, but then I'd have to make God a decant, since it's discontinued... and that's definitely not happening. Amouage Arcus or Cirrus?

Satan - Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. A sexy, bad-ass, motorcycle-riding, weapon-carrying, evil, sexy person who wanted to seduce you and then f*ck you over would wear this. He's a shapeshifting demon in the form of a unisex vampire goat. Tuscan Leather for sure.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

God - I Am King

Devil - Black Tourmaline

GOD
    Straight to Heaven
    By Killian

DEVIL
    Passage d' Enfer
    L'Artisan Parfumer (road to hell)
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 21st February 2009 at 08:26 AM.

Just for your game and some people's idea of god and devil:

Divine, L'Homme Sage
    Etro, Messe de Minuit

However, as a secular humanist and as Darwins great-great-grandson
    I cannot make up my mind between
    Malle's French Lover or L'Artisan's Passage d'Enfer (i.e. light pure !) '
    Last edited by narcus; 17th February 2009 at 02:33 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: what will God and the Devil will wear?

One of the previous messages is correct. The Devil wears Prada. God, well, he wears whatever he wants.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 17th February 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Well, I'd surmise that god would wear L'eau du irrational-outdated-means-to-control-masses-of-uneducated-people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Well, I'd surmise that god would wear L'eau du irrational-outdated-means-to-control-masses-of-uneducated-people.
    This thread is going downhill fast.
    Last edited by The Duke; 17th February 2009 at 03:10 PM.

It's all those damn athiests fault with their science and rational thought!

This thread needs to be locked.....quickly

To get things back on track....

God....Gucci PH
    Devil....Navy for Men
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

God = Sloth
    Devil = Wrath
    Atheism = Pride

Actually, I take that back. It looks too troll-esque.

Seriously though, I don't associate scents to extreme positivity/negativity or good/evil. It would be like asking me which food is good and evil. Hamburgers are undoubtedly evil though. Extra bacon and cheese please, thank you.
    Last edited by moltening; 17th February 2009 at 05:07 PM.

Don't know what god wears but the devil wears AdG for sure!

Gendarme

God- Cologne blanche
    Devil - Eau noire

bothe same house and family, but totally different personalities.

God wears only 1 thing: Aqua di Gio.
    The Devil wears everything else.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 17th February 2009 at 06:26 PM.

It depends on where they're going of course.

There was this one time I smelled Kouros on someone and saw the devil and God simultaneously. What do you make of that?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Last time i heard, one of them liked Fracas, and the other one had a bottle of Guerlarose, until a while back the did a get-together and swapped scents at the Café du Monde in N.O.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 17th February 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Both wear L'eau de Je N'existe Pas ....Intense.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

No one is going to suggest that the devil would wear A*Men? Well, I'll suggest it: I think the devil would wear A*Men - the burned chocolate is a mixture of temptation and damnation.

As for god, I imagine she would wear only the purest of oils and attars. Perhaps she would exude them based on her mood.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Devil wears Carnal Flower

God, Killian Heaven Sent?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

God damn all these "what would so-and-so-wear posts." Devil take 'em all.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 18th February 2009 at 07:28 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Just for your game and some people's idea of god and devil:

Divine, L'Homme Sage
    Etro, Messe de Minuit

However, as a secular humanist and as Darwins great-great-grandson
    I cannot make up my mind between
    Malle's French Lover or L'Artisan's Passage d'Enfer (i.e. light pure !) '
    Holy cow, you're descendant from Darwin! Any memorabilia in your line of the family?
    I wonder what Darwin wore? Royal Scottish Lavender ? And what about "God is dead" Nietzsche?

As to the Devil, he's obviously wearing 3 liters of Axe and sitting right next to some poor sinner. If there was a God, he would not wear perfume, he would be one.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Holy cow, you're descendant from Darwin! Any memorabilia in your line of the family?
    I wonder what Darwin wore? Royal Scottish Lavender ? And what about "God is dead" Nietzsche?

As to the Devil, he's obviously wearing 3 liters of Axe and sitting right next to some poor sinner. If there was a God, he would not wear perfume, he would be one.
    God does not wear perfume, his presence simply fills the air with the essence of joy.

Satan probably gives off something kinky and dirty sexy, irresistible to humans, but objectively smelling of burnt wood, sulfur, and BLOOD

DUN DUN DUN

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Satan probably gives off something kinky and dirty sexy, irresistible to humans, but objectively smelling of burnt wood, sulfur, and BLOOD

DUN DUN DUN
    So he/she/it must wear Salvador Dali Pour Homme!
    Last edited by castorpollux; 18th February 2009 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Any reason why there's a thread on here which allows people to unabashedly put down the belief systems of others???

Just curious.

Well, should any one feel the need to act the prat and put down others belief systems then thats there (rather misguided) prerogative and I am sure that the moderators will take all appropriate action and remove the offending posts...

Not to stray too far off topic I think that:

God- something like Guerlain SDV, even though its almost foody its really comforting- the way I like to see God.

The 'Devil' (or any synonym thereof, presuming ones belief in something that epitomises evil. (I personally have no such belief, though I do very much believe in God))- Salvador Dali PH comes pretty damn close, its dark, evil, twisted...
    Last edited by Angeldust; 18th February 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

The wise actions of caring members have stepped in here, and the offending commentary and rule-breaking commentary came to an end. When that happens it looks like a lesson is taken and the wise course continues. Proof that the caring of the site's members helps to moderate threads.

If there are questions of why moderators act or don't act, please send them to the moderators. I am happy to get questions by PM and answer them. Use of PM keeps threads like this on the topic intended by the original poster and indulged by thoughts of the membership.

Send me your thoughts on moderation, please avoid making them a theme which can take a thread off topic.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and restraint in this thread.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Frankincense for God. It was good enough for Jesus, part of the Trinity. Ungaro III maybe.

DKNY Be Delicious for the Devil. After all the Devil tempted Eve with the fruit of knowledge, represented by the apple.

Last edited by Xephon23; 19th February 2009 at 01:15 AM.

After reading this thread, it seems a lot of my favorites are in the Devil category.

God: Geir Ness For Men and Dior Cologne Blanche.

Devil: Norman Kamali Incense, Fumidus, Patchouli 24 and Tuscan Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I have never heard of this! I must try it. But is it sexy enough for the devil?

God : Chanel no. 5 (if it was good enough for Marilyn...)

Devil: L'eau d'Hiver (this only because my daughter says it is the perfect frag for Edward the vampire in Twilight)

Me: Carnal Flower, please
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Well it certainly must be Ange ou Demon by Givenchy for the Devil. It has a sort of parallel to it, which do you choose: be an angel or demon? He chose demon and then put that frag on so he could smell like hell and take everyone close to him with him!

After some research I found that Jesus wears frankincense and myrrh.
    The devil will no doubt have something sulfur based.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 19th February 2009 at 04:25 PM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Sulphur based! of course. Wise insight.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I don't know what the devil might wear, but I found certain statement on Basenotes, actually more as joking remark, with whom I fully agree nevertheless: that Bois du Portugal might just be God's personal cologne.

God: Creed Imperial
    Devil: Narciso Rodriguez

Helllooo, and what has sulphur in it pray tell? I hope that was a joke! Nothing so sexy as smelling like rotten eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by TaraYvonne View Post
    Helllooo, and what has sulphur in it pray tell? I hope that was a joke! Nothing so sexy as smelling like rotten eggs!
    Yeah, you know, fire and brimstone and Hell. No he won't smell too great.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I've always figured that God would not wear something pure. That's for the angels. God would probably wear something powerful and mysterious. Something like M7, while The Devil would wear something putrid and hot or something overly spicy, something like Shiseido Basala. I've always associated Salvador Dali Pour Homme with the devil though. I have never smelt it but I will buy a bottle soon!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Quote Originally Posted by bbobkc View Post
    Yeah, you know, fire and brimstone and Hell. No he won't smell too great.
    Amen brother. And I don't mean Mugler's Amen. Not that those in Paradise will care what Lucifer is wearing as he will be an after thought. Meanwhile, God will be wearing and will be more than earthly words can utter.

God: Mugler cologne
    Evil: Anteus
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can definitely picture God wearing Mugler Cologne... it's just so clean!

Don't know about the devil... something dirty and reeking of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Don't know about the devil... something dirty and reeking of sex.
    That sounds like MKK

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    God does not wear perfume, his presence simply fills the air with the essence of joy.
    That's it! God wear's Joy by Jean Patou!

Of course the Devil usually wears My Sin, but occasionally he wears Chypre or Fougere Royale because he's the only one who can get his hands on a bottle. Now, he would let you have some, if you would care to sign here . . . .

GOD : Anything by Guerlain

SATAN : High karate

We will never know their tastes;I think the devil sprays his body with Jack Daniels or something like that; thats very nice stuff; and very affordable.

I'm envious of the Almighty. He doesn't risk a blind buy: he knows everyting.

Amouage Dia would be my vote. Ethereal, clean, mystical.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Gah! I was waiting for that. :P

Salvador Dali pour Homme has the weirdest reputation on here; it makes no sense to me. Maybe it's because I used up a tube of SDpH shower gel, and now associate it with washing up.

It's a big, heavy, complex 1980s "powerhouse" masculine fragrance, and for that reason alone will probably conjure up terror for some, but I can't see how it evokes satanic rituals or any of the rather silly stuff described in some of the reviews in the directory.

God's perfume "is the smell sunlight makes coming out of a blue sky." The devil's is bespoke, from "the world's only dynastic, privately held luxury fragrance company."
    Last edited by d4; 21st February 2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Thumbs up Re: what will God and the Devil will wear?

Quote Originally Posted by FRAGFAN View Post
    Amen brother. And I don't mean Mugler's Amen. Not that those in Paradise will care what Lucifer is wearing as he will be an after thought. Meanwhile, God will be wearing and will be more than earthly words can utter.

Is it blasphemous to suggest that God wears something Gendarme-like ?
    -

Do you think God might smell like 'Breath of God?' I've never tried it, but it has many fans on the women's side!
    And the devil...to nick from another thread, I imagine the devil would love to induce migraines so for me that fragrance is RED.

Cool Re: what will God and the Devil will wear?

The Devil would wear Bandit and look down on all other leather scents. He'd also enjoy Amouage Gold but bemoan the fact it's not overpriced enough.

God will forgive Le Male, A*men, and Insense Ultramarine.
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 22nd February 2009 at 03:00 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Both wear L'eau de Je N'existe Pas ....Intense.
    Ha!!!!

God: Creed MI

Devil: Black Aoud

I imagine God would smell like your mother smelled when you were a baby, with a hint of everyone else you loved in your life. A familiar and welcoming scent.

The Devil, on the other hand, wears a perfume beyond your imagination of the most enigmatic, beguiling and beautiful scent possible.

I think the devil might wear something like Flames Meet Desire.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    I think the devil might wear something like Flames Meet Desire.
    Ooooo, that makes so much sense! I like doing it right in front of a space heater on full blast.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

God: must wears Mugler Cologne
    Devil: may be.. Ungaro III or Tumulte by Lacroix