Code of Conduct

Default Your views on 21 by CoSTUME NATIONAL

I recently tried Scent 21 by CN and absolutely loved it, great scent and fantastic longevity, any one has any views on it.
    notes quoted from Luckyscent:
    bergamot, milk, orange blossoms, saffron, cumin, pepper, cashmere wood, royal jelly, moss, clary sage, patchouli, olibanum, amber, sandalwood, oudh wood, cedar, vetiver, labdanum, tonka bean, vanilla and musk.

Default Re: Your views on 21 by CoSTUME NATIONAL

i just love this one. it has one of the sexiest opening notes. very stylish and chic. by mids to base it bears strong resembalance to Narciso Rodriguez For Him. for someone who doesnt like NR, this one's a great substitute.

Blog Entries

21 is the most interesting Costume National scent, in my opinion. Scent Intense is really good as well, but it gets monotonous because of amber/cedar throughout.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

My review of Costume National 21:

This is a very woody, yet at the same time lactonic, creamy scent. There is a good deal of spice in this, and some perfumer-arty things like bergamot, moss, and clary sage (very sophisticated and traditional notes). Kashmir wood in the top is backed up by vetiver, cedar and patchouli in the base. The labdanum in the heart gives aid to the creaminess, yet veering off a little toward ambergris, its closest scent equivalent. Tonka and vanilla add an oriental dimension and a roundness to the woody and spicy notes. To me , this is one of the best of the Costume National line; milder, but at the same time more complex, better balanced and more skillfully constructed than the other offerings from that house. This is also an EdP strength. A very welcome addition from Costume National, and a clear demonstration of how good their stuff can be! Kudos to Juliette Karagueuzoglou, the nose responsible for this.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

On paper, I got a resemblence to Bond's Silver Factory, but maybe that's just me.

I'm with everyone else - I love it. It's like a creamy take on Scent Intense. It's unique, but it has the Costume National hibiscus note that the others have.

To runstile - though I wouldn't say they're similar per se for me, I can totally see where you're picking up on some shared qualities and notes. I'd never notice it before - good catch!

I adore this scent... here's what I wrote about it last October in my blog:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...tional-21.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I adore this scent... here's what I wrote about it last October in my blog:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...tional-21.html

darn...wht have you done to yourself dimi !! your avatar is scary....shud win you R. Weiz in mummy 3
    Last edited by jenson; 17th February 2009 at 07:59 PM.

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

i'm desperate to try this stuff now, especially after comparisons to silver factory which i love.

on a related, yet bizarre, note, i found out recently that my mum and rachel weisz's mother occasionally meet up for a sherry....

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I'm with everyone else - I love it. It's like a creamy take on Scent Intense. It's unique, but it has the Costume National hibiscus note that the others have.

To runstile - though I wouldn't say they're similar per se for me, I can totally see where you're picking up on some shared qualities and notes. I'd never notice it before - good catch!
    21 is nice creamy scent. It's so wearable at home and has a lovely smell. Scent Intense is still my favourite but it's not so easily wearable.

Hi. Please avoid bumping all the Costume National threads with the same post. This thread is five years old!

Due to an attempt to simultaneously raise all the Costume National 21 threads from their ancient slumber, this thread has been locked so it can RIP once more. If there's any reason why you think it should be opened back up, PM one of the mods.

If you want to revive a discussion from a few years ago, fine. No need to revive them all though