Code of Conduct

Wink New Narciso Rodriguez fragrance Essence

Has anyone bought or smelled the new NR Essence??I think only Saks has it and I love the original in the black bottle and have the two LE bottles,thanks,

Default Re: New Narciso Rodriguez fragrance Essence

I got a chance to smell this today. I'm just not feeling this one. I was rather disappointed to tell you the truth. It smells like just another perfume to me. I didn't develop on paper at all. It just smelled like the initial spray. I didn't spray it on my skin. I'm interested in what my more experienced sniffers think
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I'd love to smell this one, although I'm a male.. it's a ritual for me to try all his fragrances, haha. The bottle looks tooo damn good again.
    Last edited by Giustino; 20th February 2009 at 07:45 AM.
    unico grande amore.

I love the bottle and I love the notes that are in it. I read a little snippet in Allure magazine in which he said musk was the sexiest note for a woman because it becomes individualized on every woman.
    I love the NR edt and I will be trying this one, too. I have high hopes.

Any updates on this one since the last posts above? I too look forward to sniffing this.

"Cuban fashionhouse and perfume selling Narciso Rodriguez will launch his third perfume in March. Being the owner of the brilliant fragrances for Her, and for Him ( + musk for him and her) the cuban will have his second women’s perfume in March under the name of “Essence”. It’s said that this perfume contains the captivity of the women’s nature. So, sounds very interesting.

Musk, the absolute signature note of Narciso has been used in this perfume again. Blended with rote petals, iris and amber, made this a real powdery floral. With the perfume being filled in a sublime women’s body mirrorlike shaped bottle. Another A + + + bottle by Rodriguez, since I adore the bottles of for Him and for Her bigtime.

Even though this is a women’s perfume. I insist to try it myself! Narciso is definently one of my favorites due to it’s uniqueness and brilliant bottle and packagedesigns."

Copy from my weblog. For images: http://www.fragrancethis.com/2009/02...nity-in-march/
    unico grande amore.

I got my bottle of NR essence today with a gorgeous bag full of goodies from Saks. I LOVE this fragrance, the notes are amazing, bottle silver opaque and gorgeous. NR just makes a fabulous fragrance that lasts and smells divine on me. I LOVE it, I think for now it is only at Saks but sure it will move around.

Red face Re: New Narciso Rodriguez fragrance Essence

I love this, got the gorgeous silver opaque bottle and a prety huge pink and white tote full of goodies from Saks. Fragrance is amazing and lasting, I LOVE it, Love all the NR fragrances like four bottle of the black edt. This is wonderful. Their fragrances just agree with my chemistry. Great job.

damn.. you make my mouth feel watery.. though I'm a man, haha. when it's out here, a must try.. that's for sure! the bottle looks too freakin brilliant indeed, and NR just makes good fragrances.
    unico grande amore.

I just got a sample in Germany. It's awful. Not my taste at all, very floral and powdery.

i have this on me now!

was very excited to see it because i am a fan of the black EDT.

i'm disappointed.

you can expect this to be strong and it will last. i can't describe the scent very well. it's powdery and there's this piercing scent that i'm not sure what it is. it had the strong alcohol scent when i first sprayed it. i've had this on for almost 6 hours and it is still strong but the scent gives me a slight migraine.

I tried this a couple of weeks ago and was very excited. I LOVE Narciso for Her and this one sounded even better. It came on with such a strong blast that it nearly sent me scrubbing. I held out because NR for Her also starts loudly for me, then settles to a soft, sensual warmth that I can't get enough of. Essence never got there for me. It was more subdued after a few hours, but did not evolve on my skin. This was a big disappointment. Felt more like an old bottle of Charlie than what I expected from NR.

An absolute masterpiece in my books! Essence should NOT be tested on paper. It's a very subtle floral musk that needs some skin to bloom.

Groundbreaking, in a very discreet way ♡

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    An absolute masterpiece in my books! Essence should NOT be tested on paper. It's a very subtle floral musk that needs some skin to bloom.

Groundbreaking, in a very discreet way ♡
    Interesting, I only tested this one on a ribbon and thought it was boring. Guess it's back to Saks!

I went by Holt's to sample it but no luck. I'll be sniffing vicariously through those of you who find it.

Also, I'll just point out that the press for Essence says nothing about the captivity of women's nature... that line made me cringe and not want to try the fragrance. I'm assuming the sentiment above was something along the lines of 'captures the essence of women's nature.'

My mother recently purchased this, and it is indeed lovely. It starts out with a lemony topnote that literally fades in ten seconds then it slowly moves onto the musky, musky rose. I can definetly see a similarity to the original NR, but I believe this is kind of a skin scent. The rose note never fades, but the musk really takes over somewhere from the middle. You're left with an extremely clean, white musk with very faint floral refrences in the basenotes. This is indeed a wonderful, sumpremely elegant perfume.

I'm not feeling this one.

If you're trying to find this at any retailer other than Saks, sorry: they have an eight-month US exclusive on this scent. (Yes, eight months, just like Prada Infusion d'Iris was to Neiman Marcus.) After the Saks exclusive ends in November, I hear that Nordstrom, Neiman's, Bloomingdale's, and Von Maur (who will start carrying the brand in the fall, per the local BPI rep) are next in line. (Sephora shoppers will have to wait a wee bit longer.)
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Interesting, I only tested this one on a ribbon and thought it was boring. Guess it's back to Saks!
    Fantastic idea Ubuandibeme, you might be surprised by the difference on your skin. Essence is not built like your average scent with the "best part" at the beginning.

Give it few minutes/hours for a very different fragrant experience...

I will try it next time I am at Saks, but yesterday I found a perfumed strip in one of my magazines. Although I don't trust that way of trying fragrance. I am always concerned that I am going to "bruise" the notes while rubbing my wrist on the paper, it seems very nice.
    Evenstar

Red face Re: New Narciso Rodriguez fragrance Essence

have to say I love this and ordered another as Saks has free shipping code
    SAKSSHIP9 till 4/6
    can't pass up free shipping and this is wonderful and really lasts on me. I wish there was a way to know how much is in the opaque bottles, gorgeous silver bottle.

GORGEOUS indeed!

i tried this again today thinking it deserved another chance.

ok i lied, they had a promotion on. you would get $10 off the price and also it came with a gift of a miniature and quite a generous size of the lotion which i thought had a very nice texture.

unfortunately, i still do not like it.

My wife and I sniffed this yesterday, and whilst I liked it (not immediately though), she wasnt as keen. Fortunately she received a sample and will give it a good try.

Le critique de parfum, thats a BIG picture... maybe you can resize it a little?

After a second sniff (and wearing it on my hand for the past few hours), I remember what it is that this scent reminds me a little of... there is a twinge of Allessandro dell'Acqua (femme) about this.

It is growing on me more and more.

I smell it on the ribbon and like it enough to let the SA spray it on my arm.
    It smell wonderful, clean but sexy. Very unique. And yes, I bought it on the spot, which I don't usually do that!

Essence just debut here in Singapore last week. From the description above, this one do sound as it's more suitable for the women. Love the bottle though.

I tried this the other day and found it unpleasantly soapy. Its soap levels were up there with J-Lo Glow, in fact.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Tried it today. Handsome bottle. Scent is *meh*.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/