Code of Conduct

Thread: Esencia Loewe

Default Esencia Loewe

Have you guys tried it? Some serious and fine fragrance. It must be champion among sillage monsters fragrances. Ultra masculine and refined. Longevity is surreal.

I used to wear it many years ago ,15, 20 years ago. During those years it became very exclusive yet popular.

I revisited today and I was blown away once again. If I had to describe it I would say it is an aristocratic Polo Green. Divine, manly (80´s) , expensive, charismatic and magnetic. It is so intense and intoxicating that one can get tired of it, pure excess. I remember that it always gave me the impression I was wearing some "oil" due its deepness and thickness.

There is something British about it, sort of Bois du Portugal. Green and woods. I do not remember who said that BdP smells like the interior of a Rolls Royce , well this smells like the interior of a Bentley then.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Esencia Loewe

Your comments Basteri are exactly like that fragance is.....You know.....Loewe is a great brand, but I dont understand why is not popular in America. I only saw that fragance in one store in Aruba, and inmediatly bought it. Its incredibly nice, with caracter, old school and very well made. Like all Loewe bags and stuffs.

A safe blind buy? 100%
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brand is owned by LVMH. The implemented a very important marketing campaign for Loewe's perfumes back in 2001, but succes was limited, guess because of the economic crisis. In Christmas time they published printed ads and ran TV spots for Solo Loewe. BTW, any opinion about this one?

Judging from your comments it is worth buying Esencia, so I will try it and keep you posted in case I am A$ 250 poorer :)
    Last edited by Pollux; 19th February 2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Addition

It is very much worth it. If you like the old good powerhouses from the 80´s this is the King of them all.
    It will make a long lasting impression.
    I think this is going to be my secret weapon to wear outside of Spain. Pure class in a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    It is very much worth it. If you like the old good powerhouses from the 80´s this is the King of them all.
    It will make a long lasting impression.
    I think this is going to be my secret weapon to wear outside of Spain. Pure class in a bottle.
    You just made a point there! When traveling I always tend to take those scents that are unknown in the place I am heading to. In that sense, Spanish fragances are a killer.

Pollux.
    Is that the price you have to pay for Esencia? (U$ 250) . In that case, hold your horses because I can get it for you much cheaper.

No!!! Argentine pesos 250!!! Divide it by 3.50 an it will give you the amount in dollars: $ 72 USD.

I’m a fan of Esencia also! It is good stuff alright, and Basteri, your description of it is really good.

I would only add that I also detect in it spices that remind me of Christmas or maybe Autumn, a kind of cinnamon-spiced apple sweetness together with the pine, which, for me, almost becomes cloying. For this reason, I don’t wear it as often as I would if this aspect were toned down, because I think the slight sweetness is a little discordant with the piney freshness, but it’s one I still get a fair amount of wear out of.

I really wish the perfumer had put patchouli in this! Esencia would probably be my ultimate favorite scent if it were more herbal with patchouli together with the pine.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

I was smitted by Esencia Loewe from the first moments I tried it on my skin, it immediately turned into an endless love-story. I mean, I can only wonder that such flawless scents are still being made today, as it smells like pure distinction in a bottle, yet also rich, masculine, warm, without ever crossing the boundaries of true style and taste. My first reaction on smelling Esencia was, honestly, something like:" Where has such a great scent been all these years, why didn't I know it since the first day of my life, how come I didn't get to know it earlier?"

Has this been reformulated?? I just received my order from Beauty encounter, and it doesn't really have monster sillage and is not as rich and deep as some describe.

yes i bought a bottle recently and even though its great
    it is not as good as you describe it to be
    I am guessing there is a vintage or something to that extent
    Bastari could you post a pic of your bottle maybe?
    thanks!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Mine is bombastic.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

this is a picture of the frag.

[IMG][/IMG]

All comments above spot-on. A rather underrated classic, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I’m a big fan of Esencia Loewe too. It is absolutely one my favorites. I love its fresh-warm aspect. It is incredibly beautiful and elegant particularly during its dry down. Very refine powerhouse, It is certain to get you noticed but without being overpowering.

I think it’s generally underrated but I personally rate it on the same rank as Habit Rouge!

My tomorrow SotD is already influenced by this thread!
    Last edited by jss; 3rd November 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Elegant gentlemanly scent, near the top of my Christmas wish-list..

Hmm.. I'm very curious about this scent. So many positive comments. I'm not a fan of Yatagan, but I like Polo (green). Is this a safe blind buy for me?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hmm.. I'm very curious about this scent. So many positive comments. I'm not a fan of Yatagan, but I like Polo (green). Is this a safe blind buy for me?
    I think you will like it and not expensive in my neck of the woods.

If you like polo this is a very safe blind buy. Smells similar but less 'loud' and with a very smooth and beautiful resinous dry down that goes on and on

In b4 someone claims it is "a shell of its former self"....
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb
    D&G The One (The Holy Grail)

'Tis better to buy a great fragrance at a cheap price, than a cheap fragrance at a great price...

One of my colleagues at work often wears this and seems to like it a lot.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

great but vintage lasted longer and had deeper sillage...
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon