Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Invasion Barbare - MDCI

So guys. I've sampled the juice extensively, and the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the fact that I'm broke.

But in case I wasn't, how "bad" would it be to buy the bottle without the tiny white figure of doom on top ... really? We're talking 125 usd or so for a tiny figurine, and seeing as I'm getting hit with 25% tax and shipping on top of that from the US to Norway, is it really ... worth it?

Let the absurd argument begin, because we're done discussing the juice itself. It's DIVINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Good juice but not worth the outrageous price!
    I think it's worth every penny. I'm finding most good perfumes these days to cost around $200.00 a bottle, and more.Rarely do I find something I like for less. I did recently discover L'homme infini by Divine for $130.00 for 50ml, which I consider a steal. Another new good one is Naomi Goodsir for $150.00 for 50ml, another steal. Yes good scents for under $200.00 are out there, they're just harder to find.

Arquiste - $185-$195 for 55ml
    By Kilian - $225 - $395 for 50ml
    Puredistance- $200 for 17.5ml and $590.00 for 100ml
    MDCI - $250.00 for 60ml
    Amouage - around $225.00 for 50ml
    Xerjoff - $265.00 -$665.00
    Vero Profumo - $300.00 for 15ml extrait and $200.00 for 50ml EDP
    Clive Christian - $300.00 - $865.00 for 50ml
    Ramon Monegal - $185.00 for 50ml.
    O'driu - $200.00 - $1000

There's just a small comparison from some good houses. I think the house of MDCI is appropiately priced for the quality they offer. Invasion Barbare itself is a steal in my book. There just aren't that many scents out there in the same league as IB.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I think it's worth every penny. I'm finding most good perfumes these days to cost around $200.00 a bottle, and more.Rarely do I find something I like for less. I did recently discover L'homme infini by Divine for $130.00 for 50ml, which I consider a steal. Another new good one is Naomi Goodsir for $150.00 for 50ml, another steal. Yes good scents for under $200.00 are out there, they're just harder to find.

Arquiste - $185-$195 for 55ml
    By Kilian - $225 - $395 for 50ml
    Puredistance- $200 for 17.5ml and $590.00 for 100ml
    MDCI - $250.00 for 60ml
    Amouage - around $225.00 for 50ml
    Xerjoff - $265.00 -$665.00
    Vero Profumo - $300.00 for 15ml extrait and $200.00 for 50ml EDP
    Clive Christian - $300.00 - $865.00 for 50ml
    Ramon Monegal - $185.00 for 50ml.
    O'driu - $200.00 - $1000

There's just a small comparison from some good houses. I think the house of MDCI is appropiately priced for the quality they offer. Invasion Barbare itself is a steal in my book. There just aren't that many scents out there in the same league as IB.

Excellent put. It's not outrageous compared to other serious niche producers, and what I've tried from MDCI so far is at least as good as the others listed here.

Not sure the buste is worth 125 usd yet though .. that's almost another fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post

Not sure the buste is worth 125 usd yet though .. that's almost another fragrance.
    Only you can make that determination. I own IB, without the bust, and to me, I do not miss it, it is the juice that counts.

Basenotes Junkie

I think I'm with you on this PalmBeach.

Does it come with some sort of cap though, or just an exposed sprayer if you get it without the bust? I haven't really seen pictures of a cap on it, so I'm curious

Excellent put. It's not outrageous compared to other serious niche producers, and what I've tried from MDCI so far is at least as good as the others listed here.

The bust isn't even worth $1.00 to me. I'd rather put the dollar in a piggy bank and save up for another bottleof IB for when I run out.

I don't miss the cap. It's too pretty with the gold lines and tassel to throw in my bag So I just decant into 3ml sprayers.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Basenotes Plus

I think I'm with you on this PalmBeach.

Does it come with some sort of cap though, or just an exposed sprayer if you get it without the bust? I haven't really seen pictures of a cap on it, so I'm curious
    Yes, it has a gold cap with a tassel.

If you look at this link from Luckyscent, you will see many of their perfumes this way, some they shoot without the cap, but it does have a cap.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...fums_MDCI.html

Basenotes Institution

Reading this thread made me realize how much I miss jock_with_scents, he doesn't post anymore.

Strangely, I still have never smelled IB.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

i received a sample of this and was so disappointed -especially after reading the notes and reading many reviews. smells a bit too medicinal for my liking