Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's the most Badass scent?

Forget refinement or class. Which scents are cool/badass beyond imagination?

To me, the most badass scent is A*Men. It's said that Mugler visualized a mystical urban hero or something like that when creating A*Men. As result, I find it an utterly hard scent to pull off unless you're truly badass.
    Last edited by karisuma; 20th February 2009 at 03:54 AM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: What's the most Badass scent?

Maxim's Pour Homme fits the bill for me.

When I read the question, I thought it was asking for a scent which is completely "badass". My answer to this question would probably be something around the lines of British Sterling by Dana. Leather jacket, sunglasses, cigarrettes, leather boots, mustache (maybe).

Perhaps even Bvlgari Black as a badass with some class.

However, I must disagree with yourchoice of AMen. When I smell A Men, I smell a sweet, chocolaty scent with marshmellows and kids holding hands dancing in a circle. Not really badass material. Perhaps, it may be "badass" in theory?

Z-14

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    When I read the question, I thought it was asking for a scent which is completely "badass". My answer to this question would probably be something around the lines of British Sterling by Dana. Leather jacket, sunglasses, cigarrettes, leather boots, mustache (maybe).
    Hmm, I think British Sterlings is too cheap. I was thinking something more lavishly, extravagantly badass.

Perhaps even Bvlgari Black as a badass with some class.
    Good choice, although I don't really see class in someone who smells like rubber tires.

However, I must disagree with yourchoice of AMen. When I smell A Men, I smell a sweet, chocolaty scent with marshmellows and kids holding hands dancing in a circle. Not really badass material. Perhaps, it may be "badass" in theory?
    Hahaha! When I smell A*Men, I see a guy who gets his way in any situation, he is that good, and the ladies can't help but fall for him.

Maybe "badass" isn't the right word for what I'm thinking...?

dude
    kouros
    hands down
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Creed Vintage Tabarome

akdeluxe

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    Hmm, I think British Sterlings is too cheap. I was thinking something more lavishly, extravagantly badass.

Good choice, although I don't really see class in someone who smells like rubber tires.

Hahaha! When I smell A*Men, I see a guy who gets his way in any situation, he is that good, and the ladies can't help but fall for him.

Maybe "badass" isn't the right word for what I'm thinking...?
    Yes I can definately see why you would say British Sterling is too cheap smelling. Absolutely. But I think that that plays into the "badass" theme. Something that is crude and cheap.

And taking that into considering, Bvlgari black which is miles classier as in much less cheap smelling, suits the badass of class. Just my personal opinion.

Ok and I see what you were trying to ask. "badass" can be interpreted in many many ways. I thought that you were asking about a badass in terms of lots of leather and poorly shaven facial hair. Kinda like the badboys of the 80's. But I can see that what you really meant is a man in a suit, well shaven, who is smooth with the ladies and then ditches them causing them to cry for weeks. Ok then, for this kind of person, I completly understand your reference of A*Men. Although I still think it is too sweet to fill in any form of "badass".

For your definition, I would probably recommend somethign smooth... like Musc Ravageur or Body Kouros and certainly some citrusy Bvlgari's.
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 20th February 2009 at 05:49 AM.

SMN Nostalgia. A badass race car driver.
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

Lonestar Memory
    Knize Ten
    L Anarchiste
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

A real man wouldn't care what he smelled like

$5 brut

Quote Originally Posted by albumleaf View Post
    A real man wouldn't care what he smelled like

$5 brut
    best answer

Out of the 700+ or so I tried, Fumidus by Profumum / Rien by ELDO.

Garage and Nostalgia reminds me of a mechanic at an auto-workshop. That ain't bad ass. And forget Duro.
    Last edited by moltening; 20th February 2009 at 07:22 AM.

the truth is that if you take the most badass fragrance in the world and you have, lets say, Bill Gates to wear it, it will turn into Eau du geek. Then take let say Jason Statham and have him wear Acqua di Gio, he will turn it into a badass fragrance.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

My own natural smell.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Yatagan - legal public sword-wielding
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

NR for him

Sung Homme - it's been so unloved around here ever since this site started, that one would have to be a badass to wear it.
    Renato

Eau De Hermes I think.

You really have to not give a toss what other people think to wear this.

This is sharp cologne with a cumin/animalic undernote. Wear this with a suit and you will always smell like a bad boy underneath.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Mechant Loup by L'artisan parfumeur, total badass, including the name "bad wolf". Animalic and "different"

Parfum de Habit - MPG

Bandit

Sexy badass femme fatale spy

Add more leather ala Dzing and it´s more kinky then badass to me
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Creed Milliesime BadAss

Knize Ten (Gasoline & Austrian testosterone mixed in a bottle.)

Vintage Tabaróme (Churchill, Bogart & Tobacco -- 'nuff said.)

Bandit (Androgynous/gender-f*cking leather imp.)

Salvador Dali pour Homme (a.k.a. Satan's Little Helper)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 20th February 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quorum. I'm positive that Dirty Harry Callahan wore Quorum.

Badass would be my avatar, not A*Men..if you ask my opinion..lol.

So I'd think they wear somethiong strong like Creed VT or actually, they wouldn't give a rats ass and would probably wear Stetson or Chaps.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum.

Or Chanel Anteaus with my sweat after a 2 minute sparring bout with a 7th degree Black Belt from Okinawa.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 20th February 2009 at 04:22 PM.

PROFUMUM FUMIDUS

would you like your EdP on the rocks or neat?

Hai Karate FTW! Closely followed by Brut. Badass!

I also don't think of A*men as badass.

Unquestionably, the most badass scent in my book is TRUSSARDI UOMO!

It's carnation encased in a solid block of rusty iron.
    Last edited by wicozani; 20th February 2009 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    Quorum. I'm positive that Dirty Harry Callahan wore Quorum.
    I will second that one. That fragrance is smoky, sleazy bar mean.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Knize 10

You know I'm right. It takes a real badass to wear that and not give a s**t what other people think.

Off-Scenter

Hmm...Is it Aoud Cuir d'Arabie? Parfum d'Habit? Or Black? Kouros? Intrigant Patchouli? Route du Vetiver? Or maybe Mazzolari Lui?

Can you tell I like "badass?"

How about Van Gil's? I find it sort of like David Hasselhoff mixed with high octane fuel.

Big, bold, and uncompromising, whatever the genre... Fumidus, Kretek, Rasa Extreme, and Tubereuse Criminelle.

Yatagan and-for most "in your face"--Agua Brava by Puig.

One word: Kouros.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Over applying Nassamoto's Duro

Salvador Dali Pour Homme you would have to have thick fur on your balls to pull that as your signature scent!

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Yatagan and-for most "in your face"--Agua Brava by Puig.

Good grief - how could I have forgotten Yatagan!

I can see Quorum, Yatagan, Parfum d'Habit fitting the bill, but the first one that came to my mind is what Tvlampboy and Lian are saying: Bandit. And in edT.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I agree with Knize Ten and Salvador Dali, I would also add Gucci Envy, Esencia Loewe (smoky, yet richly aromatic powerhouse), Ungaro II (one of the most unusual and magnetic male florals around) and Ungaro III (possibly the most elaborate, yet the most haunting aromtaic scent ever made, once smelled , it's THE unforgettable experience), Fahrenheit by Dior (powerhouse uncensored), Trussardi Uomo and Versace L'Homme (both of them, high quality chypre, long lasting and manly, with touches of tobacco and herbal notes), Santos by Cartier (potent, yet classy sensuality in a bottle), Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (again, rich on the virile spices), Antaeus by Chanel (fire, air and earth in a bottle, reinvented after the touch of French seduction), the unassuming and apparently safe Rive Gauche (yet with an edgy, almost down and dirty, in a good sense , undertone), Cerutti 1881 Amber (get used to receiving... compliments), Zino Davidoff (hardly another scent that boozy, dark, without being dated), Drakkar Noir (a bit too strong at first, nevertheless a head turner) the surprinsingly affordable Preferred Stock (uncompromising Wall street ethics), Fendi Uomo (leather- clad authority), Versace Black Jeans, some ladies also rate Eau Sauvage on a man, fierce oldtimer Eau Sauvage as one of the most "badass" babe magnets, while other ladies say that if we men wear Obsession by CK and Azzaro PH, it just reeks "alpha-male" to them (for whichever the reasons may be), so the list is nearly unlimited, as all or most of the scents listed above are great warriors, all of them victorious, in the "push it to the limit" style, yet each time in different ways.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 22nd February 2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Completion and "touching up"

I love your choices...all super badass...my personal vote goes to Kouros! (because you can't find Mandom anymore! - Charles Bronson you know )

Basenotes Institution

Fumidus by Profumum

I think Gaulter´s le Male layered with Norma Kamali Incense would fit the bill...
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Had to up this thread cause I want a bad ass, rough and rugged frag.

Something appropriate for a muscle car driving, muscle shirt wearing, gun carrying, tragic hero. Think Vin Diesel, Clint Eastwood, Wolverine (from X-Men)

Is Diesel Fuel for Life a bad ass masculine frag?

It sure has a bad ass rugged bottle.
    I work 60% of the time...

everytime

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panter View Post

Is Diesel Fuel for Life a bad ass masculine frag?
    Masculine?: Maybe, depends on what you make of "masculine"
    Bad ass?: No

Kouros gets another vote from me. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Masculine?: Maybe, depends on what you make of "masculine"
    Bad ass?: No

Kouros gets another vote from me. I love it.
    Everybody says that but I'm kinda scared to buy it.

On another site, people claim that it smells of urinal cakes, fecal matter, dirty mens restrooms, and even semen.

Chandler Burr even said it is so horrid of a frag, it could get you expelled from a restaurant.

I plan to buy most of my frags online without testing them first, but I might have to get a sample of this before buying it
    I work 60% of the time...

everytime

Ghenghis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Fahrenheit has got to be way up there. It's like... say something about the guy that wears it, and you get bashed in the head with a monkey wrench.

I think what the world needs, is a nice bottle of Eau D' Chuck Norris.
    It doesn't make you smell good, but it delivers a roundhouse kick to those who think that you don't.

Baie de Genievre is pretty badass, I could easily imagine Bruce Campbell's character in Army of Darkness rocking it.

Dependent

On another site, people claim that it smells of urinal cakes, fecal matter, dirty mens restrooms, and even semen.

Chandler Burr even said it is so horrid of a frag, it could get you expelled from a restaurant.

I plan to buy most of my frags online without testing them first, but I might have to get a sample of this before buying it
    When Kouros is concerned, absolutely sample first. After that, if you hate the scent, you probably will be able to relate to the urinal cakes and fecal matter references. If you love it, you may still relate to those references, but you will wear it like a Bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    best answer
    There is a difference if you smell like a homeless man or a bum who never takes a shower and someone who looks and smells greasy after the entire day working under the hood of his car. Either one doesn't really care what he smells like! But which one would you consider a real man? Both?

I vote for Brut, too. Classic scent and something a homeless man can afford.
    Last edited by Pug911; 31st July 2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quorum. Halston 1-12. Kouros.

(Or, just check out the advertising for Mandom, Macho, Hai Karate, or Brut. Snerk.)

These are not the scents of a man who shaves his chest. They give wedgies to men with manicures. Badass.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    the truth is that if you take the most badass fragrance in the world and you have, lets say, Bill Gates to wear it, it will turn into Eau du geek. Then take let say Jason Statham and have him wear Acqua di Gio, he will turn it into a badass fragrance.
    OMG, that is soooo funny...

Bond No 9 Brooklyn or Bleeker St

Maybe CB I Hate Perfume should address this topic and create "Smell the Glove", or something to that effect.

I've never understood the urinal cake/semen/fecal comparisons, even in the original formulation. (I bought it as a new release, that should tell you I'm an oldie around here.) Having said that, it's definitely badass and definitely 'sample before buying'. My vote however goes to Kiehl's Musk.

would have to go along with Yatagan was the first to come to mind

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Since you weren't gender-specific: Alexander McQueen's Kingdom. So bad it kicks it's own ass before kicking yours and anyone else's in the general area
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon