Code of Conduct

Default S-Perfume Appreciation Thread

I tried both S-ex and Lust today. I'm not very good at reviews, but I just wanted to say I love them both.

S-ex smells like oxygen with just the faintest smell of chocolate and leather. Lust is straight-up raw and dirty. It smells like dark rich soil with cigarette buds. Very rugged.

I want to own both, but the shop isn't selling because their stock is sold out till the Summer, and I think Lust is discontinued.

Anyone have thoughts about either or anything else in their line?

Default Re: S-Perfume Appreciation Thread

That's funny. After thinking about it for months I decided to get S-ex yesterday. Then I saw they don't carry it anymore. Too bad. I wonder if there is anything similar to it.

Post Thanks / Like

i remember Pluran used to speak highly of this range...especially S-ex.

Thnx for bringing it up!!

It looks like you can order from Japan. Does anyone have experience ordering internationally? Do you have to pay any extra taxes, duties, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

There is NOTHING else like S-ex...it is absolutely unique in everyway. It's fruity/aquatic/leather, and one of the weirdest and most beautiful things I have ever smelled.

I'd love to try their other stuff, but have only tried S-ex and 100%Love, which wasn't for me (like a concentrated Missoni).

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you hate it when you finally getting around to trying something niche and then it becomes oh-so-hard to find it. Frustrating!

S-ex sounds great nsamadi. I want to smell it, but still haven't. Sounds like something right up my alley.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a large sample hanging around for almost a year now. I keep giving a sniff every couple of months. I still just don't get this one. Not enjoyable to my nose.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first tried S-ex, I thought it smelled gross, but not in a dirty way, just.... not good.

3 years later I pulled out the decant and sprayed, and I was blown away. This stuff is fantastic. It smells like a salty, rubbery, strawberry-surf wax over leather and clean futuristic musk. I ordered a bottle right away from Shaping Room without even getting to the drydown.

It's now 36 hours later, and I can still smell a bit of S-ex on my skin where I sprayed it - this stuff lasts forever. I was worried the drydown would be lackluster, but it's still pretty good. The drydown is kind of like the heart notes but without the saltiness.

Anyway, anyone here try S-Perfume by S-Perfume?
    (It's the first fragrance they ever released, "Jet-Scent" but remixed twice over by Christophe Laudamiel). I'm really curious to hear about people's opinions on it, as it's almost impossible to find these days but supposedly still available in some places throughout Europe and Russia.

Post Thanks / Like

*bump*

If anyone's smelled it, I'd really like to hear your opinions on S-Perfume by S-Perfume. I can't seem to find many reviews on the internet no matter how much I google

I've been wanting to smell this for years now; might have to blind buy

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

I just blind bought both S-ex and S-perfume Remix Version 2 and got an additional 100% Love thick sample! Will report back soon with my impressions.
    Last edited by alfarom; 10th February 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

OK. Just got my bottle of S-Perfume, bought blind for lack of samples and/or decent reviews on the internet.

Well, I like it. But I'm not sure if I can smell it for what it's supposed to be. Supposedly there's a lot of Galaxolide in it, and many people tend to be anosmic to it, so I'm wondering if I am too, considering that I find S-Perfume to be a really light fragrance.

All I smell is a very, very light clean musk that reminds me of laundry, and a blackberry kind of vibe along with an oxygenated freshness. Is this what other people are getting too? It's quite surprising, considering how strong S-ex is in comparison to S-Perfume...

I've heard S-ex and What we do is secret (not in paris lol) are the same scent.. is that true??

What a mess
    We accept reality easily, perhaps because we intuit that nothing is real...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
    I've heard S-ex and What we do is secret (not in paris lol) are the same scent.. is that true??

What a mess
    I read that somewhere too, but I don't think it matters anymore, since A Lab on Fire isn't selling "What We Do is Secret" on their website anymore (you can get "What We Do is Secret in Paris" though). You can only get "S-ex" (regardless of its labeling) from the S-Perfume website (as far as I know)

True.

But well, I own a full bottle of "What we do is secret" (non the parisian Ropion scent) bought in collette and I don't know if I have 15 ml of S-ex Eau de Parfum by Christophe Laudamiel or a discontinued limited niche fragance made by Ropion or whoever...

Unbelievable
    We accept reality easily, perhaps because we intuit that nothing is real...

Post Thanks / Like

If it smells like salt, strawberries, rubber, leather and musk, it's S-ex. Otherwise, it might be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    If it smells like salt, strawberries, rubber, leather and musk, it's S-ex. Otherwise, it might be something else.
    On me doesn't smell salty at all... also I don't detect any strawberry... but is rubbery, a bit leathery and musky in a kind of 2046 space laboratory way XD

I didn't smelled S-ex but I bet that's the same scent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I just blind bought both S-ex and S-perfume Remix Version 2 and got an additional 100% Love thick sample! Will report back soon with my impressions.
    So what do u think of S-perfume? I really love but I find it a bit light and I get habituated to it really easily

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    So what do u think of S-perfume? I really love but I find it a bit light and I get habituated to it really easily
    I still have to go through it. I saw the whole Shaping Room line during my recent vacation in Berlin where I amassed a ridiculous amount of full bottles and samples. Considering how hard to find are both "vintage" S-ex and S-Perfume over here in Europe I decided to go for an impulse blind buy but it will take some time to get through all the fragrances I got...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here