Code of Conduct

Default Can any of these fragrances be worn in summer?

I was wondering if any of these fragrances can be worn during hot weather/the summer if not could you suggest some alternatives to these fragrances. Please suggest items that can be bought at places like Macy's or Dillards. In advance thanks for your help on this matter

1)Dolche and Gabbana The One
    2)Vera Wang for Men
    3)Calvein Klein Euphoria Intense
    4)Givency Pi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can any of these fragrances be worn in summer?

I don't think they're particularly fresh, so I'd wear them on a summer night, but they may be a bit much on a summer day.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 20th February 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dolce and Gabanna might work more than well. Givenchy Pi, more during a summer night out.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I was wondering if any of these fragrances can be worn during hot weather/the summer if not could you suggest some alternatives to these fragrances. Please suggest items that can be bought at places like Macy's or Dillards. In advance thanks for your help on this matter

1)Dolche and Gabbana The One
    2)Vera Wang for Men
    3)Calvein Klein Euphoria Intense
    4)Givency Pi
    1) - borderline yes, although more of a temperate, cool-ish weather juice IMO
    2) - definitely yes
    3) - yes for non-intense version, intense version may be a bit of a stretch
    4) - top notes yes, drydown will get cloying pretty fast, so net-net, no

difficult to suggest alternatives without knowing a) what you've already investigated but discarded and b) why you picked the above four, as they don't seem to have much in common...

1. I've already discarded anything that smells like Acqua Di Gio. I mean I want a summer fragrance that no one even with the slightest scent knowledge will mistake for Acqua Di Gicrap.

2.)I chose the above four because I like them and I can go into my local Macy's and the fragrances are right there. I am not one to go online and search and ebay and all that. I want to go to the store test it and buy it. So if you can help me out finding a summer fragrance that smells nothing like ADGC. Then I will apperciate it a lot. I am ready to buy but just can't seem to find what I am looking for. Light, Sweet, and readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    1. I've already discarded anything that smells like Acqua Di Gio. I mean I want a summer fragrance that no one even with the slightest scent knowledge will mistake for Acqua Di Gicrap.

2.)I chose the above four because I like them and I can go into my local Macy's and the fragrances are right there. I am not one to go online and search and ebay and all that. I want to go to the store test it and buy it. So if you can help me out finding a summer fragrance that smells nothing like ADGC. Then I will apperciate it a lot. I am ready to buy but just can't seem to find what I am looking for. Light, Sweet, and readily available.
    Might I suggest Acqua di Parma or Eau Sauvage? Both of those fragrances have that fresh, out of the shower sort of soapiness that I identify with summer. Acqua di Parma is extremely versatile. Reminds me of sipping champagne on the beach.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

No. Wearing any of these in summer will cause you to spontaneously combust...
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant