Code of Conduct

Default Why Easter Egg Colors?

This is probably just a rant on my part...but...I hate clothing in Easter Egg colors. You know, those bright pastels like robin's egg blue, Pepto Bismol pink, 'mint' green.
    Do women want to look like little babies? Who wants to look like a 1970's 'mother of the bride'? Do women want to wear this palette in Spring - or any season for that matter? I sure as h*ll don't! I think this calls for a boycott. NO EASTER EGG COLORS ~ OKAY?!

* taking deep breath, inhale...exhale...ah....much better. *
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 21st February 2009 at 12:18 AM.

Default Re: Why Easter Egg Colors?

I adore Easter Egg colors for clothing. I know, I know! I agree about the babyish aspect, but there is just something about those colors. I don't buy clothing in those colors, though, because I look ghastly in pastels.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    You know, those bright pastels like robin's egg blue, Pepto Bismol pink, 'mint' green.
    Do women want to wear this palette in Spring - or any season for that matter?
    Thanks Ubu, you just boycotted my whole wardrobe. I seriously do not own more than two pieces of black clothing, both skirts, and a few pairs of requisite black shoes.
    Besides pastels, the only other colour I wear is red, a lot of red yes but mostly; pink, baby blue, pistachio green, mint green, lemon yellow, peach, celedon, and a few creamy tops. Many khakis, some jeans (very faded).

Maybe we should go shopping someday , I loved being a little girl though, maybe it's a holdover.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 21st February 2009 at 04:37 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I don't buy clothing in those colors, though, because I look ghastly in pastels.
    I too love pastels. For years I tried to wear pale peaches and light blues. And I always looked jaundiced in them. They look good on others. But not on me.

I'm a solid color kind of gal.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

I thought you were going to be commenting on the Sephora flyer: blue hair, teal or taxi-yellow nails, hot pink lips.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/article.jhtml?id=720401

(Yellow, pink, lilac, peach, baby blue, and pale green do not work on me, but they look pretty nice on my mom!)
    Last edited by tang; 21st February 2009 at 05:02 AM.

Oh girls! Sorry for being such a b*tch. Maybe it's my age...or hormones...or knowing my d*cant of Angelique Noire is almost at its' end...sigh.

Not sure why my panties are all in a bunch over this, seems less infuriating after a good nights' sleep . Thanks for listening!

* Brielle ~ I've seen your photo and know you are pretty as a picture! (I'd say red is your color!)
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 21st February 2009 at 01:32 PM.

*Ahem...your icon is in peach Ubuandibeme! Put that girl in some black immediately! Lol. No seriously, I get what you're saying. Pastels aren't for everyone and that seems to be all you can find in the spring. Stores go a little Easter Bunny crazy this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraYvonne View Post
    *Ahem...your icon is in peach Ubuandibeme! Put that girl in some black immediately! Lol. No seriously, I get what you're saying. Pastels aren't for everyone and that seems to be all you can find in the spring. Stores go a little Easter Bunny crazy this time of year.
    That is NOT peach ~ it's orange !!!!!!!

Now, just because I don't care for Easter Egg colors doesn't mean I'm always clad in black. I love a vibrant color palette, alive with patterns and solids with textures, and yes, some black, white, grey, browns ~ neutrals. Pastels are "okay" as an accent I guess...just not a head to toe look!

I like those pink/yellow/mint sorts of colors contrasted with black, dark brown, and dark blue. For example,a light pink t-shirt with a chocolate brown skirt. But otherwise, I'm with you, Ubu, in preferring the more vivid hues. Some people, though, look smashing in those pastels!

Talking Re: Why Easter Egg Colors?

Enjoy!!

odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

THUD

The sound you just heard was my body hitting the floor...

Blog Entries

I love earthtones on myself (slate blue, dark green, maroon/brown, etc) but every once in awhile you'll find me in a bright pastel polo shirt & jeans.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Enjoy!!

And ubu's DH could wear a tie to match!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Since letting my gray hair grow out I've had to rethink my colors. Earth tones are awful on me now. I like red, black, white, and...pastels! Seriously, I'm really loving a pale palette - pale pale pinks, lavenders, blues, aquas, and tints of pale gray, but mostly in shirts and sweaters. For pants/skirts I wear black and neutrals. I do agree with you about one thing, Ubu - nothing looks more godawful than an all over easter color. I once tried on an aqua raincoat and felt exactly like a giant easter egg. Like I should be wearing white patent maryjanes and a hat with a ribbon down the back. Uh...no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    And ubu's DH could wear a tie to match!
    Ack! That tie comes in the worst Easter egg colors mentioned in the beginning of this thread: robin's egg blue, Pepto Bismol pink and the ever-disgusting mint green! PLEASE tell me there is no man alive who would ever wear THAT tie!!! Well, maybe Pat Boone...but didn't he die?... I don't know where you guys find this stuff?!

Sidenote: Lilybelle ~ where did your gorgeous Daniel Craig avatar go...did someone kidnap him from you???

Yup, those are pretty blah ties.
    Let's do it old-school! If we're talking Easter eggs, then let's do PSANKY!

These look good to me.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Now *that's* my kind of Easter Eggs, ody! It'd make a lovely batik dress.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Ody ~ those are fabulous eggs! I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Sidenote: Lilybelle ~ where did your gorgeous Daniel Craig avatar go...did someone kidnap him from you???
    I decided to let him go. I couldn't hold him captive forever.

I saw easter egg door wreaths today at Michaels, Ubu. They made me think of you, lol!

What gorgeous PSANKY! Wow!

Unusual ones and, in fact, anything but red.

As a guy, I actually like to wear pastel colors. The thing is it shoudlnt be overdone, and should only be used as accents (ex: Neutral top and jeans, pastel shoes, or neutral tie and sweater, pastel shirt). Like anything, dont abuse of it.

(slinks away, my widdle Vineyard Vines skirt taunting the others with it's pastel-ness. Come on, it has cocktail glasses on it!)

I actually have a full dresser of Lilly Pulitzer wild printed pastel brights...with a plain white T and natural Chucks, they are my ironically fun choice for summer.

Although, I do get your point. To get away with "baby" colours, I think you need some maturity and/or sass in the cut, print, or accessories.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*