Code of Conduct

Default Beaver Castoreum/Tincture seek help!

Hi all,

Ol' SixCats! here! I hope this note finds everyone well.
    Dear members, today, I acquired (locally) some Maine Beaver Castoreum.
    If someone could please provide me with INSTRUCTIONS on "how to" make
    Beaver Castoreum (Tincture) Perfume Oil, I would be forever greatful!

Best Regards,
    SixCats! aka Tom Patrick

Default Re: Beaver Castoreum/Tincture seek help!

Contact Basenotes member Profumo. His name is AbdesSalaam Attar and he is the creative force behind the La Via del Profumo line of natural fragrances.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st February 2009 at 04:47 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Contact Basenotes member Profumo. His name is AbdesSalaam Attar and he is the creative force behind the La Via del Profumo line of natural fragrances.

I ordered castoreum tincture from La Via del Profumo. Great stuff indeed!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

This thread probably should be moved to the DIY section and you would get more help.

What a delight to see a SixCats returned! And those of us who remember would know that it would be he asking about something as weird as beaver castoreum. Right arm, man!

I'd love to see a few thousand new SixCats posts on men's fragrances, but the truth is I've got to move this one to the DIY forum.

All the best wishes intended, Six!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hi all,

Thank you so very much TWO, PERF and SCENT for your suggestions.
    I will be sure to contact PROFUMO. Hey hey Chris! Good to hear from you my friend.
    I didn't realize you were a Mod. Thanks for moving my thread to where it belongs.
    Well, I must say that I am JAZZED to have acquired some fresh/local BEAVER CASTOREUM .
    Money is TIGHT, so, I am delighted to attempt to make my own Beaver Perfume Oil. I once was very fortunate to have sampled Mr. Abdes Salaam Beaver Tincture and I must tell you all, I was "blown away!" About two years ago, BN member Borisov (aka Sergey) was kind enough to send me a nice little vial of Mr. Adbes Salaam's Beaver Tincture Oil and it is simply one of THE best fragrances I have ever sampled. Earthy, Manly, Leather, Animalistic, yet mellow. I HIGHLY recommend Mr. Adbes Salaam's products. In fact, PROFUMO receives SixCats! highest rating of six Meee-ooows! Living in Maine, I was most fortunate to have acquired some fresh local Beaver Castoreum. I now of course am seeking some
    "help/guidence" in making the Tincture. I sure do not want to ruin/waste this local Castoreum.
    Thanks again all for all your help.

Regards,

SixCats! aka Tom Patrick