Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a respected version of Intuition

I like Intuition for men...I like it ALOT. Kinda my signature.

But I'm feeling insecure about it since most people seem to disparage it as being either common, synthetic, or saccharine....a la Hypnose. I really think people sell Intuition short. But who am I but a know-nothing newbie?

I like Intuition for its warm, sensual, ambery nutmeg...perked up with cucumber aspect.

With that said, can anyone recommend what may be considered a quality version of Intuition? (Obviously not Hypnose...as even an idiot like me knows that's gross).

Default Re: Looking for a respected version of Intuition

Maybe some people knock it because it doesn't work right on their skin. It's hard for people, I think, to be objective about something that doesn't work for them.

It sounds like Intuition works really well for you! Keep rocking it. I've never smelled it but you make it sound enticing. And since it doesn't sound like too many people can wear it, that makes it more uniquely 'your signature,' you know?

In the end, all of our senses are so very unique and subjective, don't let anyone here or there tell you what smells good and what doesn't. That's all you, kid! Trust your own judgement and enjoy the journey.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 22nd February 2009 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    It sounds like Intuition works really well for you! Keep rocking it.
    I agree completely. There are a lot of discussions on Basenotes about fragrances that some of us might feel embarrassed to admit wearing, but that doesn't stop us from wearing them. Follow YOUR nose, not anybody else's.

Thanks Sunnyfunny, all day I'd been hoping someone would respond. And thanks for the pep talk about trusting my own judgement. Unfortunately, as a humble elitist, I do give credence to the refined opinion of experts over my rooky rubish subjectivism.

Well, after consulting The Guide, and reading the review board here at Basenotes, I think I may have my answer to a better Intuition:

Ambre Précieux

If you think it smells good, then you think it smells good, and that's the main reason for wearing it, right?

I know all about your feelings about this. When talking to perfume-experts, -collecters and -lovers, I feel quite small and "mainstream", and I don't like to admit if one of my favourites belongs to the "boring-mainstream-soulless"-crew. But then I realize that that's just my issues, almost every expert I've talked to have said the same thing: if you like it, you like it.

I've always been afraid not to be unique enough, exclusive enough and so on, so if I have to defend my choices of scents (of anything, actually) for myself I usually think "well, I'm actually quite unique and rebellious wearing a scent that is considered 'cheap' or 'common'" .

Well, looking at it from a different perspective may help: liking something like Intuition or Versace PH (which I proudly list in my top 14! ) makes you unique when amongst perfumistas/cologneisseurs.

I'm one of the few who has found most of my real true perfume loves amongst the mass market scents (although some hard to find ones such as Ungaro II) and really do not feel that niche are decidedly better as a whole. It's been said a million times and a million ways but it's really all a matter of what clicks for you. Objectivism is irrelevant in perfumery.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I totally agree....my wardrobe range from dollar store, to drug store, to mass market and a couple of higher line bottles. Are some of them common, yeah, but most aren't because they smell unique on me, and they work. That's what matters. Enjoy your fragrances, and let your own nose be the expert.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74