Code of Conduct

Default help me choose 1 please

YSL L'Homme , Chanel platinum Egoiste, or Prada infusion yes i have smelled them all on paper or magazine and liked them all BUT i can only choose one. which ONE would you choose. thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: help me choose 1 please

Prada Infusion d'Homme or d'Iris?

Either way, you really can't go wrong out of the three. YSL L'Homme is an anytime luscious pineapple fragrance and on the top of the list on my frags left to buy. Platinum Egoiste is classical and aromatic, it screams wealth and sophistication and cash. Prada Infusion d'Homme I have the least experience with out of the three but in my shorthand notes I gave it very high marks!

Given your wardrobe, though, I'd say Platinum Egoiste.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Bluesoul thanks for your reply, it is d Homme

Egoiste is definitely the classiest, but it's also the most formal. L'Homme is very average to me..nothing special. Thus I'd go with the Infusion d'Iris because it's very versatile (and a nice fragrance). Without muddying the waters too much, have you considered Prada Amber Pour Homme or Dior Homme? I'd put those above these other three.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    have you considered Prada Amber Pour Homme or Dior Homme? I'd put those above these other three.
    no i haven't but if they smell better than those , add 2 more to the list.

YSL L'Homme you get more mileage from IMO.

Hate to be the party pooper, but you need to sample the fragrances on your skin. You might want to try your local department store, The Perfumed Court, or Luckyscent.

Good luck to you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    no i haven't but if they smell better than those , add 2 more to the list.
    Prada Amber is a really nice soapy scent, probably my favorite in that theme but that doesn't say much. Dior Homme is, to me, an acquired taste (or smell). I've tried on two or three occasions to "get it" but it never really works like that, it's when you're not thinking about it that it comes to you. I forget who made the initial remark on here but someone mentioned that it smelled like waxy lipstick and I think that's a perfect description.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    YSL L'Homme you get more mileage from IMO.
    thanks Dimitri for your input. when you say mileage do you mean versatile?

I vote for YSL L'Homme too. I think it is rather versatile.

I disliked all three. Platinum Egoiste smelled sour and "dated", I think its the oakmoss, just smells like old guy to me. The ginger and violet in L'Homme is off-putting to my nose, and it doesn't have much body to it otherwise, just soapy. Prada d'homme also just smelled soapy and clean. Unless you meant Prada Amber, which wasn't too bad, very interesting and different with the linen notes and the orange blossom base.

Blog Entries

I'll agree that it's the most versatile but take a look at his wardrobe; he has enough frags that versatility isn't really needed. Thus I stand by Platinum Egoiste in that I believe it's something altogether unique from what you've got.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

my vote goes to l'homme. platinum egoiste is just barely starting to smell outdated, although its definately still good, it has that lingering 90's musk to it. Infusion d'Homme is alright, i guess, but it just smells like soap and nothing else. I doubt it will get any attention or compliments, plus its kinda feminine. L'homme is way more masculine

Is that the Prada that smells like spray starch?

I don't really care for any of the three you've chosen. However, I will say that I appreciate the YSL and the Chanel equally. I would be more inclined to wear the Egoiste more often. It has a sharpness to it the other two don't. I would wear the YSL as a casual frag but don't find it particularly unique. It's definietly a well blended frag and many people seem to think it's fantastic, but it is simply nice and light to me. The Prada is not worth discussing...IMHO. Have fun.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

just a quik update i chose the YSL LHomme and i blind bought the Dior Homme. yea i know i said one but the directory lead me in a different way. the reason i didn't choose the Platinum because i was scared that it was outdated and the Prada didn't get much love. but a BIG THANKS TO ALL for replying. now waiting for UPS.:toppie:

my YSL LHomme came today , wore it for a day and it has already moved to my top 5. now waiting on Dior Homme.

my YSL LHomme came today , wore it for a day and it has already moved to my top 5. now waiting on Dior Homme.
    Great news! Hope Dior Homme is at least as good.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Definitely get the YSL L'homme!!! Platinum Egoiste is (IMHO) not a good scent, and is also tired and somewhat overused. For me the Prada scents just don't satisfy. But YSL can do no wrong. It is true that L'homme is the house's most accessible mainstream scent ever, and I feel that this may be because this scent is targeted to a younger audience than YSL's other scents. Unlike Kouros, Opium, or M7, L'homme doesn't contain any note that can make people shy away. Everything in it works together, nothing stands out above the fray. The scent is well blended and is a lady pleaser. This is of course just my opinion.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Agree with bbBD's assessment. I do have a bro-in-law that wears YSL L'Homme as his signature scent to the office, casual and formal. He's an excutive as well. It's really nice on him.
    Peace ~ Markymark

YSL L'Homme is light, for the warmer months, Infusion d'Homme is a light and powdery "masculine" iris. Both are pretty versatile.

Platinum Egoiste can get sickly sweet if applied too much or in warm weather, but it is quite sophisticated when worn properly.

So what exactly are you looking for in your next purchase? Something with versatility, or something for special occastions.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    YSL L'Homme is light, for the warmer months, Infusion d'Homme is a light and powdery "masculine" iris. Both are pretty versatile.

Platinum Egoiste can get sickly sweet if applied too much or in warm weather, but it is quite sophisticated when worn properly.

So what exactly are you looking for in your next purchase? Something with versatility, or something for special occastions.
    i chose the YSL and Dior Homme. both are in my top 5 of scents BUT Dior is my number1 at the moment. can't stop sniffing

While YSL Homme is a great scent, I'll chose, out of these three, but strictly as a personal and very subjective choice, Egosite Platinum, maybe you would consider giving it a try.

i chose the YSL and Dior Homme. both are in my top 5 of scents BUT Dior is my number1 at the moment. can't stop sniffing
    Good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    While YSL Homme is a great scent, I'll chose, out of these three, but strictly as a personal and very subjective choice, Egosite Platinum, maybe you would consider giving it a try.
    i might consider Platinum down the road, but as of now my shelf is full.