Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Smile Selection Verte - Where to Buy?

Hi All - I am looking to purchase Selection Verte, but at $345 standard retail, that's pretty pricey. Seems as though it could be had for around $200 from FragranceNet and other similar online etailers. Or alternatively, I have seen "testers" - typically 2.5 oz (no box, no cap) available on ebay for @$130 - $150.

With all of the threads about Creed authenticity / freshness, what would be the best route to take? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Selection Verte - Where to Buy?

Seems like a lot of retailers are out of the old Private Collection flacons. eBay is buyer beware. Perhaps other people know of discount sources because I'll the ones I've seen are over $300.

Thanks bbBD -

salonperfume.com, cherrygal.com, luxuryprofile.com all semm to have this for under $200. Of course I have never heard of any of these, however.

Weird, good timing! I was just looking myself, and besides scentiments, which is sold out, it loks like Fragrancenet is your best bet. And to be honest, that's a really good price for the amount of juice you get.

If you see something than our price: xxx (- 55 %) or something, do you really think that you are buying a good quality product?
    Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    If you see something than our price: xxx (- 55 %) or something, do you really think that you are buying a good quality product?
    Beware.
    This is true in regards to some places (i.e ebay), but there are certain websites that have been deemed safe by BN, like scentiments, fragrancenet, scentedmonkey, beautyencounter. For those types of sites they sell genuine frags at very low prices.

Just buy Epicea and find something a bit spearminty to layer with it!

Green Water by Jacques Fath is pretty close to SV. Although I do like SV a bit better. Still, if you can't find or afford SV, Green Water may be the fix. I thought about a flacon myself for the warmer weather coming but I have a decant from the Perfumed Court that's a pretty good size and should carry me through the summer months. If you really want to get it I would go with Fragrancenet.com. They are reputable plus you can get 10% off and free shipping. Been using them for year. Good Luck.

only a question about this,for me this cologne have a very very short life,you have the same reaction?
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

^It's true, that's why I suggest buying a flacon, and re-applying often. Fragrancenet has the newer clear/gold flacons of the private collection, with 15% off and free shp, it comes to 173.57 shipped for a fresh batch with all the citrus intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAGFAN View Post
    Green Water by Jacques Fath is pretty close to SV. Although I do like SV a bit better. Still, if you can't find or afford SV, Green Water may be the fix. I thought about a flacon myself for the warmer weather coming but I have a decant from the Perfumed Court that's a pretty good size and should carry me through the summer months. If you really want to get it I would go with Fragrancenet.com. They are reputable plus you can get 10% off and free shipping. Been using them for year. Good Luck.
    Green Water has two available versions, the 1993 version's topnotes being very close to SV's. The 1993 Green Water has alot of natural high quality oakmoss in it's base, as well as a healthy dose of Basil in it's midnotes, even a little cumin (don't fear, it works), all of which differentiate it from SV. The 2008 Green Water has almost no oakmoss or Basil, and absoliutely no cumin. The Neroli/Orange Blossom is what sits under the SV topnotes in the new Green Water, I would say the new green water is a mix of selection verte (minus the clove) and Maitre's Eau Pour Le Jeune homme.

Thanks all. I pulled the trigger and went with Fragrance net. As for longevity, I second Dullah. I find that many of the citrus frags are a bit light on longevity, but I typically carry a sample vial of my SOTD, and simply reapply regularly.

Thanks again.

I just bought a backup flacon of Selection Verte from Fragrancenet.com, and it should be here tomorrow or tuesday.

I was actually hoping for the older green bottle! Oh well. At least I'll know it's fresh if I get the clear bottle.

I'll let you know if there's anything wrong with it.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

You guys bought it all up!

Fragrancenet now shows "Creed Selection Verte is currently out of stock."

Congrats all!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost