Code of Conduct

Default Maitre's Garrigue (1988)...the original Fierce/Curve/Platinum Egoiste.

The drydown of Garrigue must have been the influence for all of the mentioned scents. Aside from topnotes which are slightly too bitter, it's another masterpiece from MPG.

Thoughts ?

Default Re: Maitre's Garrigue (1988)...the original Fierce/Curve/Platinum Egoiste.

I wanna try it real bad, had it in my to try list for ever, but other than TPC I don't know where to sample it.

Default Re: Maitre's Garrigue (1988)...the original Fierce/Curve/Platinum Egoiste.

If anything, it reminded me of the same style scent as Halston Z-14, which I also like.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 23rd February 2009 at 07:18 AM.

I read 'the original PE' and now my interest is piqued.

Thanks, Dullah, you have a great interest in green scents. I too have wanted to try Garrigue, I like the name. But am I correct that the MPG scent Garrigue does not really have a "garrigue" sort of profile, namely citrus-resinous herbs (thyme, rosemary)-warm earth?
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I just ordered a sample from Aedes, I really hope this is as good as I expect it to be. Plus, it is my foray in to MPG.

@Oddysseum ^It is very much garrigue, very resinous and green in a masculine way.
    It opens very aromatic, bitter, astringent "citrusy" opening, too bitter for me.
    But then it unfolds into the most natural and rich version of the 3 scents I've listed.
    Not as aldehydic/synthetic/sheer as Platinum egoiste, but sharing the exact same signature/profile, especially after the two dry down. Garrigue is warmer and less stand-offish than Chanel PE. Not as synthetic as Curve or Fierce, but again, sharing the exact same olfactory profile, and identical in levels of musky-sweetness to both. The longevity is as good as fierce or Platinum egoiste as well, further bolstering my suspicions. If you have smelled all 3 (Fierce/Curve/PE), be prepared for a more natural and slightly more masculine version of these 3, once the first minute of bitters/tonic burns off. It is a very distinct scent and theme, unmistakable. The quality level and blending is very high, as always from Maitre.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 23rd February 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks very much for that answer, Dullah. I really respect your knowledge of green scents.
    I know Z-14 and PE, and find things to like in each. I am now even more interested in MPG Garrigue, I'll keep looking. Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas