Code of Conduct

Default Sample Recs for Luscious Cargo

Ok guys, I need your help. I've never bought anything through Lusciouscargo, but I would like to take advantage of their sample policiy of 8 for 21, seems good to me. There are a bunch of houses I know of but many I have never heard of or explored. Can you guys give me some recs to fill up the 8 slots. I like green, aromatic, fresh, etc. but am open to any suggestion. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 23rd February 2009 at 01:33 PM.

Default Re: Sample Recs for Luscious Cargo

I ordered samples from them before and they completely ignored my order and subsequent inquiries...horrible customer services.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I ordered samples from them before and they completely ignored my order and subsequent inquiries...horrible customer services.
    Yes, I would recommend calling them if you plan on ordering. Their website falsely shows things as in stock.

As far as samples go, I would recommend the mens Divine offerings Sage & Coeur. Could samples some Fracas to get to know tuberose too?
    Last edited by teger; 23rd February 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Good to know, I actually decided at the last second, that I would use Aedes to order the samples, because there were more things that interested me there, and it was slightly cheaper. In the end, I ended up getting:

Annick Goutal: Eau du Sud
    By Kilian: Prelude to Love
    Carthusia: IO Capri
    L'Artisan: Fleur de Liane
    Maitre Perfumeur et Gantier: Garrigue
    Parfums Delrae: Eau Illuminee
    Santa Maria Novella: Nostalgia

Many of the above, I have either heard a lot of good things about, or have been on the "to try" list for a while. Hopefully I get a couple of winners in there.

Sorry to hear you had that experience! I've only had wonderful experiences with them. Marcy and team is a pleasure to work with and they're totally great to talk to. Her packaging is pretty fantastic too - dried flowers, lavender, sachets, etc. You should try to give them a call and see what happened - I'm sure it was an accident

I actually ordered a sample set last night after being reminded of it by this thread. Hopefully it'll arrive soon - turns out the owner of it lives right up the road from me!

Anyways, here's what I ordered:

|A*MAZE Perfume The People of The Labyrinths

|Luctor et Emergo Perfume The People of The Labyrinths

|Luctor et Emergo Eau de Toilette The People of The Labyrinths

|Ambre Precieux MPG

|Centaure EDT MPG

|Parfum D'Habit MPG

|Santal Noble Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

|Tabacco i Profumi di Firenze

They've also got The Different Company fragrances (Bois d'Iris, Rose Poivree). The MPGs and SMNs people suggested are very good.

I literally sent them 3 or 4 emails, and even from different accounts to make sure there wasn't a technical issue. The last email was telling them how much their customer service sucked, and they didn't even acknowledge it.

I posted my concerns at the time, and heard numerous stories that were similar...when there are so many great online perfume shops out there, I have a hard time making a 2nd attempt at one that offered such poor services...it's unacceptable. Aedes, Luckyscent, Four Seasons, and Beauty Habit all offer the same brands and are easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Sorry to hear you had that experience! I've only had wonderful experiences with them. Marcy and team is a pleasure to work with and they're totally great to talk to. Her packaging is pretty fantastic too - dried flowers, lavender, sachets, etc. You should try to give them a call and see what happened - I'm sure it was an accident

I actually ordered a sample set last night after being reminded of it by this thread. Hopefully it'll arrive soon - turns out the owner of it lives right up the road from me!

Anyways, here's what I ordered:

|A*MAZE Perfume The People of The Labyrinths

|Luctor et Emergo Perfume The People of The Labyrinths

|Luctor et Emergo Eau de Toilette The People of The Labyrinths

|Ambre Precieux MPG

|Centaure EDT MPG

|Parfum D'Habit MPG

|Santal Noble Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

|Tabacco i Profumi di Firenze