Code of Conduct

Default Costume National 21 vs Scent

I am curious if anyone has both of these and could compare... I have 21 and love it so have been debating picking up Scent (not Scent Intense)... but I have read a couple times on here that people thought it was too feminine for a man to wear. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Popgeer; 23rd February 2009 at 05:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Costume National 21 vs Scent

Neither Scent nor Scent Intense is "feminine". The others in the Scent series are, but not Scent or Scent Intense.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I wear scent intense and IMHO it is a stretch to call it feminine. 21 is actually a "softer-smoother" fragrance than scent intense.

Have a scan through these two reviews Ive done on my blog.

http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/s...ume%20National

Dimitri - Great reviews! I actually read your review of 21 just before I bought it.... CN owes you a commission

I am more curious about Scent (their 1st one) not Scent Intense - which I'm sure I'm going to buy soon.
    Last edited by Popgeer; 23rd February 2009 at 06:03 AM.

I've only tried 21. It smelled great at first, but I got very little development. Within an hour or so, I was both bored and a bit irritated (due to its strength). It was too lacking in dynamism for me to consider a FB. I should sample it again, but I really didn't find the first sampling pleasant enough to go back to it.

You're welcome popgeer And thanks

Scent is a lot like Intense, but with the volume turned down. I think Intense is quite dramatic and heavier on the amber and fruity accords, whereas Scent focuses more on the hibiscus/floral accords. They are very similar in many ways, but I find Intense the more unisex of the two.

I dont know about Scent but Scent Intense stands out more than 21. 21 is nice creamy scent. It's so wearable at home and has a lovely smell. Scent Intense is still my favourite but it's not so easily wearable.
    Last edited by klimax; 26th January 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Please stop spamming the site by reviving every thread on the same topic!

Due to an attempt to simultaneously raise all the Costume National 21 threads from their ancient slumber, this thread has been locked so it can RIP once more. If there's any reason why you think it should be opened back up, PM one of the mods.

If you want to revive a discussion from a few years ago, fine. No need to revive them all though