Code of Conduct

Default Oh the frag-manity!

I went back the past month and looked up all the threads with similar titles. Here's a list.

Burberry Touch vs Guerlain Homme
    Costume National 21 vs Scent
    Burberry Brit men vs Carolina Herrera Chic for men
    Varvatos Original vs Vintage vs Burberry London
    Tuscany vs Azzaro pour Homme
    Blenheim Bouquet vs. YSL pour homme
    Creed's VIW vs. MPG's Bahiana
    Escada Moon Sparkle vs. Aqua Di Gio
    Dior Homme vs. Dior Homme (ps best thread ever)
    Dior Homme vs Fleur du Male
    REPULSIVE: Rive Gauche +/- Intense vs M7??
    Allure Homme vs Burberry Brit
    Dior Homme vs. FUBU Plush for men
    Guerlain Homme -vs- YSL L'Homme
    Polo Double Black -vs- Lolita Lempicka
    Santa Fe & PS by Paul Sebastian
    azzaro chrome VS azzaro visit
    Chanel Coromandel vs Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 (Battle of Sheldrake's Chocochouli Duo)
    L'Artisans Ambre Extreme vs. L'Occitane Ambre ?
    10$ Avon Mesmerize (men) VS Musc Ravageur
    Red vetyver vs. TdH
    Woods of Windsor vs. Blenheim Bouquet
    Escada magnetism for men VS Chic for men
    Azzaro Pour Homme vs Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
    Havana vs. Cuba vs. Acqua di Cuba?
    Annick Goutal Duel vs. Gucci PH II
    Baldessarini EdC vs. Michael (Kors) for Men ?

Can anyone tell me who won these epic battles? Or do we just brutally pit these fragrances against each other like they have no feelings? Someone save these poor fragrances before it's too late! They can get along if we set our differences aside.

Default Re: Oh the frag-manity!

Perhaps we could have a round robin tournament, so that all the fragrances can play each other once. We did have one thread that read "Men v Women", and that did intrigue me, I even thought I might attend that one in person

Round one. Fight!
    Current rotation: Dior Homme, Rochas Man, A*men, Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, L'instant pour homme (EDT and EDP)

Curious about: M7, M7 Fresh, Rive Gauche, Desir de Rochas, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Talking Re: Oh the frag-manity!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post

Can anyone tell me who won these epic battles? Or do we just brutally pit these fragrances against each other like they have no feelings? Someone save these poor fragrances before it's too late! They can get along if we set our differences aside.
    LOL, it is pretty ridiculous. Almost comical, really. In my mind I'm reminded of those SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! commercials .

Nice work with the pic :toppie:

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    Perhaps we could have a round robin tournament, so that all the fragrances can play each other once. We did have one thread that read "Men v Women", and that did intrigue me, I even thought I might attend that one in person
    Round robin tournament? Sounds good. Followed by a "no rules" elimination round. I would imagine individual fragrances themselves would have to qualify for this. I'm not just willing to hand over prime tournament spots over to undeserving fragrances. Of course, the home squad would automatically qualify ( which would that one be ?)
    Last edited by Surfacing; 23rd February 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: add

It's certainly high time for celebrity fragrance deathmatch. I would love to see Parker's Lovely shatter Hilton's Just Me to threads with a deadly double-left spray.

As to the thread names, maybe we can change them to:
    Burberry London v. Azzaro pour homme 347 B.N. 483 (2009) - like a classy Supreme Court case.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Well I created the Creed VIW vs. MPG Bahiana thread and after checking the poll yesterday, it was tied before I voted for Bahiana. So I can say that this result is tied.

That graphic is absolutely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    It's certainly high time for celebrity fragrance deathmatch. I would love to see Parker's Lovely shatter Hilton's Just Me to threads with a deadly double-left spray.
    With Chandler Burr interfering with a chair to help Parker with the win. New York 4 Life !

Basenotes Institution

I'm thinking Pay-Per-View should get in on this, right?!

[CENTER]
    There is no pitting, there are no feelings, they can all get along if they like because the truth is........

Knize Ten came in and trounced them all

At least these modern matches have only two fragrances in the cage at a time. Wicozani used to fill a stadium with aggressive, pungent vetiver frags and and then force exotic animalics and non-Basenoters into the melee. The boards would be slick with blood for weeks and MUA visitors vomited at the stench. Some of the old timers will still get caught off guard by a whiff of Route du Vetiver (before, you know, the reformulation) and burst into hysterics, have to be tranquilized with heavy gourmands. It was pandemonium. This is nothing.

Well, I started a thread about Guerlain Homme vs. Chanel Allure Edition Blanche. I am happy to report that Guerlain Homme won (by a hair) and now I am the proud owner of a full bottle. But please, keep it down, don't tell Chanel, after all, it is supposed to be my favorite perfume house, and also I am probably one of the few who likes the original Allure. Somehow I feel guilty and I know that I have to make it up to Chanel by buying a full bottle of something.
    Evenstar

What with the Photoshopping and researching and list making, I'm thinking you have way too much time on your hands, SS.

I like the Celebrity Fragrance Death Match concept! Brittany vs. Paris! Liz Taylor vs. Kate Jackson! Let the games begin!

p.s. Excellent pic, SS. Positively photosurrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm thinking Pay-Per-View should get in on this, right?!
    HAR!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 24th February 2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Love the graphic

[... though I'd have been tempted to use an Escentric Molecules 01 bottle. You can never have too many atomic number in-jokes, I say...]
    Last edited by simisker; 24th February 2009 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    What with the Photoshopping and researching and list making, I'm thinking you have way too much time on your hands, SS.

I like the Celebrity Fragrance Death Match concept! Brittany vs. Paris! Liz Taylor vs. Kate Jackson! Let the games begin!

p.s. Excellent pic, SS. Positively photosurrealistic.

HAR!
    I love the celebrity death match ideas. When I have too much time on my hands again (this only took five minutes to look up those threads and make the pic) I might do that! Thanks to the_good_life for the original idea

Well, I guess Dior Homme won at least the "Dior Homme vs Dior Homme"... or not.

Good thing the RG bottle is made of metal.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Good thing the RG bottle is made of metal.

TNMA
    The bottle I have have is cheap, thin aluminum can type metal with a flammable liquid inside.