Code of Conduct

Question Villoresi Uomo & Creed Epicea

I'm not so familiar with Epicea, but Villoresi's Uomo I am quite a fan of and wear regularly.

Anyone notice similarities between Epicea and Uomo, or is my nose just way off on this one?

Default Re: Villoresi Uomo & Creed Epicea

This is an interesting match-up, but I have to say that I can't see any similarity.
    LV Uomo is an utterly gorgeous, vetiver-centered scent. Sparkling and suave, very social.
    Creed Epicea is a smoky, pine-centered and herbal scent. More a scent of solitude.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I'll need to wear a spray on each arm and contrast - and I absolutely agree with you that LV Uomo is a social scent, great description! It's certainly a "go to" fragrance for a lot of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    This is an interesting match-up, but I have to say that I can't see any similarity.
    LV Uomo is an utterly gorgeous, vetiver-centered scent. Sparkling and suave, very social.
    Creed Epicea is a smoky, pine-centered and herbal scent. More a scent of solitude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydg View Post
    I'll need to wear a spray on each arm and contrast - and I absolutely agree with you that LV Uomo is a social scent, great description! It's certainly a "go to" fragrance for a lot of occasions.
    If i remember correctly a member here included a 5ml decant of LV uomo when I bought a scent from him. I tried it and did not find it pleasing at all...too "old manish." Now that my nose has matured a bit I think I'll go back and give it a couple more wears.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

you chose the exact word i wanted to use Odyss- Sparkling!!! infact when i saw this thread thts the first thing that came to mind. even otherwise, no comparison imho too...

LV Uomo is extremely complex and intriguing. I used to smell ginger but strangely not anymore, but a hint of pepper. Certainly has vetiver smell as well.

Last edited by abc1234; 26th February 2009 at 06:27 AM.

Both Uomo and Epicea have a pine scent that is similar. Other than the pine fragrance they have in common, they are pretty different fragrances. Epicea is more a pure pine fragrance and Uomo has pineal oils from juniper, sage, laurel but finishes with a sandalwood/patchouli/musk traditional ending. Uomo is much easier to wear than Epicea.

That is a very interesting analysis, Buzzlepuff. On my skin, the vetiver in LV Uomo dominates, I think of it as a complex vetiver scent (with those other notes framing it).
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Indeed I would say the vetiver dominates - 'vetiver bourbon', which I believe is one of Villoresi's signature notes.

I notice it in Spezie, Incensi and (of course) Vetiver. At least this is what I think ties these 4 fragrances together?

That is a very interesting analysis, Buzzlepuff. On my skin, the vetiver in LV Uomo dominates, I think of it as a complex vetiver scent (with those other notes framing it).

Anthonydg's thread asks what do Uomo and Epicea have in common? and to me it is the green wood opening notes. Both just smell piney especialy during the first few hours. Other than this simialrity I really don't think they are very much alike at all. The opening first impression of Uomo is very green woods from the juniper and sage oils. Luca Turin in The Guide calls LV Uomo "woody incense", "pleasantly dry and transparent, and not bad at all. ***. The drydown keeps this green feeling but gets very traditional and dense with a patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver drydown. I sometimes think of Uomo as a vetiver fragrance too but, juniper and sage added to vetiver keeps that green pine wood feel of LV Uomo that reminds me a bit of Creed's Epicea. Epicea is more a pine woods fragrance throughout, but the green woods are where they find their kinship.

Buzzlepuff, your comments have certainly motivated me to work Uomo into the rotation list! I look forward to that. Cheers,
    odysseusm

I want to thank Buzzlepuff for his comments, and compliment him on his discerning nose. I'm wearing Uomo today, and he's right, there are evergreen notes in it -- I hadn't noticed them before. Being alerted to them, I could detect them. For me however, they are very brief. The notes that dominate on my skin are citrus in the opening (which is delightful) and then vetiver pretty quickly, framed by the other elements. The citrus is what makes it so sparkling, along with some of the fresh evergreen notes.
    odysseusm

Odysseum - I think you've just influenced my choice for SOTD again after such vivid descriptions of Uomo.

I won't take credit for having a discerning sniffer, though. I often need to heavily evaluate a fragrance over many wears in order to pick up on similarities.

I want to thank Buzzlepuff for his comments, and compliment him on his discerning nose. I'm wearing Uomo today, and he's right, there are evergreen notes in it -- I hadn't noticed them before. Being alerted to them, I could detect them. For me however, they are very brief. The notes that dominate on my skin are citrus in the opening (which is delightful) and then vetiver pretty quickly, framed by the other elements. The citrus is what makes it so sparkling, along with some of the fresh evergreen notes.

Uomo is indeed an amazing fragrance. Seems so simple but is in fact so complex...

Also, it absolutely perfectly balanced, and lasts nicely as well. A great one.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V