Code of Conduct

Default Turtle Vetiver by Les Nez

Anyone had a chance to sample this one?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Turtle Vetiver by Les Nez

I was wondering the same thing. I'm secretly hoping some vetiver lover (like jock_with_scents) will buy it blind so I can live vicariously through their blind buy.

Helg reviewed it on Perfume Shrine and said about it, '...In a way I am envisioning a cross between the nautical, iodine-rich Vetyver of Annick Goutal and the craggy, wet cobblestones of Vetiver Extraordinaire...'
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th February 2009 at 02:24 AM.

I am a wimpy vetiver lover....this one is too manly man for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I am a wimpy vetiver lover....this one is too manly man for me.
    Does that mean you've sampled it? Or does that mean the description sounds way over the top manly man?

I haven't sampled it. I did read a couple of blogs, and from the description it sounds too harsh and earthy for my taste. I am not a fan of LV - Vetiver, MPG - Route de Vetiver, FM - Vetiver Extraordinaire, Dawn Spencer Hirwitz - Vetyver, Santa Maria Novella - Vetiver, Different Company - Sel de Vetiver, Annick Goutal - Vetiver. This one sounds like it is an aquired taste, hence, my comments.

I no longer struggle to understand a scent, or work myself into liking it. If it doesn't transport me the first time I sniff it, then I know there is no future for us. I know this from my experience on basenotes, and have come to peace with it. I will certainly sniff it maybe one day, but from the comparison and blogs, I probably will not like it.

I prefer a more blended and restrained vetiver fragrance I guess. Vetiver as the predominant player is just a struggle for me...I am a vetiver wannabe! I parade as a vetiver lover, but really I am just a wimp that cannot take the real thing.

Sorry this was slightly off topic, but was responding to you and MikePerez23.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 25th February 2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: grammer and spelling yee haw!!

I haven't sampled it. I did read a couple of blogs, and from the description it sounds to harsh and earthy for my taste. I am not a fan of LV - Vetiver, MPG - Route de Vetiver, FM - Vetiver Extraordinaire, Dawn Spencer Hirwitz - Vetyver, Santa Maria Novella - Vetiver, Different Company - Sel de Vetiver, Annick Goutal - Vetiver. This one sounds like it is an aquired taste, hence, my comments.

I no longer struggle to understand a scent, or work myself into liking it. If it doesn't transport me the first time I sniff it, then I know there is no future for us. I know this from my experience on basenotes, and have come to peace with it. I will certainly sniff it maybe one day, but from the comparison and blogs, I probably will not like it.

I prefer a more blended and restrained vetiver fragrance I guess. Vetiver as the predominant player is just a struggle for me...I am a vetiver wannabe! I parade as a vetiver lover, but really I am just a wimp that cannot take the real thing.

Sorry this was slightly off topic, but was responding to you and MikePerez23.
    My tastes in Vetiver mirrors yours. I don't think I'll like Turtle. I still couldn't resist smelling Turtle, so I ordered a sample. I'll let you guys know what I think next week.

Basenotes Institution

...I am a vetiver wannabe! I parade as a vetiver lover, but really I am just a wimp that cannot take the real thing...
    That part made me giggle. I'm gonna get you a shirt that reads 'I am a vetiver wannabe'.

Please post your thoughts on the scent when you sample it thebeck - this scent was on my mind last night and when I was sleeping last night it came up in my dreams (weird).

Robin on NowSmellThis just did a review on it here:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...5/4104342.html

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Robin on NowSmellThis just did a review on it here:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...5/4104342.html
    Thanks for the info. Robins review has me excited.

It is a magnificent Vetiver. It isn't pretty, but then again it isn't too earthy. The way that Isabelle has composed it, makes it a multifaceted gem. On first application, I got a very strong vetiver scent and then that faded quickly and a softer floral note emerged, only to be replaced again by the lovely vetiver. I can see where the Turtle part comes in because the vetiver keeps hiding itself inside it's shell and then emerging again.

If you're a vetiver lover, this is a must buy.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I've only worn Turtle Vetiver once but found it to be very much in the same league as my favorite vetivers: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Annick Goutal's, Givenchy's & Sycamore. It is absolutely a 'must try' for those who love vetiver.

Would anyone know where one might purchase this online?

It looks like it's available for order on Les Nez's website. 50ml size bottles at 60.4 Euros ($99 U.S.). They have samples too.

http://www.lesnez.com/shop/shop/USER...3&kat_aktiv=53

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    I've only worn Turtle Vetiver once but found it to be very much in the same league as my favorite vetivers: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Annick Goutal's, Givenchy's & Sycamore. It is absolutely a 'must try' for those who love vetiver.

Would anyone know where one might purchase this online?
    "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better" - Robert Redford