Code of Conduct

Default Alternative to Ava Luxe's Madeline

I am crazy about Ava Luxe's Madeline, a limited-edition Xmas fragrance from a few years back. I love the spices, the woods, the milky vanilla. On my skin it even has a hint of leather. It's just gorgeous. Here are the notes: Arabian musk, precious woods, vanilla bourbon and amber perfectly blended with fig, liquorice and milk notes and topped with a warming mix of brandy and spices.

Sadly, Serena isn't making it anymore, so I will have to choose something else from her range that is as close as possible. What do you suggest? (Of course, if someone has a bottle lying around that they don't want, PM me and I"ll buy it off you!)

I have currently narrowed it down to this shortlist (with Serena's notes listed):
    Noel Blanc: ozone, midnight air, woods, white chocolate, berries, spices, cashmere essences, soft white musk and creamy vanilla.
    Amande Sucre: bitter almond, apricot, almond milk, vanilla, cream, heliotrope, sandalwood.
    Turkish Vanilla: Vanilla bean, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Ambrette seed, Sandalwood, Amber.
    Vamp : Oriental spices, Amber, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Vanilla, Cashmere musk.

I know I should order samples from The Perfumed Court before I go and commit myself to buying a bottle, but I'm looking for guidance here, so have you smelled these and what do you think? Feel free to suggest others in her range - I already have Love's True Bluish Light!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Smile Re: Alternative to Ava Luxe's Madeline

OMG I've been jonesing for Madeline for some time. Maybe we can start a letter writing campaign to Serena imploring her to bring it back (I've never smelled it, but loving gourmands and vanilla, it seems right up my alley)!!
    I've tried Noel Blanc--it's lovely but a very cool gourmand. Not warm at all--I think it was the ozonic notes that chilled it out for me.
    I have Amande Sucre and I love it. A very strongly almond scent, sweet and warm.
    I also have Turkish Vanilla which is a terrific vanilla-centric scent. It smells musky though musk isn't listed, and reminds me a bit of Love's True Bluish Light. PM me if you want to try these before you buy! I also have Loukhoum, Milk, Ambra Tibet and Madame X (woah...seems I'm becoming an Ava Luxe groupie!).

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    I am crazy about Ava Luxe's Madeline, a limited-edition Xmas fragrance from a few years back. I love the spices, the woods, the milky vanilla. On my skin it even has a hint of leather. It's just gorgeous. Here are the notes: Arabian musk, precious woods, vanilla bourbon and amber perfectly blended with fig, liquorice and milk notes and topped with a warming mix of brandy and spices.

Sadly, Serena isn't making it anymore, so I will have to choose something else from her range that is as close as possible. What do you suggest? (Of course, if someone has a bottle lying around that they don't want, PM me and I"ll buy it off you!)

I have currently narrowed it down to this shortlist (with Serena's notes listed):
    Noel Blanc: ozone, midnight air, woods, white chocolate, berries, spices, cashmere essences, soft white musk and creamy vanilla.
    Amande Sucre: bitter almond, apricot, almond milk, vanilla, cream, heliotrope, sandalwood.
    Turkish Vanilla: Vanilla bean, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Ambrette seed, Sandalwood, Amber.
    Vamp : Oriental spices, Amber, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Vanilla, Cashmere musk.

I know I should order samples from The Perfumed Court before I go and commit myself to buying a bottle, but I'm looking for guidance here, so have you smelled these and what do you think? Feel free to suggest others in her range - I already have Love's True Bluish Light!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Alternative to Ava Luxe's Madeline

IMO there is nothing that smells like Madeline. That scent has been haunting me too Wordbird - it was love at first sniff. I hate falling in love with discontinued scents.

Silliest girl...
    I will send you my bottle, soon.

There is also, The Big Chai- aka, Kenzo's Jungle Elephant.
    Not the same, though- not quite.
    Not to worry.
    Mama will send, with other geschenks-du-jour for my Welsh poppet....

Mikey, it's true, you really ARE my scent twin! (Any chance you've been getting interested in Lavender recently, in case there's some spooky esp thang going on here?)

Chaya - you, lady, are a lifesaver! Mille Grazi, Tante Baci!

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Have to say though, Jungle Elephant didn't do it for me.
    I think it's the milky thing with Madeline. Don't know.
    I keep begging Serena to make some more though!

Basenotes Institution

I'm wearing this tonight (the parfum) and it's just so gorgeous. The thing about it is, it doesn't smell the least feminine to my nose. It's just straight up milk, smoke and spices. Eggnog on fire! One tiny spray to my chest and I am seriously chilling here at my computer. I love this stuff - it sort of puts me in the Autumn Mood for sure.

I'd love to smell this in an EdT which might not be so...rich.

summer means fireflys

Madeline is once again available for pre-order here. I think it is only available for a limited time.

Basenotes Institution

Oh cool - thanks for the link S!

Mike, "eggnog on fire"? Sounds fantastic!!! Shades, thanks for the info. I'm tempted to order it blind after all I've heard.

Edit: OK, Ava Luxe fans, is it best to get the perfume oil, the extrait, or the EdP? I only have Midnight Violet, I think in the EdP.