Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Thumbs up Neil Morris Nominated for FiFi!

I "just" received the following email from Neil Morris:

"Hi Christine!

I can't WAIT to see you in April!! I need an RHM HUG!

I just wanted to let you know that we've been nominated for a FIFI
    Award for Neil Morris For Takashimaya!!! We're very excited! Here's
    the press release.

Love to you and yours,

Neil"

I'm just going to copy & past the entire press release here for you to read:

"Contact: Maryanne Keeney
    Maryanne Keeney Public Relations
    Maryanne@mkpr.net
    617-848-8805

THE FRAGRANCE FOUNDATION NOMINATES NICHE FRAGRANCE DESIGNER
    NEIL MORRIS FOR FiFi AWARD
    - Perfumer’s ‘Takashimaya New York’ Fragrance Recognized in Unique Boutique category; Awards are May 27 in New York City -

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – (February 2009) – The Fragrance Foundation (www.fragrance.org) announced that Neil Morris Fragrances was nominated for a 2009 FiFi Award in the Unique Boutique category for perfume, Neil Morris for Takashimaya New York. Each year The Fragrance Foundation honors the fragrance industry's highest creative achievements. Unique Boutique recognizes fragrances that are available in 50 retail doors or less. Also nominated in the category are fragrances launched by Guerlain, Coty Prestige, Christian Dior Parfums, Chanel and Tom Ford Beauty.

“To a perfumer, particularly an independent perfumer, the FiFi’s are the highest achievement in the industry. I’m thrilled and honored to be included in this esteemed category with these industry icons,” said Neil Morris, a perfume designer for more than 30 years with a focus on private label and individual clients. “Takashimaya was a wonderful project. My vision was to capture the beauty and serenity of the Japanese culture and incorporate the stylish sophistication of Fifth Avenue.” Morris added that he looks forward to collaborating with other revered groups on perfumes that excite and inspire.

Neil Morris for Takashimaya New York opens with top notes of Black Currant, Mandarin, Bergamot and Aldehydes for a sparkling and fresh introduction. Heart notes include Plum Blossom, Jasmine Tea, Japanese Cherry Blossom, Bamboo and Dossinia Orchid, accented with the passionate scent of Narcissus. A precious base note of Cedar is enriched with accents of Oak, Tonka, Orris and Oud for a warm, sophisticated finale.

"Takashimaya New York strives to source and nurture true artists within their industry,” says Virginia Haygood General Merchandising Manager at Takashimaya New York. “The FiFi nomination is a tribute to Neil’s high-level artisanship that’s evident in all of his fragrances. We couldn’t be more pleased to have asked Neil to create a signature fragrance."

About Neil Morris
    Founded in 2005, Neil Morris Fragrances is synonymous with exotic sophistication and smoldering style. Fragrance designer Neil Morris has created custom fragrances for individual clients, private label for companies, and special occasions. His scents are praised for their rich, bold, and evocative notes. In addition to his custom business, Morris has a line of Signature Scents and “Vault” fragrances. His eight Signatures Scent retail for $95 for a two-ounce spray bottle of parfum and are available at select boutiques including Takashimaya New York. His “Vault” fragrances retail for $125 and represent a collection for the true fragrance adventurer. Both can be found online at www.neilmorrisfragrances.com. Neil Morris’ blog, fragrantdreams.blogspot.com provides a forum for communicating with perfume fans. For more information, visit www.neilmorrisfragrances.com. NOTE TO EDITORS: JPGs and samples available."

Congratulations, Neil!!!
    Last edited by RHM; 25th February 2009 at 01:58 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Default Re: Neil Morris Nominated for FiFi!

Right on! Now I must add Takashimaya to my test list!! Congratulations to Neil for the well-deserved recognition. Of course I think he should have been nominated for October which is one of my favorite comfort scents!!

That is Awesome News!
    I am a huge fan of theis scent and I am so glad to see Neil getting this recognition as I obviously think he's great.
    Congratulations Neil!
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 25th February 2009 at 05:24 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Yes, this is good news. I have not sniffed this scent yet, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Congratulations! What great news!

This is fabulous! I hope he wins!

Great news for a great guy !

I'm so pleased for him. You know, he's not just very talented. He's an absolute doll!

Hi to all my friends at Basenotes!

We are so excited about the nomination and we couldn't have done it without the wonderful support from all of you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I look so forward to meeting those of you I haven't met yet!!!

Love, Neil

Neil my darling, let this be just one out of the many, many awards you will (and should) win. In this day and age when Guerlain and Caron have sunk to the level they have sunk to, pandering muck to the masses, you are a beacon of light and creativity. I feel you are what a parfumeur should be, in the way of the great innovators of a century ago. You create things that are not only au courant, but things that could be sent back in a time machine and adored 40, 50, even 90 years ago. You have realized a perfume does not have to be weird, nor funky, nor smell like a rotten pair of undies to be cutting edge; you give us beauty in a bottle, something great in its uniqueness and its simplicity...yet never regarded as simple.
    Bravo my love, bravo!!!!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source