Code of Conduct

Default Need opinions on what might fit the bill...

I am just curious which fragrances come to mind for everyone when thinking of a man's scent that could be described as "Classic" yet also "Modern", "Smooth" and "Sexy"...something that is masculine, however not overly macho and with lasting power, good projection, sillage, etc. Any ideas?

Default Re: Need opinions on what might fit the bill...

Rive Gauche Pour Homme perhaps. I haven't tried it myself, but Polo Modern Reserve could fit that bill. As a fan of the original Polo, I really need to check it out myself.
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

There is probably a little too much plum or sweeter fruit notes in the original Varvatos for you to think of it as a, "classic". Vintage Varvatos certainly fills your modern requirement, it is smooth, and according to at least a few women I know passes for sexy. It's not really old enough to stand out as a "classic" but then again, what does that imply in your question?

Someone has to say Terre d'Hermes.

L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Possibly Burberry Brit for Men (although I'm not convinced myself); and perhaps Lagerfeld Photo.

I think Creed's Santal Imperial is a wonderful classic scent that is still relevant today. It has been around since 1850. It is a rich sandalwood with bergamot at the front and ambergris at the finish- warm and inviting. I find it to be sexy in a very classic way- it is handsome like a crisp white shirt. I also am partial to Creed's Himalaya which also has sandalwood and bergamot and a lot of ambergris at the end but it has a neat little pepper kick that is appealing. Silage is just right.
    Another classic men's fragrance that still holds up is Chanel Pour Monsieur (around since 1955). Lemon and neroli at the opening followed by warm cedar- again classic and handsome. I do find that it doesn't last all that long on my husband.
    One more worth sniffing is Acqua di Parma Colonia (formulated in 1916). It is fresh, opening with bergamot but then the scent develops with a masculine lavender. I find it to be well rounded and also still interesting enough to be worn by a modern man today.

Hillaire

Bulgari Black

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...much appreciated!

Dior Homme!
    unico grande amore.

Chanel Pour Monseur 1955
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~