Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default His and Hers combinations-- do you and your guy ever wear complementary scents?

Do you ever decide together what to wear so you won't clash? Perhaps wearing similar notes or even the same scent when you go out together? Or just scents that go well together.

This afternoon hubby and I had a brief outing. He wanted to wear Grey Flannel so I put on Penhaligon's Violetta-- they both have that green violet stem note.

If he wears a citrus fragrance, I will also-- sometimes even the same one, Eau d'Hadrien or The Thymes Limón.

A Basenoter kindly sent me a sample of Paestum Rose and my husband and I are both trying it on as I write. I could see both of us wearing this one. I love the combination of roses and wood.

Anyone else have favorite His and Hers combinations or shared perfumes you both love?

Hillaire

Default Re: His and Hers combinations-- do you and your guy ever wear complementary scents?

I always coordinate us. It's so much fun for me, it's like making a color scheme.
    He has fewer fragrances, but I always try to match.
    Sometimes it's obvious, like Eau Savage and Diorella.
    But, sometimes I am creative, though I always try to be in the same social-appropriateness territory. e.g., Heritage and Nocturnes

Default Re: His and Hers combinations-- do you and your guy ever wear complementary scents?

We both own Lolita Lempicka and sometime coordinate. When he wears Bulgari Black I like to wear Dzing!

Only when we both wear Égoďste or he wears M7 and I wear Nu.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Blog Entries

Now I have to smell these side by side

My ex girlfriend and I used to wear Light Blue (for women) and Black XS (for men), both of which smell similar and were created by Olivier Cresp.
    Sadly, I can no longer wear it!
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 28th February 2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Sales thread here

We've sometimes had patchouli day: Coromandel for me and Borneo 1834 for him, but I'm afraid we could be smelt a kilometer away. Maybe it wasn't a great idea.
    Another favourite combination is Kyoto for him, Dzongkha for me.

Given my traumatic experiences with my most recent ex and subsequent celibacy... not really, no. My current flirt/date is not the fragrance type at all, and I haven't yet introduced him to my obsession - though he *has* noticed that I tend to smell good, and tend to smell of different things each time we meet. Bonus points for observation.
    I remember I did coordinate with an ex-girlfriend a few times, for fun. But that was all before Basenotes and most likely born out of need - just one bottle of fragrance within reach.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Blog Entries

Veuve, if your current date is noticing your frags, I predict it's just a matter of time before he starts to get into it more for himself. That's what happened to my husband, anyway.

Blog Entries

I just got MPG Fleur d'Iris and it is the perfect counterpart for MPG Iris Bleu Gris, a gorgeous dry root-iris scent. I love Bleu Gris but it's a bit too dry & rooty for me, so the slightly sweeter Fleur version is just perfect! They go together like ham & eggs.

My wife and I both wear Prada Amber (aka man) because it smells so lovely and different on both of us. I even got her her own mini bottle of it. She goes through fragrances much slower than me.

My sister and I both wear Narciso. She has the Narciso perfume, and I have the Narciso musc (2 bottles, and a bunch of samples) and I also have two bottles of the edt. Unfortanetly my father just passed away he was way to young to pass away :-( ( he was the best dad anyone can ask for, and I am so lucky to have had such a great father) and during this sad time, the narciso is another connection my sister and I have, that keeps us close. I don't know if this sounds weird, but this fragrance is comforting bond between my sister and I during these hard times.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th March 2009 at 09:33 AM.

1. Flower Bomb for Her and Antidote for Me by Viktor and Rolf.
    2. Armani Code Pour Femme/ Armani Code Pour Homme
    3. Armani Mania Pour Femme/ Armani Code Pour Homme
    4. Angel for Her.....Angel Men (A*Men) for me.
    5. Emporio She and Emporio He by Armani
    Gary

Blog Entries

Maz24, I can totally understand that being a comforting connection. I'm sorry to hear you have lost your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Maz24, I can totally understand that being a comforting connection. I'm sorry to hear you have lost your dad.
    thanks, I'm sorry too :-( It's just so painful because he worked out everyday, was in great shape and was young and healthy. I just don't understand why. :-(

We were more than just father and son, we were friends. he was my teacher, my life coach.
    We both used to wear Valentino V because we both loved it so much, I can't even look at the bottle now without shedding a tear.

This Christmas I gave him a bottle of Creed erolfa that I had decanted into a 2.5 oz aluminum bottle, (he was so happy because he loved Creeds as well) now its hard for me to wear erolfa....I just don't understand why he passed away.......... I am sorry if I have taken this thread off the subject. I just felt like I needed to share that with you. I consider basenotes members as my friends, so i felt like I needed to share with you guys and girls the pain in my heart.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th March 2009 at 09:47 AM.

Sorry again to take this off the subject we were discussing.

Blog Entries

Maz24, my brother died at age 38. It happens to the young, and when it's so untimely, it is extra hard to take. It helps to give expression to the grief. You may find that people around you tip-toe around the issue because they don't know what to say. They are afraid to mention the deceased-- they think it will make you feel sadder. Your openness in talking about him will help them deal with it as well.

And it's good that your memories of him are so positive. He's not physically present any more but if he is present in your heart, you will keep honoring his memory with your life. I'll bet there are already people who say you are like your dad.

Sort of... We use each others scents, so we catch whifs of all our scents on both of us. Last one we switched was his The One for me and my Gucci by Gucci for him. The One was gorgeous on me, but even though many say GbyG could be worn by a man I really, really hated the sweet raspberry note on him...Wouldn't recommend...

I do coordinate, but more than anything I like to share fragrance with him - I think it's sexy. My husband...not so much. He just doesn't care. It's funny. I'll be like, "honey, smell me. smell familiar? ??" And he says "yeah. you're wearing my cologne. great."

DH loves Prada Infusion d'Iris for Him, and when he wears it, I usually wear Prada Infusion d'Iiris for Her. It is fun to wear almost the same perfume!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Here, let me expand the discussion to encompass same sex partners. I'm definitely the perfume-obsessed one, but my gf likes her scents too, for sure. We don't gravitate towards the same fragrances at all, which I suppose is sort of funny. She likes the spices and citrus and I'm a big white flowers/ roses girl. I like how she smells in the scents she likes, and she likes how I smell in the scents I like...but I only put on her perfume if she's away and I miss her.