Default Most worn in February

Time for the second stats of 2009!

Mine look like this, what about yours?

7 Fleurs d’Oranger
    5 Chypre Rouge
    4 Encens et Lavande, Gris Clair
    3 Iris Silver Mist, Un Lys, La Myrrhe
    2 Daim Blond

February turned out to be a Serge Lutens month for me. It was cold and snowy this year, so my craving for the Mediterranean warmth of sunny and bright Fleurs d'Oranger was natural.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Most worn in February

Hey, Tigrushka! I kept a journal this month, and I know what I'm wearing tomorrow (it's Friday night here). So here are my stats:

3x Fleur de Liane
    2x Sienne l'Hiver
    2x Embruns d'Ambre
    2x Voleur de Roses
    2x Bois d'Iris

All the rest were one-time wearings. I don't see any pattern in my fragrance choices. February is a strange month in Northern California. Not really winter, not yet spring!

Hillaire

Chant d'Aromes

Most worn in February:

2x: AL Firewood
    Narciso Rodriguez edt
    Coco edp
    Poison
    L'heure bleue edp.

1x: Le baiser du dragon, Nahema,Egoiste,AL Madame X,Classique,L,Angel,#88,Fracas,Nu edp,Chene,Crystal Noir,Bulgari Black,Love's true bluish light,Chergui,Mitsouko,Feminite du bois,Jicky,Hypnotic Poison,Miss Dior,Pure Poison,L'ombre dans l'eau.

I seem to have craved woody scents in particular this month. House of the month is Dior.

6x Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge
    5x Tam Dao, Dark Amber & Ginger Lily
    3x Ambre Russe, Jour de Fête, Ligea
    2x Ambra Tibet, No.23

All others were onesies.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Smile Re: Most worn in February

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Hey, Tigrushka! I kept a journal this month, and I know what I'm wearing tomorrow (it's Friday night here). So here are my stats:

3x Fleur de Liane
    2x Sienne l'Hiver
    2x Embruns d'Ambre
    2x Voleur de Roses
    2x Bois d'Iris

All the rest were one-time wearings. I don't see any pattern in my fragrance choices. February is a strange month in Northern California. Not really winter, not yet spring!
    Great idea..I'll keep a journal where I can record my impressions of what I'm testing. Sometimes I write a review so I can remember a particular scent, but that gets a little unwieldy, especially when one is still into sampling and not wearing many fragrances more than once! Thanks for that mini 'aha' moment.

Multiple wears this month for me:

Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
    Guerlain Jicky in varying concentrations
    Guerlain Shalimar extrait
    Chanel No.19 parfum
    Divine L'Homme Sage
    Bois 1920 Sandalo e The
    Serge Lutens Borneo 1834
    Guerlain Vol de Nuit extrait
    Last edited by Asha; 28th February 2009 at 01:58 PM.

I keep thinking that I'd like to record the stats too, but then I never do... it's always interesting to see what the general theme has been for everyone.

I know that I've used lots of Le Chevrefeuille (Annick Goutal), NR for Her EDT and Datura Noir this month, but don't have exact figures.

Curious, I went through my SoTD posts and not surprising to me, here are my results.
    6-- Hypnotic Poison
    2-- Chanel No. 22, Tabac Blond, and Lolita Lempicka
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 28th February 2009 at 04:51 PM.

3x Coco Mademoiselle -->Have some kind of meeting going on.
    3x Aramis Always for Him -->On the extremely hot days.
    2x Wall Street --> On hot days
    2x Hamptons--> On hot days
    2x Champs Elysees --> I was decanting and decide to wear it the next day, another time on my BD.

Feb Stats:
    2 x Beyond Paradise
    2 x Bvlgari Pour Femme
    2 x Saso
    2 x Soir de Lune
    Total of 31 types of scents worn this month
    No favourite house of the month either, they are evenly distributed amongst Guerlain, Estee Lauder, Bvlgari, Serge Lutens.
    the weather is a lot warmer now and it looks like I had a craving for sharp floral summery scents already.

Shalimar
    Pacifica Sandalwood
    Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple
    Pacifica Avalon Juniper

Most worn in February for me:

7x Samsara
    4x Datura Noir
    4x Tocca Touch
    2x MAC MV1, Mazzolari Patchouly, Narciso Rodriguez For Her.
    Other scents were worn once each.

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008 View Post
    Most worn in February for me:

7x Samsara
    4x Datura Noir
    4x Tocca Touch
    2x MAC MV1, Mazzolari Patchouly, Narciso Rodriguez For Her.
    Other scents were worn once each.
    Not wishing to be a creepy perfume stalker at all, but given how similar our recent wears have been I now have to put the three scents I don't yet know from that list on the "must test" list

Ha, ha I hope you like them Nuka!
    Touch lasts forever on me which was a great surprise cause I'd read that it had poor longevity.
    MV1 is for my 'inner twentysomething', a bit like Rush but with lily/honeysuckle instead of gardenia and a similar musky drydown.
    Patchouly is bottled heaven, nuff said.
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 2nd March 2009 at 11:16 PM.

Do you want the truth or a heavily edited version?

The truth is that I wore Britney Spears Fantasy five times in February. My nose is stuffed and dulled. I could only cope with the pedestrian. I gave in to some suspicion that the reason Britney sells well here is because Britney doesn't do weird things in humidity.

I don't care what she does in LA.

Secondarily, I wore Miss Dior Cherie. This is pretty sticky. I smell it on the checkers in Publix. You can smell each of the alleged accords and I like that. Nothing is hidden and I don't suppose one can conjure much of a statement about it. I bet it's dreadful in the heat. I get more patch and less caramelized carnie fare than others.

Pink Sugar had an outing or two (there is a theme here: PERFUMES THAT ROT YOUR TEETH AND MIND SIMULTANEOUSLY). I have the body souffle/mousee. I got it for eight dollars and it makes me feel cheated, because I'd have killed for it in high school.

Standout wearing of the month: Creed Love in Black. I really responded to this one. I dislike violet unless it's shoved under a compost pile, and LiB has violet front and center, for a while. Then, as if with a bad memory, it's gone. This is clearly a high-quality violet, because violet can be oily and tricky and often subjected to abuse by terpene biosynthetics. This is an unacceptable practice for the most part. I might buy this.

Iris Poudre has had two outings. I just bought this at Barney's. I had to buy something logical and reflective of my former self. Why I selected this when I don't care for iris frags either mysterious or very upsetting. After two wears, I realized it had a tobacco note that is difficult for me accept, so I tell myself it's just an illusion, that I look for tobacco where there is none.

Sometimes I wish I were just discovering frags again, bec. I hate to say that I have become blase and have taken a second look at the ridiculous statuary of the MDCI line.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Do you want the truth or a heavily edited version?
    It's up to you which version you prefer.

But when it comes to my own personal stats they are definitely "The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth" because if they weren't, they would be no point in keeping them.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Oddly, I seem to know what I wore this past month.

6 x Creed Angelique Encens

3 x Guerlain Mitsouko parfum, Malle L'eau d'Hiver

2 x Guerlain Bois D'Armenie

1 x Guerlain L'Heure Bleue parfum, Guerlain Lavande Velours, SL Fumerie Turque, SL Fleurs d'Oranger, SL Fleurs de Citronnier, Narciso Rodriguez EDP, Shiseido Zen (new), Creed Jasmin Emperatrice Eugenie, Creed Aubepine Acacia, Caron Fleur de Rocaille, Malle Une Fleur de Cassie, L'Artisan Mure et Musc, Chanel Gardenia,
    Last edited by tias; 5th March 2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: But wait, there's more....