Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bogner fragrances:More expensive than Niche...

Being curious to sample some of them, I check online:
    Bogner Snow: up to 125 Euros!
    Bogner Fire And Ice:up to 70 Euros,etc.
    I own Deep Forest which is deep and rich and true to its name and Wood which is a rather average,well,woody scent,slightly remniscent of Escada's Casual Friday.
    This brand seems to be above drugstore but not quite designer and not very well known outside Germany.The reviews are scarce too.
    Have you own or sampled any of them?
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bogner fragrances:More expensive than Niche...

I'm happy to hear even a mention of Bogner. You are right, it is very scarce. Can you say a bit more about Deep Forest. The reviews say different things. Does it have pine notes? Moss? Herbs? Leaves? How "green" would you say it is? You say it is deep and rich... would you say it is sweet, or dry?
    I'd appreciate any further things you could say about this! Cheers!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Ha ha, this really pushed your "cone head" button odysseusm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    Ha ha, this really pushed your "cone head" button odysseusm.
    BUSTED!!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

I just sold two bottles of Deep Forest on ebay from my stash for 70 Euros . I only have a small sample of Snow, which I haven't properly explored yet. Anyhow, Deep Forest is magnificent. A citrus-green-smoky opening, coming on strong and unapologetic, settles into a magic foresty-spicy green. Love the lavender-cinnamon combo and beautiful incense notes. Nothing piny here, but really an amazing fresh-oriental type of perfume.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

There are few bottles of Deep Forest available online,but no EDTs.I received mine from the USA,some time ago.
    The_Good_Life,don't you find it somehow comparable to Davidoff's Relax,at least in terms of deepness?Have you sampled any other,especially B Man (by Bogner,not T. Mugler)?
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ever tried Relax. The only other Bogners I've tested were Wood - a very generic synthetic wood - and High Speed - totally forgetable fresh&clean boredom. The B Man bottle always turned me off, I think it looks like tacky $10 perfume - a mistake maybe. I would like to try the original Bogner Man from 1985.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

If you said in the nineties that one day Bogner scents would be sold for 125 euro´s in the future I´d have had laughed in your face.
    Bogner was made then by the Lancaster group or Coty.
    Bogner , A once famous German (Olympic) ski champ in the late 70´s, used as a stunt double in some Bond Movies in the 80´s. The fragrances were just so, so in my book.Average. Mainstream.
    Then and now also. I wouldn´t buy their scent for those high prices, not even for the normal prices. These weren´t like other most sought after classics (On Basenotes anyway) like the Jil Sanders , Tiffany for men, Davidoff Relax etc.
    With the exeption of Deep Forest. That one was ok. But not for the 125 euro or whatever thay ask for it. Not by a long way. Not worth it. Nope.

I can´t comment on Bogners modern ones, Wood , Snow , whatever. These were made by Cosmopolitan Cosmetics (Wella) , but I had no interest in sampling them.
    Last edited by eric; 1st March 2009 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    If you said in the nineties that one day Bogner scents would be sold for 125 euro´s in the future I´d have had laughed in your face.
    Bogner was made then by the Lancaster group or Coty.
    Bogner , A once famous German (Olympic) ski champ in the late 70´s, used as a stunt double in some Bond Movies in the 80´s. The fragrances were just so, so in my book.Average. Mainstream.
    Then and now also. I wouldn´t buy their scent for those high prices, not even for the normal prices. These weren´t like other most sought after classics (On Basenotes anyway) like the Jil Sanders , Tiffany for men, Davidoff Relax etc.
    With the exeption of Deep Forest. That one was ok. But not for the 125 euro or whatever thay ask for it. Not by a long way. Not worth it. Nope.

I can´t comment on Bogners modern ones, Wood , Snow , whatever. These were made by Cosmopolitan Cosmetics (Wella) , but I had no interest in sampling them.
    I first tried Deep Forest a year ago and I have no romantic attachement to Bogner (au contraire) or the 90s. But I do think this is a great fragrance, which is more 80s than 90s anyway. The combination of green and oriental notes is brilliant IMO. One of its strong points in a contemporary context is that it doesn't smell like a zillion other aquatics and is far better constructed than swill such as any recent Dunhill or synthbombs along the lines of Fahrenheit 32. It's also more complex than any nasomatto I've tried...So as usual beauty, and value-for-money are in the eye of the beholder (mind you I didn't pay 70 Euros a bottle, not even close )
    My Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great discussion, it is really putting this somewhat obscure line into perspective for me. Much is as I suspected.
    Many thanks to all.
    odysseusm