Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco and Leather fragrances?

Hi,

Could people please recommend male fragrances with leather and tobacco notes in them, like Duel by Annick Goutal?

Hope you could help. Thank you.

Sil.

Default Re: Tobacco and Leather fragrances?

Mazzolari Lui, Stephanie de Saint Aignon Tobacco Mucho, and good ol' Polo.

Next month a very distinct tobacco/leather fragrance is being released by Sonoma Scent Studio called Tabac Aurea.

Blog Entries

the best tobacco and leather scent that i own is probably Odori Cuoio which is just an outright gorgeous fragrance....it's got alot of 'boom' to it, and the tobacco notes blend with some petrol-ish notes to create this very intricate and striking leather fragrance. I really dig it.

Histoires De Parfums 1740 also has some beautiful tobacco and leather interplay, and definitely worth investigating!

Antonio Puig's Quorum is another worth of sniffing.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Nasomatto Duro! My FAVORITE leather frag. It's what got me into leather in the first place.

As for tobbacco, try Czech & Speake's Cuba, it's a quircky, yet very pleasant green tobbacco scent.

Basenotes Institution

Tabac Blond by Caron - the parfum. Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

Pascal Morabito OR Black. Very dark leather with a vetiver oakmoss drydown. The effect is like a leather/tobacco if the tobacco is a very dark tarry pipe tobacco. Wonderful fragrance!

Oh man, you're going to get 50 replies and 50 different suggestions on this one. Get your pen and paper out I agree with Duro and would add Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. It's the most realistic, supple leather scent I have (or tried). The Marquis de Sade that everso mentioned is gorgeous, but unfortunately I get annoyed with the immortelle note in it (that never works for me).

TF Tobacco Vanille layered with TF Tuscan Leather

One hell of an expensive combination!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Mazzolari Lui, Stephanie de Saint Aignon Tobacco Mucho, and good ol' Polo.

Next month a very distinct tobacco/leather fragrance is being released by Sonoma Scent Studio called Tabac Aurea.
    Oh cool, thanks a lot for replying and for the heads up on Tabac Aurea.

Guys,

Thanks a lot for replying. Unfortunately I do not think I had set up email alerts for notification of replies to my thread so that is why I am only just replying.

Cheers fellas, will check those fragrances out if possible.

Also I did buy Annick Goutal's Duel which had a really nice tobacco fragrance coming through but when I bought a bottle it isn't quite as strong as I had hoped. I think it requires application twice a day.

Also I did go to a shop in near Sloane Square called Les Senteurs and tried Passion Boisee by Frapin.....really nice! In fact at first I didn't even like it but after a while I realised it sat really nice on my skin.

Anyway, nice one guys.
    Shams.

Might want to check out this thread too:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=leather
    Sales thread here

Mustang by Dorall (bottle looks like Polo original/green) is listed as having leather, tobacco, and basil. I'm guessing it also has a little musk, cumin, and geranium. It can be had for very little on ebay (100 ml bottle) and the longevity and sillage are very good or excellent.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd March 2009 at 09:50 PM.

I've noticed a lot of fragrances that list tobacco and leather don't actually have distinctive notes of tobacco and leather (which doesn't mean it's not in there, just not distinct). Always try first when possible, because even strongly marketed 'leather' fragrances sometimes have faint or subtle leather notes (ie Hermes Kelly Caleche, DKNY Fuel).

Funny this thread was bumped, I just broke out the Polo (green) I haven't worn in forever and I was surprised at the content of leather/tobacco, much more than I remember.

Vintage Tabarome is the clearest example of this combo to me, although the leather is not so much the birch tar leather of Knize Ten and Cuir Mauresque but the citrus leather of many 70's frags like Aramis.

Just done some googling and I came across Monte Cristo by Monte Cristo Habana. Now I assume it has a strong tobacco smell????????

Anyone tried it? And is it any good?

Burberry London is a masterpiece with Tobacco and Leather !!

Leather in the middle notes, and tobacco in the base notes.

Ah ok well I'll have to give that a try.

Just also been reading about one called Bell'Antonio. Anyone tried it? From what I am reading it will be a hard to get hold of fragrance and very expensive. If anyone had any idea of where in London I might be able to sample it that would be great.

Thanks.

For tobacco and leather the fragrance that keeps coming to my mind is Oud Cuir d'Arabie. Wonderful stuff, oud, smoky tobacco and a rich leather that is powerful and lasts quite a while. Just don't let the first few minutes put you off, it really does settle down into something very special.
    Last edited by surreality; 3rd March 2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

My SOTE is Santa Maria Novella's Aqua de Cuba. It's a perfect combination of leather and tobacco that has several good reviews here.

For an elegant tobacco frag go with Michael Kors for men. Not only does it smell expensive it evolves beautifully and er, women love you wearing it. To the point that it almost has aphrodisiac qualities.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Thumbs up Re: Tobacco and Leather fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    For an elegant tobacco frag go with Michael Kors for men. Not only does it smell expensive it evolves beautifully and er, women love you wearing it. To the point that it almost has aphrodisiac qualities.
    Ditto.
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I'll 3rd that however there is something in it that just doesn't agree with my skin and I get a treacley(sp) smell from it.

I would like to say though that in the absence of a certain member, I'd like to put forward Knize Ten as my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead53 View Post
    My SOTE is Santa Maria Novella's Aqua de Cuba. It's a perfect combination of leather and tobacco that has several good reviews here.

Second this.

Im going to have to second quorum
    cant beat the over pound for pound output of this thing
    amazing
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Knize Ten, Tuscany, Antaeus and Royal English Leather might turn out suitable.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 6th March 2009 at 07:23 AM.