Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Givenchy vs Floris Seringa

A couple of us were thinking of buying a bottle of Eau de Givenchy unsniffed and splitting it, and then I read in a couple of reviews that Floris Seringa is quite similar, though the notes are not that close on the face of it. The Floris one is cheap and widely available, so I wondered if anyone else had tried these two and would recommend one over the other? We have missed the bargain bottle of the Givenchy now, so will probably try to acquire samples of both contenders instead, but would welcome anyone's thoughts on whether they are both worth pursuing. For myself, I own both Le De and Cristalle and wondered if between them they might have this "fresh, green, bright, slightly mossy floral" territory broadly covered, or whether new delights await!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 1st March 2009 at 12:39 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Eau de Givenchy vs Floris Seringa

VM, not to discourage you completely, but the Seringa may not be a bargain at any price. It has a fairly harsh, acidic character and does not seem to be constructed with quality ingredients. I'm a huge fan of both Le De and Cristalle, and I adore fresh, green florals. I've been wearing and adoring PdN Le Temps d'une Fete for some time now -- have you tested it?

Thanks for the word of warning, Leesee - harsh and acidic isn't really grabbing me, certainly. I am bidding for a vial sample of the Floris on Ebay, and will keep any investment in the fragrance to an absolute minimum for now!

The day you wore Le Temps d'une Fete as your SOTD recently I got out my sample and sadly the white flowers (narcissus?) went horribly indolic on me. As did those in Odalisque, which I tested concurrently, but much less so. As with civet, I am an amplifier of indoles, you see, however microscopic. Possibly also with indoles that aren't even there. Which was all a shame, as they both sounded so pretty. The jasmine and lily in Le De behave very nicely on my skin, however.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    The day you wore Le Temps d'une Fete as your SOTD recently I got out my sample and sadly the white flowers (narcissus?) went horribly indolic on me.
    Oh, dear.
    We can't have that! The search continues. . . .