Code of Conduct

Default Lancome - Hypnose

Hi There,

I didn't found any topic about this perfume, so here we go. I'm looking for a new perfume for myself and there's a few things important before buying.

My preferes for fragrances are woody oriental. I currently own Dior Homme (so good) Baldessarini Strictly Private (so good) but I like Narciso Rodriguez for Him aswell. So, these are a bit of my taste.. Meaning I like sweet, but spicy and woody, and musk aswell. Others I like are Diesel Fuel for Life, Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo, Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio etc. But the preferences still is woody, spicy, oriental and musky.

The bottle does say allot to me. I won't buy ugly bottles, no matter how good the perfume is. This is probally because I'm currently learning for graphic designer. I probally look at them in a different way than regular people would do.

So, the perfume this is about. Lacome Hypnose.. It's been recommended to me, but I still have to try. So, a few things. The perfume itself, is it in range of my preferences? And is it worth blind buying or should I really try first? The bottle is amazing, so that's a +1 already. So far, I'd like to buy it, but that's only because of the first impression and the bottle, but really afraid of buying something I'd not wear. Further, there's Bulgari PH on the list to buy/try.. but the same story as the Lancome.. the bottle is pressing me to buy, but my feeling still keeps me waiting.

What to do!

Thanks for the help,
    Justin
    Last edited by Giustino; 2nd March 2009 at 12:17 PM.
    unico grande amore.

Default Re: Lancome - Hypnose

No, don't blind buy any fragrance that is as easy to test as Hypnose Homme. Try it first. Hypnose might work for you, but I wouldn't say that it is a woody oriental. It is a sweet amber based fragrance that has a citrus opening and a spicy lavender heart.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    No, don't blind buy any fragrance that is as easy to test as Hypnose Homme. Try it first. Hypnose might work for you, but I wouldn't say that it is a woody oriental. It is a sweet amber based fragrance that has a citrus opening and a spicy lavender heart.
    Ah ok, thanks for the advice. Although it's hard to test "older" fragrance, since shops near me only sell the recent perfumes like 08-09.. but I definently will seek for this one.
    unico grande amore.

I think maybe the bigger stores ( and in cities) Douglas and IcIParisXL may have hypnose homme. I smelled it recently here in Iceland and I wasn┤t a fan but who knows, give it a try. personally I thought it was a little too soft.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

There are some similarities with CK Euphoria Intense. But i prefer Hypnose better because even though its a sweet frag, the sweetness is not as loud as Euphoria Intense. Hypnose's drydown is very good too..rather relaxing and woody. Cheaper then Euphoria Intense too. Just don't blind buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin WŘst View Post
    Ah ok, thanks for the advice. Although it's hard to test "older" fragrance, since shops near me only sell the recent perfumes like 08-09.. but I definently will seek for this one.
    The hunt is all part of the fun...
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

A few thoughts about Hypnose. I owned it bought it at Marshall's. If you like sweet ambery scents it is a good one although very synthetic smelling. But, I believe this fragrance has been discontinued. You cannot find it at any Lancome counters in my area or men's fragrance counters. Also they have taken the fragrance down from the Lancome site as well. Matter of fact Lancome website doesn't have any men's fragrances only men's skincare products. If Hypnose has in fact been discontinued I would expect to see a Lancome Sport or a Lacome Pour Homme Sport soon so they can have a men's fragrance that sells.

I also noticed they took down all the Hypose stuff at my local mall as well, and a whole bunch of bottle were at the local Marshalls discounter as well. I think they still have bottles of the Hypnose Eau Fraiche at my local mall, behind the counter. I have Hypnose and it's not bad.. a somewhat sweet lavender/amber. Longevity is decent, my only complaint is that it's a little boring. I'm sure there are plenty of bottles on eBay.

I agree that it is a little boring, but it's a good "everyday" scent, it blends easily and won't offend and it's very adaptable to layering.
    I won't be a masterpiece anytime soon though...

So.. just tried the Hypnose.. it's a decent fragrance wich the drydown being a softer Joop Homme wich is just to sweet in my eyes. Good fragrance.. but personally not worth buying, unless really discouted.

So, is the Bulgari Homme more what I'm looking for? (first post)
    Last edited by Giustino; 2nd March 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin WŘst View Post
    So.. just tried the Hypnose.. it's a decent fragrance wich the drydown being a softer Joop Homme wich is just to sweet in my eyes. Good fragrance.. but personally not worth buying, unless really discouted.

So, is the Bulgari Homme more what I'm looking for? (first post)
    Maybe, except that it's not woody and not oriental But I still have to see a perfume shop which wouldn't carry it, so you can easily see it for yourself.
    Last edited by Sandy; 2nd March 2009 at 05:19 PM.