Code of Conduct

Default Wait for it........I apologize fellow basenoters (Versace Pour Homme and AHS)

I apologize for my opinions on Versace Pour Homme and Alurre Sport. I tested them on paper and thought typical Aquatics but I found a store that sold samples for 99 cents and tried the sample vile of Versace Pour Homme and this fragrance isn't even an Aquatic. I guess you could call it a Fresh Spicy Wood. Amazing!!!! It opens with a fresh citrus then dries into a nice woody scent. Overall I like it and I got positive compliments from everyone. The Allure Homme Sport had the same affect as well (even though I tested it again on paper) it started off Citrusy and then again turned into a spicy wood. I noticed that Sephora lables Versace Pour Homme as a Woody Scent and I was wonderin if Allure Homme Sport would be labled the same as they are simliar in some ways but I say Allure Homme Sport is sweeter (light Amber) maybe? Overall I like both these scents and I will be purchasing one as my summer fragrance in a few weeks. So I am sorry for my previous comments and thanks for the help basenoters.

Default Re: Wait for it........I apologize fellow basenoters (Versace Pour Homme and AHS)

Was it an online store?
    unico grande amore.

Default Re: Wait for it........I apologize fellow basenoters (Versace Pour Homme and AHS)

No. It was a fragrance outlet in a mall.

I love AHS - I'd call it a 'citrus', not an 'aquatic'... in fact AHS is closer to a cologne than anything else.

Glad that you experienced the drydown of Versace Pour Homme.
    This is my favorite default, kick around, casual scent. Longevity and sillage are really good also.

I like both of these, but have not crossed over to love. Versace Pour Homme is certainly different, and I would not classify it as aquatic, moreso a fresh-woody, and I really think it is a great alternative to the common aquatics that flood the market. I just don't know if I like it enough to purchase it. AHS, to me has a weird topnote, that is sort of dusty, like a dusty blanket that covers the beautiful citrus accords, that I find hard to deal with. Recently I purchased Allure Edition Blanche, and I find a similar citrus as the Sport addition but without the weird dustyness. I will continue to try both though.

Versace PH just has a sharp old-guy accord in the drydown that puts me off. Definately the oakmoss. The added sweetness in AHS also sets it ahead for me. AHS is my holy grail friend, fresh and sexy yet just heavy enough to keep my interest throughout it's excellent longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Versace PH just has a sharp old-guy accord in the drydown that puts me off. Definately the oakmoss. The added sweetness in AHS also sets it ahead for me. AHS is my holy grail friend, fresh and sexy yet just heavy enough to keep my interest throughout it's excellent longevity.
    There is no oakmoss in Versace Pour Homme (2008) as far as I know.

top notes
    Bergamot, Orange Leaf, Neroli, Diamante Cedar

heart note
    Geranium, Clary Sage, Hyacinth, Cedar Wood

base note
    Oud Wood, Amber, Tonka Bean, Musks
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 2nd March 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Ah, I was posting from my iPod before class and didnt have time to bring up the pyramid. I definately meant the Clary Sage, its the same note that makes Platinum Egoiste unwearable and almost sour to my nose, smells very "old". Possibly the Geranium and Hyacinth in the heart as well.