Code of Conduct

Default Deci Dela by Nina Ricci

I'd like to hear your opinions and experiences with this one. If you can compare it to Yvresse, that would be most appreciated!

It seems that DD comes in an orange bottle and a pink bottle. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

Thank you!

Default Re: Deci Dela by Nina Ricci

Unfortunatelly I can't compare it to Yvresse. But the pink bottle is EDT and the orange one -hard to find- EDP. I only have and tried EDT and while lovely, on me it is light and fleeting. If you'd like to try it I have plenty.

I used to have a mini of Deci Dela and remember it as a pleasant, bright, possibly fruity floral - bright in the way EL Pleasures might be described that way.

Yvresse is a mad fizzy aldehyde bomb that I found most peculiar. It probably has more in common with Clinique Wrappings to be honest, another scent that is way heavy on the aldehydes.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Hillaire

I do not want to be rude in my answer. And it is likely that it has to do with my particular nose, my aversion, since I know many people who like these scents a lot...

But I do consider them very very alike: they both have what I term a plasticy-mealy, new-barbie-hair accord (to my nose), and I have a hard time with that.
    But, of the two, Yvresse is richer, has some nice effervescence, and is more honeyed.

In this genre, though, I would like to recommend Sun Moon Stars as being the stand-out best. think it has redeeming depth, and it smells like a perfume to me.

Yvresse, is a bit rounder and more complex. DD is a little more fruity, it is more of a fruit bowl scent. I have the orange bottle, the EDP, and it is the classic fruitbowl scent in my opiniion. Yvress, which I still call Champagne, is such a better crafted, less fruitbowl type of a fruity scent; a rich aldehyde with a bright fruity character, with some warmth and an almost "bubbly" note.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Thank you, all, for the responses; they've been extremely helpful!

I'm looking for a fruity chypre without much cumin (so, not Femme).

Libertine might be a possibility....

Hillaire

What about an old school fruity chypre like "Y" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    What about an old school fruity chypre like "Y" ?
    I like that one a lot, looking for something similarly elegant - but warmer.

Yvresse may fit the bill (still YSL!), but I'm not sure how the Legere compares with the original; I like the original Yvresse very much because of the warmth. Libertine is another possibility. I think it's between those two.