Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Today I bought (March 2009 Purchases!)

Roja Dove Scandal ( but I really wanted number 8 and 3 but that was 10 times the price of scandal)
    Cornubia Penhaligon

I love London
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I had quite a shopping day! My mother- in-law and I hit Boston's Copley Plaza like a pair of drunken sailors. We began our day at Neiman Marcus, but our absolutely favorite SA wasn't in. I did buy the new Valentino. Love the bottle and the juice is very pretty. Then over to Barney's. First we did the cosmetic dance at the By Terry counter. Lovely stuff and the texture of the lipstick is quite terrific. Then over to the Frederic Malle's- I got Le Parfum de Therese. So incredibly wonderful. MIL got Carnal Flower and I think Bigarade Concentree- they smell amazing on her! She also got two I Profumi di Firenze- Florentia 22 pesca e fiori and Brezze di Mare. I also picked up a new bottle of Chanel Cristalle for summer. It has been a few years since I have had this and really wanted it for summer. We had the most wonderful SA- his name is Roberto Vargas and I found him to be the perfect blend of kindness and knowledge. He spent a very enjoyable hour with us and helped us make wonderful choices. He gave us wonderful samples as well. We hit Burberry on the way out the door and picked up Summer for Women. So excited to give all these beauties a full wearing!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Goldie, you did have quite a shopping day.

I made two HUGE purchases today: spent $2.41 at Menards for a knob and $2.99 for a sample of K de Krizia from Perfume Worldwide. Doing my part to keep the economy trundling along.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I hit gold at Marshalls! I found a bottle of Armani Prive Eau de Jade! WoooHooo! I have been checking almost every day for ever!

Thumbs up Re: Today I bought (March 2009 Purchases!)

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I found Armani Prive Eau de Jade yesterday at one of the ickiest Marshall's I have been to. It was hidden at the very back of the bin.

It is very citrusy with vanilla. Smells like dessert! Yummy. I would not have bought this at regular price, but at this price I did not think twice!
    Amen!

I have just returned from a month in Paris with a mountain of samples-truly, close to 100 (mostly Artisan, Guerlain Frederic Malle, and Lutens, but also Caron, Etat libre, Maitre parfumeur et Gantier...)

I also purchased wild, crazy, unheard of amounts of perfume: long-awaited Vol de Nuit and Une Fleur de Cassie; newly beloved Bois d'Armenie, Chergui, and Sacrebleu; Charogne--which simply intrigues me on many levels...and in a last-minute moment of pure caving in, after being doused in it on two prior occasions...I, the gourmand-hater, bought Iris Ganache. I swear, there is some sort of drug in that Guerlain boutique that turns me into putty. Putty with a credit card.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...I just got back last night and haven't unpacked yet.

I will not eat or buy clothing for at least a year, but I'll certainly smell lovely!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 1st April 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Charogne?!? Now THAT's a strange name for perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Roja Dove Scandal ( but I really wanted number 8 and 3 but that was 10 times the price of scandal)
    Cornubia Penhaligon

I love London
    Hey Lian,

I have a bottle of Scandal too! I bought it - like you, I am sure - at The Urban Retreat at the top of Harrods from one of the young male SAs there. On my mobile phone's home screen I have a photo of some other perfume bottle next to a large china elephant - all in a glass case on a plinth. That was the only snap I got to take before they stopped me!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    I have just returned from a month in Paris with a mountain of samples-truly, close to 100 (mostly Artisan, Guerlain Frederic Malle, and Lutens, but also Caron, Etat libre, Maitre parfumeur et Gantier...)

I also purchased wild, crazy, unheard of amounts of perfume: long-awaited Vol de Nuit and Une Fleur de Cassie; newly beloved Bois d'Armenie, Chergui, and Sacrebleu; Charogne--which simply intrigues me on many levels...and in a last-minute moment of pure caving in, after being doused in it on two prior occasions...I, the gourmand-hater, bought Iris Ganache. I swear, there is some sort of drug in that Guerlain boutique that turns me into putty. Putty with a credit card.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...I just got back last night and haven't unpacked yet.

I will not eat or buy clothing for at least a year, but I'll certainly smell lovely!
    That's quite the haul Nostalgie, sounds like you had a great time too! That Guerlain boutique on the Champs d'Elysee is just amazing. Love that second floor displays.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Goldie, you did have quite a shopping day.

I made two HUGE purchases today: spent $2.41 at Menards for a knob and $2.99 for a sample of K de Krizia from Perfume Worldwide. Doing my part to keep the economy trundling along.
    Quarry....you crack me up !!!!! I was feeling grumpy this morning until I read your post.

Knob, Quarry? Who's that by?

I finally caved this weekend and bought EL's Bronze Goddess. I know I have loads of beachies, but I have been going back to the store and re-smelling this for the last year, like Azuree Soleil before it. It had to come home with me eventually. Plus there was a great GWP and I was spending my birthday money, so I wanted to get something I know I'll wear a lot. (Have I justified myself enough yet? )
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oh, that's Knob by Knize. I believe it's pronounced Ah-Chin-Nob. It's a well-rounded woody.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Chanel Coco in EDP
    Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    Chanel Allure EDT

Thanks eBay!
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Armani Prive Eclat de Jasmin....an excellent deal, I'm so thrilled!

Have my eye on Patou's Colony but still uncertain...hmmmmmmmmmm

Received 3 tubes of L'Artisan L'Eau d'Ambre body cream (thanks, eBay!). I did not like their EdT enough to buy, but the cream is perfect for layering.

Bargains today ladies, on e-bay a bottle of Maitre Gantier Parfumeurs' Fleurs de Comores
    (I owned this before, this is a re-purchase)
    AND, at Marshalls found a mini coffret of Estee Lauders' Voyage Collection of Bali and Emerald Dream

Shouldn't we be making a new April 2009 Purchases?

Well, no matter! This *was* actually purchased in March. After I got back from my trip, I was slammed at work, and completely forgot about this little cutie until today, when I finally decided to unpack the suitcase!!!

My little Romeo Gigli EdT mini!!! Isn't it adorable??
    I just want to peench eets leetle cheeks!
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

21 April...I think my Chanel No.19 collection is complete, now. Today I received a newer EDP which is the "green juice" formula. It indeed is much heavier on the galbanum than the older vintage juice I recently bought. All of them are so special, I don't feel like I have duplicates