Code of Conduct

Default I'm falling in love with Amouage Lyric Man!

I received a sample vial from Luckyscent in December last year and I dabbed it on the back of my hand. My first impression of it was "this is nice, kind of reminds me Le Labo's Rose 31, more feminine, lighter, no need for it in my collection (especially for the price)"

Every now and then I would dab it on the back of my hand for another sniff. Each time I do, I'm more drawn to it. I can't stop sniffing my hand. I don't have the olifactory vocabulary to describe the scent, but I can say that I'm getting closer and closer to buying a bottle.

I've been looking for another rose scent to add to my collection, my problem is, is it too similar to Le Labo's Rose 31 to have both in the wardrobe. Really only the top notes of Rose 31 and Lyric Man are similar. When they dry down to the basenotes, they are two completely different scents.

Anybody have both in the wardrobe? Anybody falling in love with this scent like me?

Default Re: I'm falling in love with Amouage Lyric Man!

I'm a huge fan. I love and wear the women's version as well. Enjoy it!

Regards,
    Steve

I was expecting something entirely different from Lyric for men.
    I don't like it, and more I think they mixed too much synthetic rose proportion with natural rose.

Does anybody have any experience with Amouage Homage Attar? How does it compare to Lyric Man?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with Amouage Homage Attar? How does it compare to Lyric Man?
    There is no comparison. Lyric Man is a nice and worthy of a bottle. Homage to my nose is one of best on the planet. My Wife and I share a bottle of Homage. I just can't begin to use enough superlatives to describe it. If you were "royalty", Homage is how I would expect you to smell.

I'm a big fan of Lyric Man as well - wish I had the dough for a bottle or that they'd come out with a 'travel size' like they did with XXV. I recently got a sample of Lyric Women, and it's pretty good but the men's is actually better.... how often does that happen? I have samples of Hommage on the way. Can't wait.

do you know what the arab letters in the logo means?
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    is it too similar to Le Labo's Rose 31 to have both in the wardrobe.
    In a word, no.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Even to this day, I still try to love Lyric, but...I only like it. Much better rose scents out there that are more affordable.

Homage 1st half: Worth the price of admission, for which I would gladly pay
    Homage 2nd half: turns into a neroli rose and much too feminine for my personal taste

I find Lyric and Homage to be uncomparable. Homage is worth sampling if only for the breathtaking beauty of it.

Of note, I'm reminded by bbBD's comment: Should Lyric come out in the travel release like XXV, it would be an easy investment to make. I wonder if they ever will.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

If they came out with a travel size for Lyric, I would definitely buy it in a heartbeat.

I NEED to sample Homage Attar, just to experience this "beauty" that everyone keeps on mentioning.

How does it compare to Cabaret for women?

I can't focus on whether the rose is Lyric is good or not because I am too distracted/annoyed/put off by the cool/fresh/cucumber note which smells all synthy and generic to me. I just don't like it or the change in direction which amouage have taken.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    do you know what the arab letters in the logo means?
    Actually, has the logo been changed?
    My apologies for bumping this thread