Code of Conduct

Default Compliments in the Strangest of Places..

My SOTD was Green Irish Tweed.. a fairly conservative choice given the folks I had to meet with today and share close quarters with.

Anyhow, the cashier at the gas station asked me.. "Hey man, what are you wearing??" I said "Creed - Green Irish Tweed". He didn't know the line so I took about 5 minutes explaining it to him and finally he asked me to write down not only what it was, where to get it, but how much it was.. etc.

Funny how I just responded to a post saying Canadians don't often, in my experience, comment to a stranger on their "smells"!

Default Re: Compliments in the Strangest of Places..

It is always nice when your sillage and fragrance of choice is appreciated. I love GIT as well and is the only creed in my drobe.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

when someone asks me....and i start the 5 min explanation....i think thats when wacko crosses their mind lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Ha Ha Ha...exactly how I feel. It seems that 2 minutes into the whole, "...this is a summer scent, and this is more fall/winter because the basenote has more cedar and incense...." spiel, the normal person would label you a freak....and eliminate any possibility that you could be a heterosexual...

Odd
    I can barley smell GIT on myself let alone someone else smelling it off of me
    oh well
    ill stick to kouros
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    Ha Ha Ha...exactly how I feel. It seems that 2 minutes into the whole, "...this is a summer scent, and this is more fall/winter because the basenote has more cedar and incense...." spiel, the normal person would label you a freak....and eliminate any possibility that you could be a heterosexual...
    ROFL!!

So most gas station cashiers don't do that? Hmm... I must smell just fabulous...

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Odd
    I can barley smell GIT on myself let alone someone else smelling it off of me
    Same for me!
    And if I ask my friends to sniff, they just say "It's Cool Water!" ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Same for me!
    And if I ask my friends to sniff, they just say "It's Cool Water!" ...
    Well, to be fair, if you're wearing GIT to impress your friends you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Nice little story Anthonydg. And I like that you took the time to explain to him the whole deal. When a person shows interest, it helps to ....help them out. Educating one Canadian at a time:toppie:

Interesting that since I have been taking fragrances really seriously the last year, I rarely get any comments. Only 2 on London because of the tobacco smell they liked.

LOL I was wired from my 2nd cup of coffee and the guy probably wanted me to zip it, but I was pretty thrilled to get a compliment - especially since I was probably standing about 3 feet away from him and had applied the GIT at least 2 hours beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post

Absolutely! I actually was looking forward to coming home and posting the story on Basenotes.. maybe that's something to add to the "You know you're a Basenoter WHEN.." thread

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Nice little story Anthonydg. And I like that you took the time to explain to him the whole deal. When a person shows interest, it helps to ....help them out. Educating one Canadian at a time:toppie:

Interesting that since I have been taking fragrances really seriously the last year, I rarely get any comments. Only 2 on London because of the tobacco smell they liked.

Thumbs up Re: Compliments in the Strangest of Places..

I was in the lab @ my Doctor's Office getting some blood drawn to check Medication levels. The nurse told me "Oh You Smell Good". I was wearing Azzaro pour homme.

Odd coincidence - I just got back from a full physical with my doc. No compliments on the SOTD, perhaps because there is a sign in the waiting room that states "Fragrance Free Office Zone"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    I was in the lab @ my Doctor's Office getting some blood drawn to check Medication levels. The nurse told me "Oh You Smell Good". I was wearing Azzaro pour homme.

Basenotes Institution

I was in Starbucks yesterday and the cashier and barista complimented me on my fragrance. Surprised me, because the mell of coffee is so strong in those stores, I couldn't believe my scent could be registered by them...but apparently it is.

I was wearing a woman's fragrance, Angelique Noire by Guerlain. They both asked me what I was wearing, and when I told them the name their eyes kind of went blank. Like, 'whaaa...?'
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th March 2009 at 10:21 PM.